• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A tough question

live forever or live a week as a superhero

• Total voters

minun1

Arceus has nothing on me
Reaction score
would you rather live for a week and be a superhero or live forever and be normal?

Live normally forever. I'd like to be able to observe the changes in society firsthand.

Assuming that you die after the week of being a super hero, I would choose neither. Living forever would be a terrible experience. Having to see your loved ones all die must be a terrible thing to experience.

Live normal life forever.
I'd use my immortality to save the world and I'd have huge amounts of wisdom and plenty of time to do my life goals which consist of making the world a better place.

Even though I'll have to watch people die I'm sure after so long I'd get used to it and with that amount of time living I'd probably find out how to time travel, teleport, make others immortal and bring back the dead (in a non-zombie way). So basically I would get the superhero aspects but it'd take a long time to get because I do think in the future all these things will be discovered.

I could be a superhero for a week, but I assume I'd become a super villain in no-time, muahaha! Until the superpowers wear off, I'd be living a normal life again and people would hunt me down for being an ***. X)

But really, what do you consider "normal life"? If there's plenty of time being normal, it wouldn't hurt to have a major change for one week. :p I didn't think it through completely - if I really had the power to save the world and did it, and people would love me for that (I'd have fans following me around? yuck!), then I might want just to live my normal life without super abilities at all; I'd just develop some during the natural self-development and no-one would know.
Anyway, forever is a long time, so wouldn't want to live forever, really. I want to live a long healthy life but not... well.. for all eternity. It would be boring when you realize there's nothing new to do anymore, you already experienced and know everything and all you can do is to watch how others are born, they live their lives and die...

The best super-power however is being able to be yourself honestly and without worrying about others - doesn't matter if you can be considered normal or not.

Last edited:
lord garchalf, I was not very clear when I said "superhero for a week". what I mean by that is you are a superhero for a week then you die.

Whoopsie, my bad. Can't always read between the lines. ;P

Well, that doesn't change my opinion. I'd rather fall honorably fighting or after a glorious fight than live forever. I'd really prefer the long-term plan with more challenges ahead but since there's no middle ground on this question/poll, I still think it would be boring to live forever. Considering the fact all that's dear to you won't last like it.

Last edited:
The latter, cuz living forever would be kind of cool. You'd get to see everything - including the heat death of the universe.

Now, if I choose to live forever, am I ageless, or will I be crippled, decrepit, wheelchair-bound? Because if that's the case, then just give me a Green Lantern Power Ring right now, and I'll go out in a blaze of chaos.

Live forever. The concept of my own death frightens me, so it's a no-brainer. Also, would I be able to survive anything, like Rampage in Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons?

Live forever. The concept of my own death frightens me, so it's a no-brainer. Also, would I be able to survive anything, like Rampage in Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons?

Would you really want to survive everything though? Like what if you fell in to a woodchipper, and had to live out the rest of eternity as an agonized puddle?

Would you really want to survive everything though? Like what if you fell in to a woodchipper, and had to live out the rest of eternity as an agonized puddle?

Well, Rampage seems to go back to normal.

Well, Rampage seems to go back to normal.

I don't think if you were suddenly gifted with infinite time, that it would follow the same mechanics as science fan-fiction. Remember, you're still perfectly normal, aside from living forever. That means no regenerative healing factor, no invulnerability, no respawns, no powers. I'm not saying those things wouldn't be pretty awesome, it's just not what minun1 stipulated in the original post.

I don't think if you were suddenly gifted with infinite time, that it would follow the same mechanics as science fan-fiction. Remember, you're still perfectly normal, aside from living forever. That means no regenerative healing factor, no invulnerability, no respawns, no powers. I'm not saying those things wouldn't be pretty awesome, it's just not what minun1 stipulated in the original post.

[opens console]
tgm
God Mode Enabled.

Now I am fully prepared.

[opens console]
tgm
God Mode Enabled.

Now I am fully prepared.

Gotta give it to you, that was clever. You win this round, Jimmy.

Living forever would be a superpower. I could endure any attack that could be thrown at me. Plus, living forever has been a sort of dream of mine. Science is advancing quickly, and technology that will allow you to reset your genes to live longer is being developed. Of course, you're not completely invulnerable, but at least your friends and family could potentially live for as long as you. Though I would have to suffer through the universe's eventual demise and recreation... or I could move to an alternate universe. Technology to do that would almost certainly exist at some point of my life.

I feel that I should be myself, hence live forever as a normal person. But remember The Secret World of Alex Mack? If I had her power, I would go with a week as a superhero. But since I don't have her power, it's life for me.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom