• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Bulbanews A Weekly Real-Life News Update

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
In light of the Japanese earthquake article, I thought that perhaps we should branch out a little in terms of news. I offered to aggregate a bunch of links to major world news stories once a week for Bulbanews readers' consumption. Is this a feature users would appreciate?

evkl

• Staff
It'd be a list of the top stories of the week--so, a link to a story or two each about what's driving news in America, Europe, Japan, and the rest of the world. It wouldn't be designed to supplant anyone's daily news consumption, just keep them up-to-date on the big issues if they missed something because they were too busy, say, playing Black and White.

Last edited:
I'm already getting TCG news stories pushed off the top stories within the day. I'm not about to let non Pokémon news doing it too. I find it unnecessary. We're a Pokémon news site, and we already have a hard enough time devoting time to get the news stories relevant to us out.

I agree with Nate there, non-Pokémon related news just seems out of the scope of Bulbanews, and we shouldn't try to be something we're not. The earthquake report was related to Pokémon in some way, so it was reported.

maybe a sticky in the "real life" forums would be better but yeah i log into a pokemon site for pokemon stuff & when i click on pokemon news i expect to see stuff about pokemon

i watch the news when i get up then listen to it in the car driving to work then all day on the radio in work then watch it again when i get in - pokemon is escapism for me & real news on here would take away from that

Evkl, I really think news round up would be a way to go eventually but stay with the Pokemon news-theme.

I think any Pokemon news, for exampe in Japan including any GameFreak Staff, Pokemon Sunday, Pokemon Centres and things of that nature should be covered. I have no idea where PUSA is located, but if anything ever happened in their area that would be good to know as well.

So in short: Stick with what we have, but add on to the Pokemon news that we have. Do NOT go worldwide unless it is completely Pokemon related. We don't want to turn into a certain website reporting everything.

Last edited:
I honestly disagree with the idea, we don't need to be a CNN/NYT/EFE/Reuters for everyone, we don't really need it; when one goes to Bulbanews, it's normally because of Pokémon news; why would I want to read about something completely unrelated in a Pokémon site I usually frequent? Not to mention that making the news articles is a bit hard to draft, polish and publish, I don't want to wonder how it would be with everyone working 24/7 to post news we could read in another news enterprise.

• Staff
I would be the only person doing the aggregation of world news, and it would be posted once a week in one collected article.

I'd have to agree here. I feel it would be catering for an audience we don't have, and aren't likely to get. Bulbanews is for Pokemon news. People that want real-world news will go to a real-world news site.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom