• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

a very small and very old pixel art experimenting on the concept of an underwater city in Pokemon.

Jerry1224

Reaction score
underwatercity.png

Was going for a Rapture-esque type of underwater city. Individual airtight buildings instead of a single large dome. Have not foud success The Buildings are meant to evoke the generic facade asset used in the original Bioshock game to represent buildings outside the game levels.

Also, I wish there were Overworld Sprites from Generation 5-8 that were done in DP/Kyle-Dove Style. That was what I was askingt for! This and proper city tilesets based on Rapture's art deco architecture.

Last edited:
Very nice! I love the idea of an underwater city! Also, those Luvdisc are adorable!

If Castelia City represents New York in the present day, this one would represent New York in the timefrme between the 1920's and 1950's. The Golden age of Art Deco. TBH, I see it as an in-between for the spectrum of architecture in the pokemon world modern/futuristic architecture on one end and the medieval/victorian architecture on the other end.

If only someone could do overworld sprites for Gen 6 and 8 pokemon in the Kyle-Dove style. I might make a request for it later on

If Castelia City represents New York in the present day, this one would represent New York in the timefrme between the 1920's and 1950's. The Golden age of Art Deco. TBH, I see it as an in-between for the spectrum of architecture in the pokemon world modern/futuristic architecture on one end and the medieval/victorian architecture on the other end
Ahhh I love love love Art Deco!

Back
Top Bottom