• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A virus in the forums?

Anser

Reaction score
I hope I'm posting this in the right place... If not, I'd thank the mods if they moved it.

The thing is: I've been getting a message from my antivirus, avast!, warning me that this forum represents a potential damage for my computer. Whenever I open the forums, it says "Malware blocked!". What's going on?

I hope I'm posting this in the right place... If not, I'd thank the mods if they moved it.

The thing is: I've been getting a message from my antivirus, avast!, warning me that this forum represents a potential damage for my computer. Whenever I open the forums, it says "Malware blocked!". What's going on?
Oh my glob, that just happened to me a few minutes ago. I have no idea why it happened, though, but I can tell you, you aren't the only one.

Whatever they are, Chrome doesn't like them very much. I can't even visit the site.
UVMbJ.png

I encountered a similar problem on the way to Bulbapedia a few minutes ago.

pediaattack.png

Why was this page blocked? said:
What is the current listing status for bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net?

- Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

What happened when Google visited this site?

- Of the 339 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-29, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.

- This site was hosted on 3 network(s) including AS14618 (AMAZON), AS36351 (SOFTLAYER), AS15169 (Google Internet Backbone).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

- Over the past 90 days, bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

- No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

- In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Updated 4 hours ago

We're working on it, but as you can see, Google is not giving us any clue as to what is it that's actually wrong.

Okay. I "proceeded at my own risk" and was just fine. I was able to view several articles with no virus attacks. So clearly Bulbapedia is safe. The question is, what is making Google doubt its security?

I get the message when I try going to Bulbapedia, but it's fine here. Think it could be issues with ads on the page, like Marriland's a few weeks ago was?

Yeah I can't get onto Bulbapedia or Bulbanews chrome doesn't have a "proceed at your own risk" option

Yeah I get the message too but I click the ignore message button in the lower right corner using FireFox and then when it moves to the top I click the thing that makes the banner go away XD. Very annoying. Started Yesterday XD.:)

The problem has resolved so Bulbapedia and Bulbanews are safe to view.

Actually not quite. I still got the message and the ad today. I just got here about a half hour or so ago and I still got it and had to bypass it yet again XD.:)

EDIT: Here is the message that I get when I visit the site: It also has a red background box on a grey background.

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

I have to keep clicking the ignore message then it goes to a red banner at the top and then when I click it to go away the ad pops up saying a bunch of crud XD.:)

EDIT: It is fixed now. Did not see anything today XD.:)

EDIT 2: Looks like it is not gone after all. I just got the message again XD.:(

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom