• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

A whole lotta sketches (and very little else)

Osprey

Nah, not possible.
Reaction score
Ey. So I woke up from a nap and figured, "What the heck, I've already got a ton of stuff, Wynaut share it?"
So yeah. I don't have a digital art program or a scanner, so everything you see here is pencil or something else traditional on paper, photographed by a smartphone. Apologies for the quality in advance.

... I'll just start by giving someone a decent idea of what goes on in my head.

KA9CIFg.jpg

2V8ht6f.jpg

IpI0dcy.jpg

62gm7sT.jpg

rLcM78C.jpg

For the Jirachi and T. Rex, did you use oil pastels? The colors on them are so vibrant.

Wow, these are great! I can't even pick a favorite! I really like the first one because I'm not very good at armor or scales, I love the mix of mature and adorable on the second one, and the way you drew the wings is gorgeous for the fourth one. I also love the colors for the third one (Kingdom Hearts reference!!) And the pallet for the last one. Overall, really great job!!
I'd also like to know what you used to color those two, I've been thinking about getting into pastels for coloring sketches.

For the Jirachi and T. Rex, did you use oil pastels? The colors on them are so vibrant.
I'd also like to know what you used to color those two, I've been thinking about getting into pastels for coloring sketches.
Everything that isn't a pencil sketch is colored with Prisma pencils, oil-based colored pencils. They're a bit more difficult to blend, and coloring large areas is an absolute pain, but they aren't as messy or imprecise as pastels. They're good for small, detailed things, which means they're ideal for me.

With enough time and care, they can make some really great stuff. One of my favorite projects is in oil pencil:

a1I5WNn.jpg

The one below has nothing to do with oil pencils, by the way. I just got bored one day, pulled up the Fire Emblem Awakening boxart, and made some adjustments.
ZpMpyNI.jpg

It worked sooo much better than what I'd expected.

It's been a while.

8V3kbKM.jpg

2StWyvO

FNJfH7x.jpg

NqcseQo.jpg

I need to make my pencil drawings a bit sharper and less sloppy. Old habits die hard.

Wow, I love them! Touka looks adorably angry aha.

Back
Top Bottom