• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: A short lesson learned from PMD 2

jasonwolf

Semper Vigilus
Reaction score
I staggered as I saw the world glow then fade. It was time. With the deed done and the world saved I had no place in it. My existence would cease, for I had destroyed what had made me. I collapsed falling to my hands and knees. I was week and could barely move. Everything was growing distant. My friend and partner Amperage turned back to see me on the ground breathing hard and slow.

“Jercio! What’s wrong?” He shouted rushing to my side.

“heh… nothing everything is just fine.” I said looking up to him.

“No, it’s not alright. You look terrible. What is wrong!?” Amperage said trying to help me to my feet.

“Amp!” I shouted and he backed off, “Everything is fine, but now because it is so I must leave. Don’t you dare think this is the end though. You’ll see time, darkness, and space cannot keep us apart. Time will tell, darkness will be enlightened, and space filled. I will find my way back, but for now I must say goodbye. I am dying so you may live on. Let them know that the world we live in does not define us, but that we define it. When all is said and done I will meet you beyond the horizon. Keep the team going.” I said then stood up using the last bits of my strength.

I felt a light surround me and my being began to fade. My physical form was gone. I was consumed by the light. Then it too began to fade until all that was left was Amperage alone. He collapsed seeing me gone, but my spirit was still there. I swore I’d never leave him, and so I gave him the strength to carry on and return home. He made sure to spread my message.

There are many terrible things that happen in life, and many can’t be prevented, but those that can and those that have happened can only be stopped through action. This doesn’t mean fighting or war. It means that standing by will get you nowhere, and it doesn’t matter if it’s hard. It doesn’t matter the cost. What matters is that in the end you’re actions define you and your world. I was willing to give it all as were my friends and by doing so we saved many more. Had I stood aside the world would be consumed in darkness, time would halt, and space would be empty.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This mini fiction is based on the need for activism in our world. Nothing will ever change unless we act. So many people think because they grew up in a bad neighborhood they should just go along with that, and become like the people in that neighborhood, but no. It’s only bad because you let it be. If one person was willing to stand up and admit this was wrong then changes because of it then the possibilities are endless.

We often overlook the deep lessons in video games. To a majority of us they are simply toys, but if we just stopped and looked deeper, we could learn so much. I’ve been playing pokemon since I was two, and it is a cornerstone of my life. It taught me every living thing deserves respect, that everyone has the right to their dreams, and that we can each be a hero just by using our talents.

I ask if only for a brief moment that you stop and ask yourself what you could do to help the world. Then think of how to help your community, your school, your friends, and finally your family. Now act on it.

The Horizon, the place where the sun and earth meet. To me the horizon is a symbol for all the things just out of reach. A place where we strive to go, but can never reach. It is also the name of the PMD team that this mini-fiction is based on. I know I will never make it to the horizon, but I will go as far as I can, and then help the next brave soul along on their travels.

I thank you for reading this, and I’m sorry if you were disappointed. I wrote this based on my own feelings about the direction the world is headed. If you disagree with my opinion good for you. Never let anyone sway your thoughts. I will hold steadfast in mine, and you should do the same for yours.

Last edited:
You made an excellent point and I love the way you put it. Pokémon games are, always were and always will be all about reaching your goals, fulfilling your dreams and never giving up on the road towards accomplishing your dreams. It's quite simple and yet at the same time it's the type of idea that more people nowadays should follow and which they sadly don't. The Mystery Dungeon game endings were quite emotional for me so I personally feel like your literary adaptation of that specific scene was intriguing and marvelously written!

Good job! ;)

You made an excellent point and I love the way you put it. Pokémon games are, always were and always will be all about reaching your goals, fulfilling your dreams and never giving up on the road towards accomplishing your dreams. It's quite simple and yet at the same time it's the type of idea that more people nowadays should follow and which they sadly don't. The Mystery Dungeon game endings were quite emotional for me so I personally feel like your literary adaptation of that specific scene was intriguing and marvelously written!

Good job! ;)

You're so right. I still remember the time I finished PMD 2. It was emotional to say the least, and the lesson that should have been learned... was substantial.
But I guess nobody ever looks at it that way.

This was short and sweet, and I'm glad you posted it.

I loved the story but you kinda had to play PMD to know what was happening, which is sill pretty cool. So he died right? :c

well in the actual PMD 2 (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2: explores of time, darknes, sky) (I have sky and darkness) game you are erased from time and space after beating dialga. As I put it to some other people, "you aren't dead. you are gone. everything is simply removed from time."

I'd also like to poit out that Jercio (Jer-shi-o) is a riolu and Amperage (amp-er-age) is a shinx. this was my sky team, team horizon.

I am highly appreciative of the positive replies I'm getting on this. I wrote this in just a fourty minute session where I was just kind of letting out my anger at the world. I wrote this sort of to spite all the horrible stuff that goes on. So often the whole general idea about gamers like us is that we are lazy guys who don't do anything besides stare at a computer ro tv screen all day trying to get a new high score, but its so wrong. The network of gamers out there really is a community that if we, and we do, work together we could do so much for the world. I mena look at us here. This website may be forums for pokemon, but look at all the different people here. I spend so much time in the RP section that I've made some real friends, who I will probably never get to meet irl, but I know them better then some kids at my own school.

funniest thing about this little story of mine, it was based off a youtube comment. I was looking at a PMD2 remix of the dialga battle music, and saw someones top comment. it was something like this, but way shorter and maybe a bit less structured, but still worthy. I decided to make my own commet which was Jercio's main lines. When that ended up a top comment I was shocked. I just felt like it meant somethign to people. it seemed like people for once cared about something a little more important. I'm happy I wrote this, and decided to post it. My original fan fic never got any real recognition. Yet this little story is touching quite a few people.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom