1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!

A Programmers Guide to Discussions

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by SoaringDylan, Nov 12, 2017.

1. SoaringDylan

SoaringDylan The Soaring Trainer

Blog Posts:
    Hey there! A few days ago I was talking with a fellow programmer friend of mine @Pikochu about the lack of a programming thread on the forum. So I've taken the initiative and created one!

Here we can discuss any topic to do with programming, next to asking questions if we're stuck creating something, most often there'll be someone who knows the solution.
    If you're not a programmer or just looking for someone to fulfill a small request, feel free to post here and if you're lucky someone might pick it up :)

Few things to keep in mind:
    • Don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about
    • It's fine to ask if people wanna work on a project with you, but don't just advertise it.
    • Don't forget your semicolons.
    Current programming problems & questions:
    null

Requests:
    null

returnofMCH and Pikochu like this.
  2. returnofMCH

returnofMCH FABULOUS

Blog Posts:
    haven't programmed in 2 years, so I'm rusty. good idea though guys!

3. Pikochu

Pikochu saw Delibird delivering presents.

Blog Posts:
    Bah, sorry for not getting to this thread earlier. I have been pretty VERY busy at my technical fellowship for the past few weeks. Actually, I'm still fairly busy but we are currently working on our projects now.

What have I learned in my fellowship? Well, I mainly get to play with web development which mainly consists of HTML/CSS along with JavaScript. Of course, we went beyond just going the browser and we use Node.js, React, React Native and Redux along with verious libraries such as Postgres, Underscore.js, Bootstrap, Socket.io, Express and so on.

The project I'm currently working on is mainly a series of multiplayer mini-games that can be run on the client-side. Currently, we are just reviewing how we get the login to work and how to set up our user database. Once we get that done, hopefully we can start programming the mini-games themselves.

Along with that, I'm also reviewing Data Structures and Algorithms for interview preparation that I will be doing for months with my fellowship.

Unless you're writing in Python or JavaScript. :p

Anyways, I'll be more than happy to help and perhaps work on very small things relating to Python, HTML/CSS and JavaScript if anyone needs help.

SoaringDylan likes this.
  4. godiego

godiego gay++

Blog Posts:
    haha, i'd still use them in js anyways just for clarity's sake.

SoaringDylan likes this.
  5. Pikochu

Pikochu saw Delibird delivering presents.

Blog Posts:
    Good ol' React.js to remind me that i before e except after c.

[​IMG]