• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia A Perfectly Ordinary Game of Mafia, Endgame: The Fool is You! Oracle and Survivors win! (1/5/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1 Start
  • Day 1: A Perfectly Ordinary Beginning

“Alright, here you go.” Lone_Garurumon said as he and Crystal Onix handed the assembled players the envelopes containing their role PMs for the game. “I’m sure you’ll find these sufficiently standard and simple to understand.”

“Yes…” Mumbled Midorikawa as she read her role PM, her brow furrowed. “Standard…”

“So, what’d you get?” Pika_Pika42 asked as he leaned over to myuma.

“Hey, no peeking.”

“Alright,” Crystal Onix said, bringing the players to attention, “It’s now Day 1. It’s gonna end in 48 hours, so, start voting.”

And so they did.

It is now Day 1. Day 1 will end in 48 hours.
    Countdown Timer

Night 1 Start
  • Night 1: Stalled Start

D1 End-Phase Votals
    Myuma (3):
    Max1996, TheCapsFan, MegaPod
    Max1996 (3): Jinjo, Midorikawa, DawningWinds

Tensions rose incredibly quickly as the players began to feel that the game may not be quite as simple as they had been led to believe.

“This is impossible!” MegaPod shouted. “Four Survivors just doesn’t happen!”

“Well what would you suggest?” Pikochu asked. “We can’t just lynch them all!”

“We should just lynch Max.” Jinjo shrugged. “He’s the one that started this whole mess. Why would he claim if he wasn’t trying to hide, anyway?”

“What about myuma?” TheCapsFan asked. “I don’t like the way she’s been acting. We could lynch her.”

“Yeah! Let’s lynch myuma!” Max piped up.

“Max, you’re a vote leader.” DawningWinds said. “You don’t get to have opinions.”

“I don’t really care,” ThatAsianInTheCorner said from the corner that they were sitting in. “Just so long as I get my kill.” It was at this point that Lone_Garurumon walked in.

“So, you know who you’re gonna lynch today?” He asked, to a cacophony of answers and questions as to what the hell is going on here. “Ok, ok. Let’s just see what the votes say.” Taking a quick look at the tallies, Lone simply shrugged. “Sorry, you guys tied the votes, so no-one’s getting lynched today.”

“Dammit!” Tood cried, out of breath as he rushed in to hear Lone declare the no-lynch, having intended to break the tie.

“Sorry.” Lone shrugged. “Try the night-phase, I’m sure something’ll come of that.”

Nobody was lynched

It is now Night 1. Night 1 will end in 23 hours and 40 minutes
    Countdown timer

Last edited:
    Day 2 Start
  • Day 2: The Capital Cultist

24 hours later, Lone and Crystal Onix returned to reveal the results of the night phase.

“Whaddya say, CO?” Lone asked his compatriot as the players waited with bated breath. “Anything interesting?”

“Nah, pretty ordinary to be honest.” CO said, reading the results. A burst of confetti then erupted at TheCapsFan’s feet as CO declared him killed during the night and read out his role PM.

TheCapsFan was killed. They were a Cult Leader aligned only with themselves

Hi there TheCapsFan, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Cult Leader.

Your goal in this game is domination over the minds and desires of all players, and the elimination of those who would resist. To help with this goal, you have the power to indoctrinate any other player into your cult of ordinarity during the night phase, with no player beyond your ability to command. You can do this by typing “Indoctrinate <target>” into your role PM.

You are aligned only with yourself, and win once your cult are the only players left alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

"Aw dammit." Caps said, disappointed with such an early loss.

“Wait he was a what!?” Tood exclaimed.

“In a game this size?!” MegaPod added.

“’Standard’ my ass!” Midorikawa accused.

“I dunno what you guys are talking about.” Lone said. “Seems pretty normal to me.” He and Crystal Onix then walked out of the room to leave the players to their voting with the start of D2.

It is now Day 2. Day 2 will end in 48 hours
    Countdown timer

Night 2 Start
  • N2: Max Murder

Day 2 Votals:
    Max1996 (3):
    Midorikawa, DawningWinds, Pika_Pika42
    MegaPod (2): MegaPod, Max1996

“Yeah, ok, we’ve established, at length, that this game is absurd, and that none of us really have any idea what’s going on,” myuma said, trying to mentally sort their way through things, “So, what are we gonna do with it? What’s our gameplan here?”

“I dunno, kill Max?” DawningWinds proposed. “We were going in that direction yesterday anyway.”

“Wha- Hey, come on! Why me?” Max asked.

“Well, four Survivors is obviously a falsehood, so naturally at least two of the remainder are lying, we’ve already proven Caps was.” Dawning explained. Just makes sense.

“Or,” MegaPod interjected, “And hear me out here, we could lynch me.”

“What?” Jinjo deadpanned.

“Yeah, that ain’t gonna happen.” Pika_Pika42 said.

“So,” Crystal Onix said, popping his head into the room, “You guys got a lynch today?”

“They certainly do.” Lone said, coming in alongside his compatriot. “Barely though, I thought they’d wind up with another no-lynch for a second there.” An explosion of confetti burst from Max1996’s feet as Lone read out his role PM to the group.

Max1996 was lynched, he was a Serial Killer aligned only with himself
    Hi there Max1996, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Serial Killer.

Your goal in this game is the rather standard win-condition of being the last player remaining alive. To help with this goal, you have the power to kill other players during the night phase. You can do this by typing “Kill <target>” into your role PM.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once you are the only player left alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

“You know, I wanna be surprised, but at this point I kinda expected it. This shit's insane.” Pikochu said as everyone headed out for the night phase.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end in 24 hours.
    Countdown Timer

Day 3 Start
  • D3: Well That Was Anticlimactic

“So, who dies tonight?” Pikochu asked as Lone and CO walked in.

“This may surprise you,” Lone said, “but nobody.”

“Nobody?” ThatAsianInTheCorner asked.

“Nobody.”

“Sorry, not really sure what to say.” CO said. “You can vote for someone and make them die during the day. But for now, nobody dies.”

“I feel oddly disappointed...” Tood mused.

Nobody Died

It is now Day 3. Day 3 will end in 48 hours.
    Countdown timer

Endgame
  • Endgame: The Fool is You!

D3 Votals:
    Pikochu (4):
    myuma, Midorikawa, Tood, Pika_Pika42
    MegaPod (2): DawningWinds, MegaPod
    Myuma (1): ThatAsianInTheCorner

“So, Piko?” Midorikawa confirmed with her voting buddies.

“Piko.” Tood and myuma responded.

“Did I just hear that you’re lynching Piko?” CO said as he came in through the door.

“Yeah, that’s right.” myuma replied.

"Oh, this is gonna be fun." Lone said, rubbing his hands together with glee. The standard confetti burst erupted from Pikochu's feet as CO recited his role PM to the group.

Pikochu was lynched, they were a Serial Killer aligned only with themselves
    Hi there Pikochu, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are an Arsonist.

Your goal in this game is the rather standard win-condition of being the last player remaining alive. To help with this goal, you have the ability to “Prime” and subsequently “Ignite” other players. During the night phase, you may give another player the “Primed” status by typing “Prime <target> for ignition” into your role PM (primed players will not be informed for their status). During the night phase, you may also “Ignite” all primed players, killing them all at once. You can do this by typing “Ignite” into your role PM.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once you are the only player left alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

Somewhat surprisingly, an entirely different form of explosion happened as Lone called a short fanfare and gestured to Midorikawa, who was smiling smugly as fireworks erupted around her.

Midorikawa has won the game! They were an Oracle aligned only with themselves
    Hi there Midorikawa, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are an Oracle.

Your goal in this game is nothing short of the complete eradication of all players with night actions in this game. To aid in this goal, at the beginning of every day phase after D1, you will receive a riddle which may be shared with the game thread, the answers to which will point you towards the players with active night actions. You know, pretty standard stuff.

In addition, you have a post restriction. All posts made in-thread by you must be worded in an overly grandiose and flamboyant manner. Your first failure to comply with this restriction will result in a warning, further failures may result in modkill or substitution. Run your posts by a host if you’re uncertain.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once all players with night actions are dead.

Your victory will end the game.

"Thank you all ever so much for helping me with my victory." Mido said, bowing to the rest of the players.

"And since that victory explicitly ends the game..." Crystal Onix began

"We're in Endgame, yo!" Lone finished as another series of fireworks erupted around the Tood and Jinjo, who cheered and high-fived each other.

Tood and Jinjo have won the game! They were Survivors aligned only with themselves
    Hi there Jinjo, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Survivor.

Your only goal in this game is possibly the simplest win condition of the entire game. Live. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you are alive during the endgame.

However… There might be something a little less ordinary about you...
    Hi there Tood, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Survivor.

Your only goal in this game is possibly the simplest win condition of the entire game. Live. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you are alive during the endgame.

"And now that we're in Endgame," Lone said, "let's see who else hit their wincons, shall we?" Everybody waited for a moment, waiting for more fireworks. None came.

"Oh," Crystal Onix said, "Oh dear." He then pulled out a list and recited the failings of the other players.

"MegaPod has lost, having failed to get himself lynched, though not for lack of trying." Megapod crossed his arms and sulked as red lights and a buzzer sound erupted around him, signalling his loss.

MegaPod has lost the game, they were a Jester aligned only with themselves
    Hi there MegaPod, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Jester.

Your only goal in this game is the incredibly standard win condition to get yourself lynched. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you are lynched

"DawningWinds, much like MegaPod, has lost for failing to be night killed."

"For what it's worth I did tell you guys to kill me."

DawningWinds has lost the game, they were an Unjester aligned only with themselves
    Hi there DawningWinds, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are an Unjester.

Your only goal in this game is the incredibly standard win condition to die during the night. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win if you die during the night

"Pika_Pika42 has lost for failing to meet his lynch target."

"What did you expect!? We had a no-lynch D1!"

Pika_Pika42 has lost the game, they were a Brawler aligned only with themselves
    Hi there Pika_Pika42, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Brawler.

Your goal in this game is simply getting into some fights and having some fun by lynching a bunch of people, you really don’t care who. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once you have participated in the lynch wagons of at least 3 other players.

"And finally, myuma and ThatAsianInTheCorner have lost for failing to see to the death of the other."

myuma and ThatAsianInTheCorner has lost the game, they were Lynchers aligned only with themselves
    Hi there myuma, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Lyncher.

Your goal in this game is the death of your mortal enemy, the game’s other Lyncher. But be careful, because they want you dead just as badly as you want them dead. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once the other Lyncher is dead by any means.
    Hi there ThatAsianInTheCorner, your role in this game is perhaps the most ordinary role in all of mafia; you are a Lyncher.

Your goal in this game is the death of your mortal enemy, the game’s other Lyncher. But be careful, because they want you dead just as badly as you want them dead. You have no powers to help you achieve this goal, so you must rely only on your wit and your own vote as tools.

You are aligned only with yourself and win once the other Lyncher is dead by any means.

"And, well, that's the entire game." CO said, putting away his list. "Thank you for playing and we hope you all enjoyed the game." Pikochu raised his hand.

"Yes, Piko." Lone said.

"What the actual fuck." Piko deadpanned.

"You're... Gonna have to be more specific there buddy."

"This entire game!" He shouted. "No Town, no Mafia, just all different kinds of indeps! This isn't Ordinary in the slightest!"

"Oh, well, as for that, why not take a look at the date the sign-ups were first posted?"

"April 16th." MegaPod said plainly.

"Yyyyyyyeaaaaaaahhh, development may have taken longer than I'd planned, but uhhh, April Fools!" Lone and CO made a pose as a banner unfurled from the ceiling behind them reading "You've all been pranked! This game wasn't Ordinary at all!" The result of this was mainly groans and facepalms all 'round, even from the winners.

"Man, we got 'em good." CO said to Lone, the pair grinning widely. The group of players slowly began to mill out of the room, grumbling all the while.

"Seriously all this trouble"
    "Couldn't even bother to get it out on time"
    "I dunno I thought it was kinda funny"

@Midorikawa, @Tood, and @Jinjo have won the game!

So, there we have it. Congratulations to @Midorikawa, @Tood, and @Jinjo for winning the game, and thank you all for joining, be it as a player, sub, or a spectator. Also I must say that it is absolutely incredible that the only players to die in this game were the hostiles. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. I And now, as is traditional, a quick round of questions for the players should they feel like answering.

Did you enjoy the game?
    This game was very... Unique. What did you think of the concept?
    What did you think of the balance?
    What did you think of the flavour text?
    If you could change one thing about this game, what would it be?
    Would you be willing to play another game with this kind of setup?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back
    Top Bottom