• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

Alright, good for him. He wrote a letter for something he wanted persuasively and got it.

However, I think that going on as if he's some gifted genius hero is a bit far. I have seen quite a few people younger than him do more courageous things to stand up for what they want and succeed in doing so.

Basically, smart boy and very well done for him, but he's not incredibly exceptional as far as I'm aware. Sorry to spoil the atmosphere a little bit. :p

And that title made me think that a 9-year-old had saved the TCG worldwide. @_@

Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

It's not this single act that's impressive, it's what it stands for. A precedent has been made, one that could end this nonsense started 11 years or so hence. I know it will never be entirely accepted because playing games during school hours is not entirely conducive to learning. Not unless it's incorporated into the curriculum. I'm surprised these people listened, but he does have a good point. Perhaps other schools may become more lax in their policies, but there will always be at least a small restriction.

the game is not banned in my school but im the only one who use's it :(
And I'm Fine With The Name But Would A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG At His School be a better tittle

I recall reading of another instance of this in some Pokemon mini-magazine that was at Gamestop during the days when Pokemon Ranger was just released. Anyhow, it's nice to know that the kid knows to stand up for his practices [no matter how frivolous] in a nonviolent way.

Haha, this is awesome. Good for him.

On a side note, when I first saw the title, I thought it was "A nine-year-old boy saved by Pokémon TCG". Like, I thought he was dying but the TCG saved him or something. o_o

Haha, same here.

Good on him for getting the TCG back in his school!

When I was in primary school, the school banned everything. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, even Beyblades! It was a very 'No Fun Allowed' school.

Unfortunately ""the added concept of math" along with my "the reasoning behind type advantages" was not enough to unban this in MY school.

This kid is really awesome! It's amazing how he learned how to write a good persuasive letter so young :) I would love to teach a kid like this in my future classroom.

Also, this article makes me want to go out and buy TCG packs and write up a math lesson plan for them. xD

2 things:

1. How is this news?
2. Who got hold of this 'news' in the first place? Has Bulbagarden got a spy in that school or something?

Alright, good for him. He wrote a letter for something he wanted persuasively and got it.

However, I think that going on as if he's some gifted genius hero is a bit far. I have seen quite a few people younger than him do more courageous things to stand up for what they want and succeed in doing so.

Basically, smart boy and very well done for him, but he's not incredibly exceptional as far as I'm aware. Sorry to spoil the atmosphere a little bit. :p

I agree with this. I mean... it's just a card game. It's fine that you like it 'n stuff (even if you're obsessed with it, disturbing as that may be to some people), but I think it's best to leave your hobbies and interests at home. Of course though, I'm talking from more of a workforce perspective, but getting your schooling done is just as important. The cards were mainly banned in most elementary schools because being the little whippersnappers that they are, they're easily distracted from the main purpose of school and they're going to create huge fights with others over them. It's not much of a problem in secondary schools, since most kids in their early teens on up are a little more mature and use their time wisely whenever they want to play the card game.

2 things:

1. How is this news?
2. Who got hold of this 'news' in the first place? Has Bulbagarden got a spy in that school or something?

First of all, it is not a news article but rather an "opinion piece" as you can see on the top of the article. Secondly, Bulbanews is not just about the news but columns, opinions, letters as well, which includes "On the origin of species, Personality and Development etc".
As far as source is concerned, a link has been provided at the end of the article.

Search "pokemon" on Google News.

I remember how evil my primary school was...they banned Pokémon; then Digimon (adjusting their statement to include anything ending in 'mon'). On the last day of term, they'd allow Pokémon though - after my Mum wrote a letter to the head. Shit, these "letter to the head" things seem to be working!

Also, the head teacher who was there when I was went to another school, and was unanimously voted out by parents and governers xD

I guess I'm happy for him, but this doesn't seem as important as the title made it sound. Also, some of my friends did the same thing at our middle school a few years back, but you didn't hear about that on the news :[

Yeah, it's a typical cute local news story of the type that gets tossed into the local paper if someone bothers contacting the paper about it, and it's a slow news day. There's nothing about this particular event that sets it apart from the hundred other times something reasonably identical happened.

Whether it has anything to do on Bulbanews is another story.

Good for him! Now he and his friends Barry and Dawn can play it. Ha! Ha...haha...ha?

*ahem* But, yes, good for him.

On a side note, when I first saw the title, I thought it was "A nine-year-old boy saved by Pokémon TCG". Like, I thought he was dying but the TCG saved him or something. o_o

Pokémon does that to people. It saves lives!

That kid, awesome. I'm impressed by him. Takes alot of guts to stand for what you believe in like that.

For people wondering if it has anything to do with Bulbanews, Bulbanews did previously run an article about the educational possibilities of Pokemon. This student went with that approach and got the TCG unbanned, so basically this is Bulbanews following up on past articles.

now that's remarkable!

The title should be "Nine-Year Old Overturns School Ban on TCG"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom