• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A Theory about the anime...

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
I was on Bulbapedia looking at the page about the Pokemon Adventures Manga when I noticed a line. It got me to think. To quote: "Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri has endorsed the series, stating 'This is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey.'"

What did Satoshi mean? Did he want each region to have it's own protagonist in the show?

He means the atmoshpere in the adventures, I believe. Compared to the anime, the wild world is more dangerous with safety-treating Pokémon and also people who are up to no good are after things that are bigger. I read only the Kanto part of the manga so far, but some dark stuff goes on there. I won't give spoilers but to say the least, the protagonist goes missing for a while and there are some who go after to find him being frozen for a good amount of time. Anime or games are, compared to Adventures manga, softer and less edgy. I think that's what he means by that.

There is also the fact that in the beginning, the pocket monters were much bigger and larger in mind. But the idea of people training, taming and controlling them, so all of them being smaller than the original concept/idea made it work better.

Or if we're being literal, he was just comparing it to the other Pokemon manga, and there weren't that many at the time.

I think you're mixing up Satoshi Tajiri and Takeshi Shudo, the former had almost nothing to do with the anime.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure about what Tajiri was talking since the anime and the Adventures manga don't have many pronounced differences (at least at the point I'm in, which is 1/4 of the RS arc), the main ones being:
1. The protagonists usually travel alone.
2. The evil teams have a much bigger role.
3. Battles are based on surprising strategies rather than on continuous punches.
4. Pokémon feel more animalistic and are more battle-focused, which based on the development of the first games leads me to believe this is the point Tajiri's talking about.

I think you're mixing up Satoshi Tajiri and Takeshi Shudo, the former had almost nothing to do with the anime.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure about what Tajiri was talking since the anime and the Adventures manga don't have many pronounced differences (at least at the point I'm in, which is 1/4 of the RS arc), the main ones being:
1. The protagonists usually travel alone.
2. The evil teams have a much bigger role.
3. Battles are based on surprising strategies rather than on continuous punches.
4. Pokémon feel more animalistic and are more battle-focused, which based on the development of the first games leads me to believe this is the point Tajiri's talking about.
That makes sense. Of course, there's nothing wrong with how the anime portrays Pokemon. Also, do the Protagonists of the manga really travel alone? So the manga is about them entirely?

That makes sense. Of course, there's nothing wrong with how the anime portrays Pokemon. Also, do the Protagonists of the manga really travel alone? So the manga is about them entirely?

The first four chapters (RGB, Yellow, GSC, RS) had the protagonists travelling alone for most of the time, only joining up at times throughout the chapter or near the end for one big final fight.

For the fifth chapter (FRLG), Red, Green (Blue), and Blue (Green) were together most of the time; with Yellow and Silver joining in partway through.

The sixth chapter (Emerald) went back to the status quo, but all the protagonists did join back together again for one big final fight.

However, after that the protagonists usually stick together throughout their journeys. In fact, the seventh chapter (DP) made it a big deal the first time Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum had to split up and go alone. Only the ninth chapter (HGSS) had the main protagonists going alone for most of their journeys, the rest (Platinum, BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS, SM/USUM, SwSh) featured protagonists who stuck together and only separating during parts of their journey.

The first four chapters (RGB, Yellow, GSC, RS) had the protagonists travelling alone for most of the time, only joining up at times throughout the chapter or near the end for one big final fight.

For the fifth chapter (FRLG), Red, Green (Blue), and Blue (Green) were together most of the time; with Yellow and Silver joining in partway through.

The sixth chapter (Emerald) went back to the status quo, but all the protagonists did join back together again for one big final fight.

However, after that the protagonists usually stick together throughout their journeys. In fact, the seventh chapter (DP) made it a big deal the first time Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum had to split up and go alone. Only the ninth chapter (HGSS) had the main protagonists going alone for most of their journeys, the rest (Platinum, BW, B2W2, XY, ORAS, SM/USUM, SwSh) featured protagonists who stuck together and only separating during parts of their journey.
I don't read the manga, so this is helpful in answering my question. Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom