• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Abilities Pokémon should get

Monkey see, Grookey do
Reaction score
My comment is a bit different since the ability already exist for the Pokemon, but I think the Ponyta line should drop Run Away entirely and have Flame Body as one of its natural abilities. I mean, look at them. They're horses literally alight with flames. Why is weaponizing that a rare occurrence rather than being the standard ability?

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
Most evolved doggies can have Intimidate, but why Houndoom can't when it's a scary dog?
On a related note, atleast one of the Lycanroc forms should be able to have intimidate. They’re all fearsom wolves after all!

Conceptually it makes most sense with midnight, but it has No Guard which is really useful to avoid misses (specially with stone edge), Lycanroc Dusk has tough claws which provides a nice boost and it’s already the best Lycanroc to use.

But Lycanroc Midday has really not-useful abilities. So why not give it intimidate? It could help with its poor defences.

Or maybe give it to both Midday and Midnight as a standard ability option.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kommo-o should have Multiscale as its HA (replacing Overcoat), look at its design, scales all over the place, and you don't see a visible scale Dragonite nor Lugia

and for a bonus (tho off-topic) give it Aura Sphere and more than 3 Egg moves (and make them useful ones too like Elemental Fangs, Crunch, Iron Head and/or Iron Tail, Superpower, Take Down and/or Double-Edge and Dragon Pulse)

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
My comment is a bit different since the ability already exist for the Pokemon, but I think the Ponyta line should drop Run Away entirely and have Flame Body as one of its natural abilities. I mean, look at them. They're horses literally alight with flames. Why is weaponizing that a rare occurrence rather than being the standard ability?
That is a very good point, but aren't horses sometimes known to be a bit skittish and easy to spook? I would at least keep Run Away somewhere as it's very fitting (while giving it a meaningful in-battle effect at last, because they've already thrown a bone to the similarly useless Stench and Pickup).

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Do you not like having free potions, healing items and poké balls early on when you don't have a lot of money?
I do like it, yes, but having no use in battles themselves was something which always bothered me about Pickup. Even now I feel it's outdone by Trick/Switcheroo or Recycle and sometimes Harvest in that aspect.

Reaction score
Torterra should’ve got Sand Rush or Sand Force instead.

They simply outclass Shell Armor in terms of usage and could help Torterra be an effective counter against Pokémon that set up Sandstorm (since they tend to be mostly ground or rock type and Torterra can hit them super effectively with its grass moves while using their sandstorm to its advantage).
that grass surge or solid rock would be better but maybe when they get megas they can change it for both regular and mega form. Having grass surge instead of shell armor or as 3, hidden ability and mega with solid rock would give it enough.

Now that I think of it gen V water starter final form would deserv Bulletproof or something more.

Rapidash with Lighning Rod?
Magmar with Filter?
Rhydon, Rhyperior line with Bulletproof?

Palosand line , Water Absorb or buff Water Compaction.

Dusclops and Dusknoir would need either Soundproof, Bulletproof or a new ability to make them "proof" immune to something more.
Thats my opinion.
__

Mareep and Flaffy getting the Fluffy ability as secondary would be really nice. ( would suit them really good as sheep and would make sense NOW)

Reaction score
I would give Electivire an 2nd ability in form of Iron Fist (if not Speed Boost), whiling i would also give Magmortar a 2nd ability in form of Sheer Force

Addtionally, i would give them serveral new moves:
for Electivire, i would give it Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Power-Up Punch (back), Mach Punch (maybe, but Magmortar has it, so why not), Knock Off and Superpower, if not Close Combat. I also wish it gets Zing Zap or Volt Tackle but knowing GF, they won't (but then again, neither would all these buffs)

for Magmortar, i would give it Earth Power, Eruption, and maybe Dark Pulse