• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A personal view of the Pokémon VGC UK: Thoughts from the day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
A personal view of the Pokémon VGC UK: Thoughts from the day

UK leg of the Pokémon Video Games Championships have taken place, and the winners Ruben (first place, from Spain) and Ashley (second place, from England) have been awarded their prizes and gotten home and back to their normal lives. I hope that everyone else who attended also went away feeling the buzz of success for what they have achieved.

Read more on Bulbanews

011284mm said:
this time there were only four – Kyurem, Zekrom, Reshiram and Victini. The choosing of these particular four seemed a little strange to me as almost anyone could have had at least one of these in their teams if they had only completed the main story.

In VGCs the number of version mascots allowed to be used is normally limited and event pokémon are never allowed. In 2010 a maximum number of 2 version mascots or Mewtwo were allowed to be used. By version mascots I'm including Kyurem because I expect it will be the mascot of the third version.

In VGCs the number of version mascots allowed to be used is normally limited and event pokémon are never allowed. In 2010 a maximum number of 2 version mascots or Mewtwo were allowed to be used. By version mascots I'm including Kyurem because I expect it will be the mascot of the third version.

I am sure you are right about the mascots, yet it just seemed a little strange. Would Zorua and Zoroark not count as event Pokémon as you can only get them yourself by using event Pokémon from an earlier genoration? It just struck me as odd.

Water Max, I would also like to say, I have noticed that the entire Pokémon community looks to the third gen5 game as being Grey/Gray and Kyurem as being its mascot. I wonder if GameFreak and Nintendo would every decide to mess with every one and put something such as Genesect as the mascot. I find a level of enjoyment is found in that thought.

I am sure you are right about the mascots, yet it just seemed a little strange. Would Zorua and Zoroark not count as event Pokémon as you can only get them yourself by using event Pokémon from an earlier genoration? It just struck me as odd.

Water Max, I would also like to say, I have noticed that the entire Pokémon community looks to the third gen5 game as being Grey/Gray and Kyurem as being its mascot. I wonder if GameFreak and Nintendo would every decide to mess with every one and put something such as Genesect as the mascot. I find a level of enjoyment is found in that thought.
sorry for being off topic but
there is also a chance that cobalion might be the version mascot just like how suicune was in second gen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom