• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

That just goes to show you that most anything can be used as a learning tool. It could be something like the TCG, which would help with teaching math, or an interesting book series that helps to encourage children to read. It's crazy that the TCG was banned in the first place.

If I knew how to play the game (or remembered how, since my only TCG playing is through the first Gameboy Color game), I'd use it with students myself.

Re: A nine-year-old boy saved Pokémon TCG: Lucas Ayala's persuasive letter to his tea

On the topic of reducing home work in elementary school, here's a way to do those repetitive 5-2 type questions in grade 1 or 2 without making it excruciatingly boring.

Good for the kid and all, but I still don't really understand why he's being treated like some sort of hero. I mean yeah, the kid saved the TCG at his school, and he should be glad he did, but it's not like he saved the TCG worldwide like the title suggests.

Yeah apparently Pokemon was also banned in my elementary school when I went there (Damn those safety patrol goody goodie's)

This story is almost as sappy as Heracross.

That's pretty awesome. Good for him!

Damn, thats awesome. Back when I was in elementary school we got our decks confiscated if we did out in the open, so we just took them back and played under our desks when the teacher wasn't looking. Though, its an inspirational story and all that good stuff!

Am I the only one who sees nothing especially appealing in that article?
He didn't "save the TCG", he only fought for his thoughts and managed to unban it from the school he studies in. However, the one that deserves the credit there is the teacher, the one that understood what he was doing and encouraged his maturity.
Many of you may have seen similar acts going around, many have much greater student than this one, but the schools just answer a big "no" and they obtain no repercussion.
Just my opinion...

At least the kid did something about his situation instead of whining on about it like a lot of 9-year olds would do. I applaud him.

That's awesome. But TBH these bans went up during the Poke-Mania days so I'm still surprised they're still in effect nowadays. xDDD

He/She who believes that Pokemon is Satanic is one who lets his/her religion rule him/her.

speaking of Pokemon and religion, remember in 2003 when Pokemon was banned from Saudi Arabia because it's a potential distraction for Muslims praying and they saw it as a tool to promote Zionism?

I think this kid is pretty damn awesome.

Back when I was young I remember that me and my friends had a secret spot that we would go to during recess and lunch to play Pokemon and trade Pokemon and yugioh cards without the teachers seeing us and taking them all away.

Yeah, I'll agree with others that this story's headline was pretty misleading, I thought the TCG was dying or something.

Anyways, good for him! It's great that he's applying something he likes to do to education, I think that's something systems need more of. Passion.

I liked his little message at the end of the teacher confiscating a bunch of decks, it might've been counterintuitive to his argument, but he saved it by telling the teacher how great she is, haha. :p

The Pokemon TCG.. it's alive!

..in Woodside, Queens.

PS: OT, but I haven't been here in a while.. Lati@s icon for gender? Awesomeness! :D

yay for them :)
why didn't anyone at my school think to do this back in the 90s??? :mad:

Thats great!!!

I think this is such an awesome story... As a Pokemon loving teacher, I'd think this kid would bee my favourite (even though we're not supposed to pick favourites)

Screw trying to unban it. Just play it behind the teacher's backs or on the school bus. My friends and I would trade them when we were inside for recess. THe teachers on recess duty did get pissed, but nobody cared. Besides, the TCG is retarded. Those goddamn energy cards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom