• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Special Message from Barry...

JamieMcG

Reaction score
Hi guys!

My name is Jamie and I'm the voice of Barry in Pokemon right now and firstly I want to say thanks for all the kind things many of you have said to me in person or online. I'm having a BLAST playing Barry!

Secondly, for those of you who don't know, tomorrow is World AIDS Day. I do a lot of work within the HIV/AIDS Community as well as for Equality for all Americans and I wanted to share a little something I've been working on with New York Speaker of the City Council, Christine Quinn.

It's called "I Talk Because" and we're taping and encouraging others to tape their own messages about why they feel they should continue to talk about HIV/AIDS.

Here's a link to my video and one to the main I Talk Because channel on Youtube. (I hope I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this!!!)

Either way, thanks again for all your support and I look forward to hearing more from you!

Love, Jamie

My video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsRiF6Vo4ys

The I Talk Because Channel
http://www.youtube.com/italkbecause

good evening sir Thunder how have you been, nice videos on youtube as well, your right the word should be spread^^

Hello there and welcome to Bulbagarden. Barry is one of my all time favorite characters in the games and anime and it's great to have his English voice actor here.

I moved your thread to a more fitting place though, since this isn't discussion of anything about the anime itself. Good luck with this project, hopefully you guys will manage to spread the word around and raise awareness.

For the record....the staff have done a little background checking, and we're fairly certain this is indeed Jamie McGonnigal.

So...Welcome Jamie. =)

Kewl. I was wondering about it when I first saw this thread. o_O

Barry's a flippin' riot, in both the games and the anime.:lol: I wish...

that he would have appeared in the Team Galactic finale, that woulda been somethin' else.

I appreciate your efforts. As long as people continue to talk about this disease and search for a cure (or at least a way to prevent it from infecting others), we may eventually eradicate this menace.

Wow, it's nice to have a celebrity here, and it's the voice of one of my favorite characters as well. Welcome to the boards. I haven't been this awestruck since one of my friends got the voice of Goku in one of our AIM chats, and he turned out to be a pretty decent guy as well.

Also, I'll be sure to do my part to fight AIDS/HIV, even though it feels like Cancer is the new AIDS/HIV, this is still an important disease to fight.

Hey awesome!!! Barry is one of my favorite characters you do a great job playing him ^_^

Oh my god, I seriously smiled when I saw this. :D

Barry's like one of my favorite characters EVER, and I flipping love the voice you give him. It's awesome that you're actually here on Bulbagarden. :D

And I'm going to check out that YouTube channel and video right now.

Thanks everyone for your kind responses. Yes it's really me...I know it's hard to confirm when someone says they are someone they might not be, but I promise it's really me...

And my ego is exploding a little being called "a celebrity," but I'm really glad to be in a place where I can speak to you guys about things like this that I think are really important. It's been a rough week with some personal issues going on and the NY Senate deciding that all New Yorkers are apparently not equal...anyway...it was nice to stop back in and see all the supportive responses!

Hope you're all having a lovely holiday season and enjoying some of this snow (if you're on the East Coast)! I'm a big fan of Christmas, so I'm welcoming the weather!

Love,

Jamie

Hey everyone!

Wanted to wish everyone who celebrates it, A Very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

I also wanted to clarify something as I believe there was a little something lost in translation. I've been reading around the internet that some people assumed I am HIV+ or have AIDS. I just wanted to let you know that thankfully, I am HIV- and do not have AIDS. As of my last test in November, I'm as healthy as can be expected.

My work in the AIDS community means that I have a lot of friends and loved ones who are infected, and because of them, I do everything I can to prevent getting infected and encourage others to do the same!

So there it is - just wanted to let you know!

Love, Jamie

Jamie if you are who you say you are can you get Emily Jenness on here?

Jamie?!

You're an inspiration to me with both your work as an actor and for what you do outside of acting. You're such a good person. <3

Your hard work is loved and appreciated~

Barry - thank you so much! It's very sweet of you to say!

Dawn - I am who I say I am but I'm afraid I don't know who Emily Jenness is. We work alone in the booth and so it's rare that we have the chance to meet other voice actors. We only really hang out when we're at conventions and such and a lot of actors just don't do the convention circuit really.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!!!

Back
Top Bottom