• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP03: A Sandile Gusher of Change!

CommanderPigg

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
On their way to Striaton City for Ash’s first Unova Gym Battle, our heroes come across a family whose resort hotel is in dire need of help!

Discuss!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a good episode. I liked how the Sandile saved the Pokémon. Team Rocket was dubbed well, and so was Sandile.

However, what happened to Who's That Pokémon??

This ep is still as good as it was, but I still wonder what is up with the sunglasses Sandile. I guess we'll find out in Japan.

BW003 "A Sandile Gusher of Change!"
Ash notices that the Oshawott from before is still following him and decides to catch it. As soon as he receives its Poké Ball, the Pokémon goes MIA, requiring Ash and Iris to search for it. As they look for the Pokémon, they come across a boy named Dan and find out about a problem a group of Sandile are causing for his father's hotel.
-----------------------------------------------
Thank you Iris, for explaining what a geyser is. lol

No Who's That Pokemon ;___;

Another great dub! No Dub music, no dialogue edits at all!

I found Sandile's voice annoying and Oshawott's voice a bit bland but....I'm hopeful they'll get better in time!

So why didn't the Pidove go across, originally?

I guess it's one of few things:
1. They didn't want to leave their friends behind. I mean, if they left before them, that'd seem pretty rude, right? :p
2. Paralyzed with fear?
3. They're just not very smart.

Love the episode! The dub was wonderful and I think they kept all the music pieces. Sandile sounded really antagonistic and I loved the laugh at the very end of the episode. Oshawott sounds really cute and why didnt the Pidove just fly away lol. Overall a wonderful episode and at the dub truly seems promising.

EDIT: I noticed no WTP. What happened, did I miss it?

Team Rocket's motto was just as awesome as last week. I noticed a few changes but it was basically still the same. It makes me wish that they said their motto more often because that' one of the things that I like about new TR.

Sandile sounded a lot like Meguroco so bonus for that TPCi =)

No Who's That Pokemon this time. I guess they probably only did it for those first 2 episodes,unless they do it for selected episodes.

Only 2 more weeks until Dento's dub introduction! =D

Maybe CN took WTP this episode, for commercials or something.

I'm sure it was probably gonna be Sandile anyway. Which, has been a name said many times in this episode, and the name was spelled in the title. At worst, someone could miss it and spell it as "Sandial", but... it's a crocodile...

So... yeah...

And I think the BGM thing is permanent, at least for this series.

CommanderPigg said:
I guess it's one of few things:
1. They didn't want to leave their friends behind. I mean, if they left before them, that'd seem pretty rude, right? :p

If that was the case, I'm sure the show would've acknowledged that. Or at least, I wish it did.

2. Paralyzed with fear?

3. They're just not very smart.

3 is probably the cause of 2.

I guess "Who's that Pokemon?" was a one time thing.

Other than that, the episode was good. It was so funny when Oshawott knocked Pika off of Ash's shoulder.

I just love how the pidove are so stupid, best part of the episode for me because it is just so amusing!

oh, and of course The Rockets were just as brilliant as last week :D

No WTP reeks of CN meddling to make more room for their shit commercials.

Other than that, I have no complaints.
Bonus points for having Sandile's voice sound just like its Japanese counterpart.

They removed Who's that Pokemon for a few seconds of extra "Hall of game" commercials?

CN, you have no qualms about how far you sink, do you?
Ugh. These cuts on Pokemon are getting noticable.

But yeah, nice dub, not my favorite BW episode though.

The beginning was so funny with Ash and Iris trying to walk in front of each other xD At least there's still a bit of old Team Rocket because they still rhyme with the first lines of their motto.

Cilan, I'll see you in 2 weeks! =) Let's hope you get a good voice. So far the voices are pretty good. Even that filler boy's voice was good.

No WTP; Cartoon Network wishing to skip right to the commercials?

And now for this episode. Some people may argue that this episode has a fillerish plot, but two important things come out of it: 1): Ash puts the Oshawott that wanted to follow him into a Poke Ball. 2): The Sandile with the sunglasses starts following Ash and co., and will make sparse apperances in a few more episodes.

Overall, I feel that the writers were trying to experiment with their usual "filler" plot and see exactly how it would impact the new series. Ash and Iris meet up with COTD, COTD explains pokemon-related problem, Ash and co. interact with that pokemon, the pokemon gets stolen by TRio, Ash and co. defeat TRio, and Ash and co. work together with pokemon to solve a common problem. It is because this episode followed that exact same formula is why I didn't like at first when it aired in Japan.

The dub hinted that the Sandile with the sunglasses wasn't there at first, and that normally the Sandile that were present at the resort were friendly. It was until the Sandile with the sunglasses showed up that the others decided to act as it did. At the end of the day, it appears the Sandile with the sunglasses abandons its "friends;" the hot sand spring that the other Sandile used to bathe in was replaced by a hot water spring.

As we all know, Sandile hate water so Dan and his father can rest easy now.

Overall, this episode's plotline fits the definition of a "filler," but the characters involved in the episode hold weight on future events.

I lol'd when Ash stripped down to his trunks in the name of reaserch. He got everything off and nicely folded in a matter of seconds too! His mother must have taught him well :')

I lol'd when Ash stripped down to his trunks in the name of reaserch. He got everything off and nicely folded in a matter of seconds too! His mother must have taught him well :')

Well...in the future, this research will be handy, won't it?

Being a nudist is a nice thing, Ash...

Wait, WHAT?

But ugh, the amount of times Oshawott was said in this episode kinda...got on my nerves. Maybe I'll get used to it, but it got on my nerves personally (Probably because I don't like the name that much, so...it's not the acting)

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom