• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A thought that crossed my mind.

Megaron

The Groomer
Reaction score
(Might be in the wrong thread or whatever.)
I've always thought that it's a shame that you only get one Master Ball per game, and most of the time I can't decide who to use it on. Well, I had an idea.
I'll save my Pearl's Master Ball. Then, when HG/SS comes out, I'll give the Master Ball to a Pokémon I was planning to trade to SS anyway, and tadah, I'll have two Master Balls. But I'll save SS's Master Ball too, and trade both of them to the next game that comes out, and so on, until there's no more backwards compatibility. That way I'll have quite a few Master Balls.
Smart, aye? *shot*

Good idea.. Palkia is so easy to catch in Pearl and it's a shame you only get one per game. I might try that.

That's a pretty good idea, especially for games that have a lot of wandering Pokes (Platinum and HG/SS).

I can assure you this is not an original idea. People have been saving their Master Ball and trading them to other games for as long as Pokémon have been able to hold items.

Awwww, I thought I was the first one to think that up D: Ah well.

You dont need master balls anyway. Just get a pokemon with mean look or an ability like arena trap. It is not impossible to catch a legendary pokemon with an ordinary pokeball. I caught a Zapdos in Fire red with one. (of course, I did try all the ultra balls and great balls I had. Didn't have too many)

People clone there masterballs in g/s or other games you can and trade them to newer games. Or get the masterball, trade it up reset and keep doin that, a lot of work but it may be worth it for some people. I use mine on the main ledgendary of the game and catch the rest on my own

I can assure you this is not an original idea. People have been saving their Master Ball and trading them to other games for as long as Pokémon have been able to hold items.

^ QFT.

Plus it's so easy to catch the other legendary Pokemon with just Ultra Balls. I went through Platinum having my Master ball but decided to catch Zapdos with it because I just wanted to use it on something. There are other Pokeballs that work too but you need strategy or sometimes it's just luck.

Yeah, using the Emerald cloning glitch then transfering to DPPt is a way better way to get master balls. I use it, but I don't abuse the heck out of it (shards and heart scales on the other hand...) Using a master ball on everything would get boring fast. I still have two master balls left from the last time I transfered them to Platinum, and that was weeks ago.

I dont put a lot of thought on master balls, I just use them when I don't wanna bother spending too much time chasing some wandering legendary.

Part of the who gameplay aspect of Pokemon is trying to catch them anyway, so I don't see much benefit from saving balls over generations.

I'm sorry but isn't that what we all did with the GEN III? I'm sure i did, You can obtain the masterball on FireRED very quickly and then i can import it if i want.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom