• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his teacher

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his teacher

Queens school lifted their long-standing ban on Pokémon Trading Card Game because of a nine-year-old boy's letter to his teacher to get the rule overturned.

Read more on Bulbanews

brickwork

Reaction score
Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

Wow. Good on him!

GameCodeTrainer

Warrior of 炎
Reaction score
Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

That's awesome, good for him :cool: Doesn't matter how small you are, as long as you have a big heart, you can do anything (I know, pretty corny :p) :-D

chimera

Reaction score

Smart boy. Good for him.

Japan!

white rice
Reaction score

he is a hero!

AlexK2013

Creative Co-Author
Reaction score

wow, he must love the Pokemon TCG enough to request the ban to be overturned! >;)

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score

Wow, that kid truly is something. :)

mariowie

Happy
Reaction score

Coolest kid ever.

Outcast

Perfect Nonsense
Reaction score

That's awesome, it would be cool if he had an account here.

Caitlin

Reaction score

I tried something like this back in grade school in the late 90s when all of the parents and teachers were suspicious of possible "satanic ties" in the franchise. My school had banned carrying the cards on school property, but since it was the only thing we really had to pass the time indoors when it rained during recess, I had to fight it. I ended up suspended over my "protest". :(

Good to see that there are some people in the world who still have some common sense in them, even if it takes a 9 year old kid to beat it out of them.

System Error

Given power
Reaction score

My exact reaction to this, motion for motion, word for word...

"What...in the FUUUCK?" *reading* "So, thanks to the efforts of a nine-year-old boy, the card game has been unbanned in Queens school..........San Fransisco, California?"

*pause*

"The trading card game is SAVED!!!!!" (dramatic)

*pause*

*super serious slam of right palm onto desk*

*while reading article, sees note about math calculations* "Don't you like, learn about that in Grade 3. *raising hands slightly* (dryly) Seriously?"

turned Lucas into a mini-star among students (mumbling) "People still play it?" (thoughts) "Well, his is nine. But he looks like the kind of kid who gets beat up weekly..."

I know, I'm a jackass. :p Just found the "saved TCG" part an amusing choice of words, that's all. Of all the words to chose, "unbanned", "promotes", "condones", "helped", "bedazzled", it just had to be the one that implied the fate of the Pokemon TCG, the balance of the very game worldwide, rested on this one kid getting it unbanned in Queens school.

A very persuasive kid no doubt, maybe even intelligent beyond his years, but still. Again, probably just partially the jackass in me, but also partially the satirist of news articles from my early days of posting. :/ But while we're on the subject how's about this for a TCG quip? I knew a kid who played in my local league the WotC days. He hated losing, possibly more than me. Today, he and his brother are professional hockey players, and are in the farm team of the Chicago Blackhawks.

But yeah, in summary, indifferent to the TCG now, the opposite to funny choices of words, feel good for the kid, etc.

Alex800

Reaction score

That's an awesome kid :3

Axxonn

Owning all your base
Reaction score

Haha, this is awesome. Good for him.

On a side note, when I first saw the title, I thought it was "A nine-year-old boy saved by Pokémon TCG". Like, I thought he was dying but the TCG saved him or something. o_o

Outcast

Perfect Nonsense
Reaction score

Haha, this is awesome. Good for him.

On a side note, when I first saw the title, I thought it was "A nine-year-old boy saved by Pokémon TCG". Like, I thought he was dying but the TCG saved him or something. o_o
Haha, your not the only one.

Egghatch

Waluigi Number WAHn
Reaction score

The title of this article is misleading, but that kid is AMAZING.

glow

Reaction score

Awesome. Why couldn't something like this have happened when I was in grade school?

Litten

Consideration
Reaction score

I guess I'm happy for him, but this doesn't seem as important as the title made it sound. Also, some of my friends did the same thing at our middle school a few years back, but you didn't hear about that on the news :[

Water Max

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score

I think that the things which he did are good for him and his school and may make other schools and universities consider the series more. I first read this article by seeing the title on the front page of the forums where it says "A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas..." I thought that title was impossible because it looks like it may be about a change in the TCG part of the franchise but it is a local article and may not be suitable to be read internationally.

Flareth

The Hellish Angel
Reaction score

Wow, that's cool. Kudos to you, kid!

Where I went to school, trading cards were banned because they were "gambling items" or something. Then I go back in 8th grade and they say that it's OK to have them. How in the hell...?

Reaction score

That's awesome. Well done to him. Fight tah powah!