• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A way to reduce so much of the RNG was discovered.

Poke Dragon

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
A YouTuber by the name of AbdallahSmash026 found a way to reduce so much of the RNG regarding Research Tasks with something he calls "Touch Trading"

So, when you receive a Pokemon through trade in PLA, it will be counted as newly caught in the Research Tasks this also applies to any Pokemon you actually got back from the trade. This is also true with all of the tasks that have "specimens" in their names. The video title is a little misleading, but the method is explained so much better in the video.

Here's his video explaining it as well as all of the entries that would be useful to use this method on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xUDQZHJis&t=902s&ab_channel=AbdallahSmash026

A YouTuber by the name of AbdallahSmash026 found a way to reduce so much of the RNG regarding Research Tasks with something he calls "Touch Trading"

So, when you receive a Pokemon through trade in PLA, it will be counted as newly caught in the Research Tasks this also applies to any Pokemon you actually got back from the trade. This is also true with all of the tasks that have "specimens" in their names. The video title is a little misleading, but the method is explained so much better in the video.

Here's his video explaining it as well as all of the entries that would be useful to use this method on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1xUDQZHJis&t=902s&ab_channel=AbdallahSmash026
Not able to watch the video at the moment (and I avoid giving clicks to youtubers I’m not familiar with); is this him explaining how things actually work in the game? Or is this just some random dude speculating/spitballing on how he would have programmed the game?

Not able to watch the video at the moment (and I avoid giving clicks to youtubers I’m not familiar with); is this him explaining how things actually work in the game? Or is this just some random dude speculating/spitballing on how he would have programmed the game?
He explains how it works and even shows the method in the video. It's basically just the trading feature being the key to make it easier to fill out the research tasks for otherwise time-consuming Pokemon like Magnemite and Cherubi.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom