• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A (re)introduction

Princess Viola

Join the Robotech Defense Force today!
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. They/Them
Yo!

This is a very much needed reintroduction because, while I'm certainly not new to these boards (last I checked, 30 July 2009 was 14 years ago), but if you check my posts, you'll see my last posts here were back in October 2011. What happened to cause such a huge absence of 12 years? To be completely honest and blunt: I was 15 years old and an incredibly immature POS who got her ass booted from here permanently because of my behavior.

But now I'm back! Back to ruin these forums once more. Nah, I'm just kidding. Do appreciate the site staff for having approved of my unban request though.

Anyways proper introduction stuff:
Name's Viola and I'm 27 years old. Been a fan of Pokémon since childhood - I got introduced to this series via the anime, which I watched pretty religiously on Kids' WB and on video back in the day. I'm also autistic and Pokémon is pretty much one of my special interests and always has been, even if there have been times where my interest has faded a bit, it's never completely gone away.

My first Pokémon game was either Ruby or Sapphire, can't remember which off-hand, but what I do remember is that I had to play it in a way that Nintendo wouldn't approve of as a result of my grandparents not buying me a GBA back then. I haven't actually played any of the mainline games since Sun/Moon though, part of that was because I was getting kind of bored of them at that point (I never even beat Pokémon Moon, although I do wanna restart it after I finish my (re)playthrough of Pokémon Y) and now it's simply because I just don't have a Switch. Planning on getting one for Christmas though.

I've also started getting into the TCG recently, was never my thing growing up (I was a Yugioh girl), but damn these cards are pretty. Don't really play the actual game itself (well I play TCG Live on my phone, but not in-person), I just like collecting them.

As for non-Pokémon stuff, well as you can probably guess from my avatar: I'm transgender and non-binary! Specifically I'm transfeminine and I honestly don't mind at all if you call me a 'woman', I mean I call myself a woman all the time. I'm also lesbian and asexual, very likely aromantic as well. I know that all sounds confusing but it makes perfect sense. (I would've put in the lesbian and ace flags on my avatar as well, but I didn't want to make it too cluttered)

Some other video games I'm into are: Civilization, The Sims, Tony Hawk, GTA, Kirby, Cities: Skylines, Super Mario, Old School RuneScape, and Trainz.

Non-game interests I've got include: 80s technology and 80s fashion, retrogaming, magical girl anime and manga, classic anime and manga (anything older than the 2000s is 'classic' to me), tokusatsu and Power Rangers, Transformers and other mecha franchises, Thomas the Tank Engine (don't judge me), and trains - especially steam locomotives but I love all trains.

That's it really, it's great to be back here posting after such a long time.

hi there viola! :3 i hope you have a good time here on the forums!

also nice to see a fellow kirby fan here! have you played any of the more recent games?
Nah, the most recent one I've played is Kirby: Triple Deluxe (and I don't think 2014 is 'recent', but that might just be me)

Hello there, and welcome back to Bulbagarden!

I happen to be a big fan of magical girl series myself, haha, and it’s nice to see another lover here. Which series do you like, if you don’t mind me asking?
Huge fan of Pretty Cure and Sailor Moon. Also love Tokyo Mew Mew, Phantom Thief Jeanne, and Cutie Honey.

Back
Top Bottom