• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Question about Pokemon in the real world

EpicScizor

Nuzlocke Challenger
Reaction score
OK. I'm writing a fan fiction that has to do with pokemon being in our world, but I've been having a bit of a writer's block when it comes to ideas for how exactly they would be used. Any ideas?

I can see military/defense applications.

But they can also be pets (licensing would be an issue though)...

Ya, true. I'm trying to focus on the day-to-day things. So anything specific you can think up?

When in doubt, refer to Magic Realism. In other words, you see a big brownish rat chewing an exit through your house's wall with insanely strong teeth, and all you can think of is "I gotta call animal control" instead of "OMG! Radioactive rodent!"

Ya, true. I'm trying to focus on the day-to-day things. So anything specific you can think up?
Do it Flintstones' style?

Do it Flintstones' style?

99.9999% I think a mechanical or electronic device would work better.

Growlithe, Arcanine, Houndoom, Houndour would make EXCELLENT guard dogs. Intensely loyal and equipped with a flamethrower to boot.

Aron could be used in the mining industry. It was mentioned that they cast off shells of high purity iron so I can see them being used in metal refining as well.

Grimer, Muk, Koffing, Weezing could be used to remediate contaminated areas.

You can have some Pokémon as pets, some endangered species (they exist in the games as well. Pokémon fighting (such as dog fighting) and people trying to stop it. People using Pokémon as food, some Pokémon could be used for medicine... etc.

The possibilities are infinite. Just read the Pokédex descriptions and you will have everything you need.

Even better, have a religion of some sort concerning what are essentially the "gods" of the Pokemon world. Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Mew, etc. etc.

Even better, have a religion of some sort concerning what are essentially the "gods" of the Pokemon world. Giratina, Dialga, Palkia, Arceus, Mew, etc. etc.
I can testify that this is actually a nice addition, from reviews I got for Garnets and Cherries.

I like the idea of a religion! I never thought of putting them as gods. Maybe I could tie that into the story......an idea be brewing in my head

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom