• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh A possible solution for Dexit

Reaction score
I think I may have thought a solution for Dexit. What if future games allowed you to transfer in any Pokemon outside the regional dex, except that it must be fully evolved? That way, there would be less animations to program, but everyone's cherished partners could still be brought forward as long as they've finished evolving. Competitive battling wouldn't be affected because unevolved Pokemon are very rarely used in that kind of scenario. Players who have a cherished Pokemon they don't want to evolve for whatever reason would still be affected, but it would still be better than the current system.

Not the worst idea I've heard, but you would have to move any such Pokémon into the Undiscovered Egg group each time in order to prevent breeding an absent species, which honestly to me feels even more awkward than a select number of families just not being present in the region.

I'd completely forgotten about breeding! I suppose the Nursery could have a rule that they only accept region-native Pokemon or something, but that would be a bit weird too. And people who like breeding competitive Pokemon would have to do that in another game, then evolve the Pokemon and transfer it over. Breeding isn't quite as essential as it used to be thanks to Hyper Training, Mints and the like, but it would still be strange to not have that option for certain Pokemon.

I’d rather have the National Dex be patched in towards the end of a generation during a gap year. It would allow Game Freak to give people something to do while they finish polishing the next generation and ensures that no one’s favorites become unusable for too many releases just because they weren’t popular enough.

I’m not sure this would really fix the issue. I imagine there are plenty of missing not-fully-evolved Pokémon that are equally or even more popular than some of the missing fully-evolved ones.

And people who like breeding competitive Pokemon would have to do that in another game, then evolve the Pokemon and transfer it over.
Iirc official formats don’t allow Pokémon originating from outside the generation. You’ve to breed it in the games you're using it for. For example you need to bring over charmander from some other game, breed it in Kalos and use the offspring for the XY games' VGC.

Iirc official formats don’t allow Pokémon originating from outside the generation. You’ve to breed it in the games you're using it for. For example you need to bring over charmander from some other game, breed it in Kalos and use the offspring for the XY games' VGC.

Not anymore, as of the Isle of Armor update. There's now an NPC in the Battle Tower who you can take transferred Pokémon to in order to have him make them "battle-ready" (usable in official competitions) in exchange for making them forget all of their current moves (so as to prevent disallowed legacy moves).

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom