• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A new spriting style...

stalememes

A mouse is in my computer
Reaction score
Today I discovered a new style(Don't blame me if the style's been discovered already, I'm new to spriting.). I call it the 'Cyborg' style. Down below there is a Cyborg Steelix.VVV
Steelix-Cyborg58358.png

^Cyborg Steelix^

Looks really original and effective, I like it. As far as I know there is nothing visually similar to that, but I know of many techniques called Cyborg, so you may want to rethink the name... Looks great!

Ok, thanks for your comment. I'll rename the style, "Robo" then.

How did you do that?

Edit:
210px-Reshiramrobo.png

does that work?

Last edited:
Try looking at my pony!

-Go once around with the first color (i used green)
-go back around with the second color (i used light green)
-go around again (under the green, light green) and do the first color again (green, light green, green)

See the pattern? Continue it until you get to the middle!

Hope that helps! I call my versions "Gummies" or my new term "Virus" (second term I got from a friend cuz they thought it was a computer virus....lol)

It's merely an image alteration, simply made by clicking on a command on the upper bar of programs like Photoshop. -.-'

Last edited:
Try looking at my pony!

-Go once around with the first color (i used green)
-go back around with the second color (i used light green)
-go around again (under the green, light green) and do the first color again (green, light green, green)

See the pattern? Continue it until you get to the middle!

Hope that helps! I call my versions "Gummies" or my new term "Virus" (second term I got from a friend cuz they thought it was a computer virus....lol)

Oh, I already figured out how to do it. I just didn't say that because the thread was pretty much dead.

Ah-ha! Found your style.. Heheh!
It's called sharpening. It's not really a style yet, but I thought about offering them in my shop. They look sorta like this, correct?
2572s.gif

It's not sharpening. See all those details in the center of the regions? Not done by sharpening.

It's called READ MY THREAD!!!!

There is a link in my shop to proper infernos! That's what it is called is an INFERNO!!!!

Ah, well it looks a lot like sharpening. Lol, one of my programs has that function, and it looked familiar... So yeah.

Well, anyhoo.. it looks jpeg. XD

edit: WAIT!

Look at pikacal's sig! the box around the pikachu on the left, it's definitely sharpening!

it's definantly not sharpening, it adds details that are unatainable by sharpening. Comepare this to your sharpened blaziken:
th_roboblaziken.png

And it's also not .Jpg that causes that. Look at the steelix and look at the edges on it's rocks. Think about how he does that.

looks more like a "Puzzle Maze" Pokemon, but as you stated, since it's done with a Photoshop image editing button, its not really "spriting". Same as the "invert" pokemon since people just click the invert button on MS Paint :/

It's not just one button, it's abit more complex than that. Abit. Don't judge whether or not it is spriting unless you know how it is done.

It's not just one button, it's abit more complex than that. Abit. Don't judge whether or not it is spriting unless you know how it is done.

Well then explain :/

Edit: or better yet, PikaCal should explain it, since they're the OP (even though this thread should be dead) =/

If he sees it, which I doubt he will, then he can choose whether or not to explain it, but I'd rather keep it a secret.

Back
Top Bottom