• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his teacher

Queens school lifted their long-standing ban on Pokémon Trading Card Game because of a nine-year-old boy's letter to his teacher to get the rule overturned.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

Wow. Good on him!

Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

That's awesome, good for him :cool: Doesn't matter how small you are, as long as you have a big heart, you can do anything (I know, pretty corny :p) :-D

Smart boy. Good for him.

he is a hero!

wow, he must love the Pokemon TCG enough to request the ban to be overturned! >;)

Wow, that kid truly is something. :)

Coolest kid ever.

That's awesome, it would be cool if he had an account here.

I tried something like this back in grade school in the late 90s when all of the parents and teachers were suspicious of possible "satanic ties" in the franchise. My school had banned carrying the cards on school property, but since it was the only thing we really had to pass the time indoors when it rained during recess, I had to fight it. I ended up suspended over my "protest". :(

Good to see that there are some people in the world who still have some common sense in them, even if it takes a 9 year old kid to beat it out of them.

My exact reaction to this, motion for motion, word for word...

"What...in the FUUUCK?" *reading* "So, thanks to the efforts of a nine-year-old boy, the card game has been unbanned in Queens school..........San Fransisco, California?"

*pause*

"The trading card game is SAVED!!!!!" (dramatic)

*pause*

*super serious slam of right palm onto desk*

*while reading article, sees note about math calculations* "Don't you like, learn about that in Grade 3. *raising hands slightly* (dryly) Seriously?"

turned Lucas into a mini-star among students (mumbling) "People still play it?" (thoughts) "Well, his is nine. But he looks like the kind of kid who gets beat up weekly..."

I know, I'm a jackass. :p Just found the "saved TCG" part an amusing choice of words, that's all. Of all the words to chose, "unbanned", "promotes", "condones", "helped", "bedazzled", it just had to be the one that implied the fate of the Pokemon TCG, the balance of the very game worldwide, rested on this one kid getting it unbanned in Queens school.

A very persuasive kid no doubt, maybe even intelligent beyond his years, but still. Again, probably just partially the jackass in me, but also partially the satirist of news articles from my early days of posting. :/ But while we're on the subject how's about this for a TCG quip? I knew a kid who played in my local league the WotC days. He hated losing, possibly more than me. Today, he and his brother are professional hockey players, and are in the farm team of the Chicago Blackhawks.

But yeah, in summary, indifferent to the TCG now, the opposite to funny choices of words, feel good for the kid, etc.

That's an awesome kid :3

Haha, this is awesome. Good for him.

On a side note, when I first saw the title, I thought it was "A nine-year-old boy saved by Pokémon TCG". Like, I thought he was dying but the TCG saved him or something. o_o

Haha, this is awesome. Good for him.

On a side note, when I first saw the title, I thought it was "A nine-year-old boy saved by Pokémon TCG". Like, I thought he was dying but the TCG saved him or something. o_o

Haha, your not the only one.

The title of this article is misleading, but that kid is AMAZING.

Awesome. Why couldn't something like this have happened when I was in grade school?

I guess I'm happy for him, but this doesn't seem as important as the title made it sound. Also, some of my friends did the same thing at our middle school a few years back, but you didn't hear about that on the news :[

I think that the things which he did are good for him and his school and may make other schools and universities consider the series more. I first read this article by seeing the title on the front page of the forums where it says "A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas..." I thought that title was impossible because it looks like it may be about a change in the TCG part of the franchise but it is a local article and may not be suitable to be read internationally.

Wow, that's cool. Kudos to you, kid!

Where I went to school, trading cards were banned because they were "gambling items" or something. Then I go back in 8th grade and they say that it's OK to have them. How in the hell...?

That's awesome. Well done to him. Fight tah powah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom