• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Abilityshipping Discussion Thread

Ya' know, if I wasn't a MorpheusShipper, I'd totally support this 'ship! I still do, a bit. The moments they have together are cute :3

There was already an AbilityShipping thread ( http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=12104&page=8&highlight=anabel+lila ) but it was closed during the great re-organisation of Shippers' Paradise.

I feel the same as Gloomy Dayz, cute ship, clear hints from Anabel's side, but Angie gets my vote over Anabel.

I also tend to think Anabel might be a little too mature for Ash anyway, already having a position being a Salon Maiden, and acting very grown up already. But perhaps that might also be because of the voice actress in the Dutch dub I watched.

One thing i've always felt abilityshipping had going for it was the fact that Anabel could use her own pokemon to battle Ash and win.I've always thought for anyone to be with Ash hey need to be as into battling as he is.

You know, back then, I kind of liked the Shipping.
Now, with the Ultra Beast Task force, where a much older Anabel/Lila is part of, I wonder, will she have a cameo or even a bit more of a role in the Anime of Sun and Moon? I certainly would like this throwback. Seeing that XY&Z had (intentionally) no cameos, I doubt it though. On the other hand, it was sort of story related in the game. but then again, for Lilies story, the Anime stuff took a lot of artistic freedom and interpretation so far.

I won't lie. Despite my affection for Amour, I'll always have a fondness for Ability. It still occasionally jostles for the spot as my OTP.

Ash and Anabel, both being devoted trainers, just had such a deep level of chemistry and mutual respect for each other and their Pokémon.

As has always been my policy though, I always strive to prioritize ships that are ongoing in the series.

Thus, I had consigned myself to reading the few, and generally not very high quality, fan fictions for this pairing, along with a few (failed) attempts to write one of my own. When I heard that Anabel, albeit a future Anabel, would be appearing in the Sun & Moon game, I tossed my hat up in celebration.

Is she likely to show up in the anime? I'd be kidding myself if I made a case for that, though I thought the same thing about Amour getting a good resolution and we all know how that turned out.

Long story short: How often do shippers of a secondary, nearly decade old ship get any reason to celebrate? I'll take what optimism I can get, and for the first time in a very long while, Ability has something to which, just maybe, we can look forward.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom