• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Summer in Hoenn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karisse

Makin' a flyby
Reaction score
16-year-old Kyle awoke at precisely 7 AM, with the help of his alarm clock of course. He got up and hopped in the shower right away. When he came out of the shower, he put on his black pants and yellow short-sleeve shirt, the latter of which featured a single chest pocket. Then, he combed his dyed yellow hair into a style similar to that of Nimbasa City’s Gym Leader, Elesa. This was his usual attire, mind you; he’s a bit of a fanboy. He stepped out of the bathroom and put on his yellow running shoes. He put his music player in his chest pocket, and grabbed his backpack. He made sure it was full of essential supplies; specifically, berries and water. It was all he had access to, since he was technically not a Trainer yet. He picked up the single Pokéball sitting on his night stand, which contained his companion, a Blitzle.

”Today’s the day,” he said. His voice had a slightly feminine tone to it. He headed downstairs for breakfast.

His house was a small two-story building in the rural town of Littleroot. Though, he didn’t always live here; his family moved from Castelia City in the far-off Unova region. A city boy at heart, he didn’t like the idea one bit, and sees little reason not to hate this small town that doesn’t have a single store. But today, he would embark on an adventure, and hopefully, he would eventually earn enough money to move back to his hometown when he becomes old enough. The only foreseeable problem is that he might not be able to stop himself from spending a fair amount of that money on shopping sprees.

Edit: (Yes! First post!)

Rin stopped briefly to look behind her. She could see the rising sun in the distance painting the sky with a kaleidoscope of yellows and reds. “Did I leave too early perhaps? ~Nyah~ Well, guess not, but I’m more of a night owl though. Besides, Littleroot is only about 20 minutes from my (comfy) house in Petalburg. Still, you never know. Something might actually happen on this boring trip.” she thought as she wiped sweat from her face with a handkerchief. Having past the fairly average town of Oldale, with nothing of interest there, Rin was hoping that Littleroot at least had some sights to see, or even better… a place to take a cat nap maybe.
Upon walking farther in the afternoon heat, Rin spotted what looked like a outpost ahead, with a sign a couple of feet away from her. It read: “Littleroot Town Limits”. “My eye sight must be failing me. They call THAT a town? With 2 houses and one building..? Geez, weird country folk.” Rin thought disappointedly. She decided to make her time in this town short. As she entered the town gate, she saw something that made her raise an eyebrow in curiosity. Only two modest houses, and one medium-sized building in the center. There were several people walking around outside the three buildings, which lead Rin to wonder where they had to sleep at night. “Maybe this town has a homeless problem. It must with so few houses. Or maybe they all cram randomly into one of the houses, hoping there is enough room? Meh, who cares. Supposed to just walk in here and get out.” she thought.

Upon walking up the white building, she noticed a wooden sign sitting in front of it, that read “Professor Bich’s Lab”. She noticed quickly that the letter “r” in “Birch” was too faded to notice, and got a slight chuckle at the result. After concluding that no one was watching, she quickly pulled out her handkerchief, and started wiping away the marker on the sign. The new sign read “Pro Bich’s Lab”. “Heehee.” she chuckled with a smirk. After giggling for a few minutes, she finally knocked on the door. A tall man in a lab coat answered. “You rang?” he asked. Struggling to keep herself from giggling too much, she answered “Y-yeah… *snicker* I was looking for Pro Bi- I mean, Professor Birch. Is he in today?” Looking at her with an eyebrow raised, the man said “He hasn’t shown up yet. I’d venture he’s still asleep. He was up all night on a routine field study on Bug Pokemon.” Rin was somewhat disappointed at this revelation, seeing how she wore her best dress for nothing. “Okay, thank you mister!” she replied in the most innocent tone she could use. The man closed the door without replying, leaving Rin to debate on what to do to kill some time. She decided to take a look at the other houses for a second. Both had signs outside of them as well. “What kind of person puts a sign in front of their house saying who lives there?” This town was incredibly boring to a city girl, used to more houses and people. Instead, she chose to occupy herself with something else.

She quickly plucked the signs in front of the houses, Lab, and the center of the town. She rearranged them stealthily, in hopes of throwing other visitors off. The laboratory’s sign was replaced with one that read “Kyle’s House”. The house that came from was now “Professor Birch’s house”. Said house was now “Littleroot Town, a town that can’t be shaded any hue.” Lastly, she placed the sign that now read “Pro Bich’s Lab” outside the town’s gates so everyone could see her work. She smiled an evil smile, before sitting down in the center of town and relaxing. Nyah, I’m a smooth criminal.” She thought. So now all she could do was wait. Looking around, she noticed someone standing outside of one of the houses, staring at her. Rin felt a sweat drop as she concluded that this person had witnessed her prank. “…crap.”

Kai woke up much earlier than usual, that day. Not only was he finally starting his Pokémon journey, but he also had a boat to take from Dewford Island to Littleroot Town, where he would receive a Pokédex from professor Birch in person. He finished dressing up, his attire consisting of a bright purple polo, grey jeans and white sneakers, completed by a yellow cap with a black Pokéball logo and dark yellow glasses. He barged in the kitchen and quickly bid farewell to his mom, his dad being busy with the egg farm.

“I’ll miss you, mom.” Kai said, with a slightly sad tone, despite the excitement he felt at the idea of exploring Hoenn.

“Me too, sweetie.” She replied, as a tear fell down of her eye. “Please take care of yourself.”

“Of course,” Kai said.

He got out of the house and started walking toward the dock and the boat that would bring him to Littleroot town. He released Delia, his Roselia, from her Pokéball, who started walking alongside him.

“Can you believe it, Delia? We’re finally starting our journey!” Kai said.

She nodded in agreement, with a huge grin on her face. They simultaneously started to run down the hill where Kai’s house is located and didn’t stop until they were facing the boat. Kai handed his ticket and got on, but a guard stopped him. “No Pokémon aboard unless they’re in a Pokéball,” he said.

“What? Come on... oh, fine,” Kai replied, as he disappointedly returned Delia to her Pokéball. “Can I go now?” he asked.

“Yes, enjoy your trip.” The guard replied.

“Thanks,” Kai said as he started walking toward the front of the boat, where there is no guards, and released Delia.

“What did you think, I wouldn’t let you miss this.” Kai said, then turned his attention back to the sea between Dewford and Littleroot, a huge smile on his face. Delia laid down on the floor and started sunbathing. After a while, he noticed something that looked like land on the horizon.

Jecca Conker was pacing on the boat in small circles, her sandals flopping slightly. Her shorts and her old blue tank top ft nicely for once and she was seeming to peer into the waves on the water. Her hair was slightly blowing in the wind, and her kept on playing with the ponytail that was holding it together. The small coin on her chest was strangely still.

Hmm Jecca thought, as she traveled in her little circle, The people in Hoenn better be nicer and more accepting than in Unova. Gods I hate it there. The cites were nice though.

She looked around, and decided to let out her first Pokemon.

Stripes came out and started to look at the water himself, staying still.

"Well, here's Oldale Town," Eric told his Seedot, Coco. They had travelled all the way from Verdanturf so that he could train against weaker Pokemon, his Seedot being on a rather low level. Eric had on a blue shirt and white shorts. The sun wasn't too bright so he wore his sunglasses on the top of his head.

"It's kind of small, but I've heard Littleroot is even smaller. Oh well, I'm sure that means there will be lots of scenery," Eric commented. He set Coco down so he could stretch his legs a bit.

Last edited:
Due to the gentle rocking motion of the boat, it was hard for Andrew Coyot to stay awake. After about 15 minutes of determination, the young man finally managed to sit up. He yawned and stretched, rubbing his eyes afterwards. He then stood up and went into the bathroom, where he took a quick shower. After that, he got dressed in his usual attire, which consisted of a black T-shirt and a pair of jeans. On top of his shirt he had on a Navy hoodie, and he had black army boots, which matched perfectly with his shirt. He clipped on his pokéball belt, which consisted of 6 Pokéballs, only one of which was occupied by his Sneasel: Hyper. Drew exited the small room and walked towards the ship's deck, where he sat down against the handrails, giving him a panoramic view of the ocean. And the handrails in the opposite side of the boat.

Luna stood outside on the ship's deck. Her jet black hair danced in the wind. A hot pink streak was in amongst the wave of black. Her hetrochromatic eyes blinked as she looked at the ocean. She looked at her Luxury Ball, which contained her starter: A white Vulpix named Winter.

"We're almost there, girl..." she whispered to herself. She then turned to walk back to her room when a young man caught her eye. She just stood there, as if she fell in love at first sight. She examined the boy before quickly walking away. She was too nervous to even engage in a conversation.

Kyle stepped outside after finishing his breakfast, and noticed a girl over near the professor's lab.

A girl? he thought, Is she here for a Pokédex, too?

He took a few steps toward her when he noticed the sign outside his house was different.

"Wait a sec," he muttered, "Professor Birch doesn't...hmm..."

Curious, he began walking toward the girl.

"Ugh... great." Rin thought to herself. This wasn't her idea of a first impression. Looking around she noticed that the other townspeople didn't have the faintest idea of what went on. "They're like stupid NPCs or something!" she muttered.
As the boy drew near to her, she quickly asked "Y-yes? Something you need?" in her most innocent tone possible.

"Well, I was coming over to get my Pokédex from Professor Birch," Kyle said, "Though now I'm curious as to why---"

He noticed the sign from his house, which was now located next to the lab.

"...well, this is interesting. Do you have any idea why the signs have been swapped?"

"Someone swapped them for personal laughs, and to throw some people off that visit here." she answered blissfully. She wasn't one for directly lying. It didn't take her long to realize that this boy wasn't a native to this town. He didn't look like your typical Hoenn boy. Still, she had to change the topic before she was busted. She figured this should be fairly easy, as boys were typically easy to trick. "So, you are...?"

"Me? My name is Kyle," Kyle explained, "And who do I have the pleasure of meeting?"

"I'm Rin. ~Nyah~ Meeting me is the greatest pleasure you'll have little boy." she teased, sticking her tongue out. "But you're here for a Pokedex too I see? Well, I suppose having someone to talk to will kill time. By the way, you don't look like a native to this region. Where did you move from?" she inquired. Having only been in this region as far back as her memory would go, she was always curious about the outside world.

This girl is kinda cute, Kyle thought, I doubt she's into me, though.

"I'm actually from Unova," he sighed, "My family moved here a couple years ago, and...well, I had no say in the matter. But I will say that the only thing I even remotely like about this puny little town is the fresh air. It's a nice change from city haze..."

Eep. Hope I didn't just make a fan out of someone. On the other hand, this could be worth a cheap laugh.
"Unova, huh? What's that place like? Although I'm more of a city girl than a country one, I'm still curious about other regions." she asked, reaching for her handkerchief, about to throw it in Kyle's walking path.

"Well, I used to live in the biggest city in the region, Castelia City," Kyle explained, "It had pretty much everything. Skyscrapers, about five different boat docks, luxury cruise ships..."

Genuinely envious at this point of someone able to remember their time in another region, Rin quickly stuffed her handkerchief back into her pocket to continue talking. "My parents have said that Kanto had some sights to see too. Probably not as good though. I know Kanto is home to the Pokemon Tower, where Pokemon are laid to rest. The S.S. Anne, a world-famous cruise ship. Some other things as well. But... now you have me curious about the Unova region." Rin replied.

"Well I think we've had enough of Oldale town. There's really nothing here. Maybe we should head to Littleroot. I heard there's a guy there who gives people Pokedex's for free. That could be useful," Eric said to Coco. He picked up his Seedot and headed down route 101 toward the even smaller town.

"Well, with any luck, maybe you could visit there someday," Kyle said, giving a slight smile. He looked toward the town's gate.

"I wonder if anyone else is on their way over here..."

"Finally," Kai said as the boat arrived at Littleroot's shore. It was a relatively small boat, so it didn't need a dock. "About time, too." he thought as he returned Delia to her Pokéball. He climbed over the handrails and jumped on the beach, then looked at Littleroot town, not too far away. He started walking toward it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom