• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

EVERYONE: A Series of Rather Humorous Events

Jared DiCarlo

Grovyle Fan
Reaction score
A Series of Rather Humorous Events is an idea I've had in my head for a while. Basically the format is made up of a different story each chapter. The stories are not intended to be 100% accurate to established canon, as I'm going for a more humorous and non-sequitur tone here. Be warned; there are some instances of characters lapsing out of their regular personalities, but since this is non-canon, you should be able to excuse it.

Here's a preview of what you might see in the first few chapters:

• Meowth finds out that his voice is in a Brazilian DreamWorks knockoff
• Chaos at Oak's Laboratory!
• Misty goes to Anger Management

If you have any ideas, post them, because I just might use them!

Last edited:
Chapter 1: I Know That Voice

Meowth was browsing the Internet when he came across a clip entitled, "Worst Cartoon Ever!!!". Curious, he clicked on the link. What he saw was a cheap Brazilian knockoff of a popular DreamWorks movie. He was about to click away when he heard a character with a familiar voice in the video. The voice was his own.....

After the video was over, he called up the company who made it demanding to know why his voice was in it. Unfortunately, he could not understand the person on the other end because they had a thick Brazilian accent. So he hung up.

Another look at the video's credits revealed that his soundalike was voiced by someone named Maddie Blaustein.
"'Dat's my answer! We both have the same voice actress!" Meowth finally said. "Wait, I'm voiced by a woman?"

THE END

I told you the humor was random, didn't I? I promise the next chapter will be better.

Well ... before I start I think I'd better put a disclaimer that I might not have the best ear for comedy, or at least cracky comedy.

The problem is, I think, that it's too quick and scrappy for the joke to land. It reads like someone summarising a Monty Python skit. We don't see the half-hearted and artless knock-off; we don't hear the thick Brazilian accent; there's no build-up to the punchline that Maddie Blaustein is doing Brazilian voice work.

Chapter 2: Chaos at Oak's Lab!

Professor Oak sat on the couch watching his favorite soap opera, "The Snubbull and the Beautiful". Then, his phone rang.
"Someone always calls during my soap operas." Oak grumbled to no one in particular. "Yes, this is the Oak Laboratory, Professor Oak speaking. Why, if it isn't my cousin Samson from the Alolan region! What? You're coming over? I'd better get ready!" He hung up and started cleaning.
"Wait, I'll never get this place cleaned in time."
Then, he had an idea.
"I'm sure Ash won't mind if I borrow his Totodile to help clean my lab."
When Totodile appeared, Professor Oak had a job for him.
"Totodile, my cousin will be here in twenty minutes, so I want you to use Water Gun to clean these dirty floors."
"Toto!"
The Water Pokémon did as he was told, and in no time at all, Professor Oak's lab was sparkling clean.
"Nice work, Totodile! Return to your PokéBall."
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
"Hello?"
"Samuel! How nice it is to see you again! Wooooobbuffet!"
"Are you still doing those impressions?" Professor Oak asked.
"I've been doing them since I was Ninetails! HAW HAW HAW!"
"Very funny." Professor Oak said sarcastically. "Now that you're here, would you like to see my lab?"
Samson got excited and started jumping up and down like an Oddish.
"Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy! I wanna see your lab!"
Samson was so excited that he accidentally knocked over a vial of Muk's Poison Gas. The smell permeated the whole room.
"Nooooo! I've spent my whole life trying to get Poison Gas into a jar, and now you've ruined it!"
"Sorry, 'cuz. I don't know what came over Meeeeeowth!"
"Okay, that's it! Take your lame impressions somewhere else!"
Samson sadly walked out of the lab, but his cousin felt bad.
"Come back! I didn't mean to yell at you like that. You can stay here as long as you want."
"You really mean it, 'cuz? Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!" Samson started jumping up and down again.
"In the meantime, I'm going to go back and finish watching my story."
"Can I watch too?"
"Sure, why not."
"Don'tcha mean Wynaut?"
*Professor Oak face palms*
Just then Samson's attention turned to a blinking red button.
"Ooooooo, what does this button do?"
"Don't push that button! It's very dangerous!"
But it was too late.
The button he pushed was the "Release all the Pokémon" button.
All the Pokémon in Professor Oak's lab came out of their balls and began wreaking havoc!
Heracross started sucking on numerous containers of rare diseases.
Bulbasaur used Vine Whip to knock everything off the shelves.
Snorlax sat down on the couch next to the Professor and sent him flying.
Kingler's claws cut through the plug for the TV.
Muk slithered over to Professor Oak and molested, I mean, hugged him.

When it was all over, the lab was unrecognizable. Broken glass lay everywhere, and disgusting fluids stained the floor.
Worst of all...the TV was unplugged!
"Sorry about that, Sammy. I didn't mean it!"
Professor Oak sighed. "What am I going to do with you?"

But in the end, the two cousins made up and everything turned out alright.

(Except for Heracross, who was sent to the Pokémon Center after contracting numerous rare diseases)

THE END

Author's note: Professor Oak's soap opera obsession came from a stupid joke that 4Kids added to "Don't Touch That 'dile!" I figured I would just run with that and milk it for all it's worth. Expect to see this joke again when Oak shows up in future chapters.

DreamWorks movie.
Does Dreamworks exist in the Pokemon World?

"The Snubbull and the Beautiful".
This refrence might be a bit more funny if I understood where it came from?

"Nooooo! I've spent my whole life trying to get Poison Gas into a jar, and now you've ruined it!"
"Sorry, 'cuz. I don't know what came over Meeeeeowth!"
"Okay, that's it! Take your lame impressions somewhere else!"
Samson sadly walked out of the lab, but his cousin felt bad.
The structure here is a bit confusing, the format of the speech is incorrect and the style isn't really matching for a prose style story, perhaps it's more the style of a script fic?

*Professor Oak face palms*
Again, a prose fic shouldn't have actions written like this, in fact not even a script fic would have these. You should have described the action here instead of simply giving a summary.

Muk slithered over to Professor Oak and molested, I mean, hugged him.

When it was all over, the lab was unrecognizable. Broken glass lay everywhere, and disgusting fluids stained the floor.
Worst of all...the TV was unplugged!
It's a little unclear what happend here, then the simplicity of it doesn't add much the to the humor because the reader finds it hard to picture the scene.

I think the simplicity of the style here hurts the writing, I think it'll be better if you wrote it as some kind of script style fic rather than prose because it doesn't really work that well.
I agree with Beth that it's rather quick, and too quick for anything to be too funny, work on the timing of the jokes and work through the scenes themselves more slowly.

Does Dreamworks exist in the Pokemon World?

This refrence might be a bit more funny if I understood where it came from?

The structure here is a bit confusing, the format of the speech is incorrect and the style isn't really matching for a prose style story, perhaps it's more the style of a script fic?

Again, a prose fic shouldn't have actions written like this, in fact not even a script fic would have these. You should have described the action here instead of simply giving a summary.

It's a little unclear what happend here, then the simplicity of it doesn't add much the to the humor because the reader finds it hard to picture the scene.

I think the simplicity of the style here hurts the writing, I think it'll be better if you wrote it as some kind of script style fic rather than prose because it doesn't really work that well.
I agree with Beth that it's rather quick, and too quick for anything to be too funny, work on the timing of the jokes and work through the scenes themselves more slowly.

I can totally see where your criticisms are coming from. I apologize for all of it, because I'm not very good at writing full-length stories. Also, I try to avoid script fics because those are usually pretty poorly written.

As for the DreamWorks thing, it's a reference to a Brazilian company called Video Brinquedo, who makes videos that rip off Pixar and DreamWorks. The English dubs for their videos feature a lot of 4Kids actors, including the late Maddie Blaustein, who, as we all know, also provided the voice of good old Meowth.

Anyways, on to the next chapter!

Chapter 3: Anger Management

After an unfortunate incident involving Brock and some Pineco, Misty was told by her peers that she needed to control her anger.

Eventually, Ash took her to the Vermillion City Gym, which also holds Anger Management meetings whenever Lieutenant Surge is off on vacation.

The instructor introduced himself to everyone. "Hello, everyone, thanks for coming. My name is Cilan, and I'm here to help control your anger. But enough about me, it's Anger Management Time!"
First he went over to talk to Misty.
"What's your name, and what are you here for, young lady?" Cilan asked.
"My name is Misty. I'm here because I got so mad that I made my friend blow himself up with several Pineco."
"That's.....disturbing."
Without saying another word, he moved on to his next patient; Jessie, from Team Rocket.
"I'm Jessie, and I'm here for yelling at my Wobbuffet one too many times."
"What's wrong with that?"
"It sent him into a deep depression."
"I see. Onto my next patient."
Next up was Morrison, from the Hoenn Region.
"You don't look angry. Why are you here?"
Morrison muttered under his breath, and pulled out a large rice ball.
"See this sandwich? A Munchlax took a big bite out of it and I threatened to pummel him."
Cilan was confused. "What sandwich? That's a rice ball!"
"IT MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT A RICE BALL!" Morrison shouted.
"Wow, you really need help. Now that I'm done interviewing you three, let's talk about how you can control yourselves. But we'll have to wait until after a word from our sponsors."

Note: I had to split Chapter 3 in two parts because I'm kinda burned out at the moment.

Chapter 3 continues!

"We're back!" Cilan announced.
"We didn't go anywhere." Jessie stated the obvious.
"If you'll have a look at my plate here, there is only one piece of bread. Only one of you three can have it. That person is... Morrison!"
"Awright!" Morrison said.
"No fair!" protested Jessie. "I should have gotten that piece of bread!"
"You? What about me? I deserve it more than you, you old fart!" Misty whined.
"You don't scare me, little girl."
"If I still had my Togepi, I would shove him right up your-"
Cilan interrupted, "Alright, break it up, you two. This behavior is exactly why you're here. If you don't improve, I shall not be inviting you back, and you'll have to fix it yourselves. Why can't you be like Morrison over there? He didn't complain one bit when I gave him the bread. And he stayed quiet when you two had your little 'episode.' In fact, you can leave now, Morrison. I don't need to help you anymore."
"Bitchin'!" Morrison said as he ran out of the building.
That left Jessie and Misty.
"Since there's only two of you left, I want you to discuss your problems with each other."
But neither Jessie nor Misty wanted to.
"I would rather get arrested than share my feelings with you!" Jessie shouted.
Misty countered back, "Oh yeah? Well I'd rather get kissed by Brock than share my feelings with you!"
"I don't know who you are anymore!" Cilan screamed at his patients as they continued bickering. Eventually Cilan gave up and left the building.

To be continued.....in a later chapter.....

Last edited:
A preview of the next few chapters:

•Team Rocket finds a Jirachi, which they use to cause trouble
•Brock is introduced to the concept of AMV's
•The Anger Management saga continues

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom