• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AbilityShipping or MorpheusShipping

Anabel or Angie

• Total voters
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
These two are probably underrated compared to the various pokegirl ships, but I like them anyway. If you could only pick one of these two girls to ship Ash with which would it be? Anabel or Angie. Feel free to explain why.

It was hard for me to pick, but I choose Angie because I love the chemistry between the her and Ash as brief as it is. After rewatching the Summer Academy Arc in DP I thought they would be a great couple. They have a lot in common, such as being very competitive. I loved the moment where they both did the "I got the <insert reward here> pose" together. I thought that was a cute moment! While it might never happen, I would actually be content if these to ended up together. Just so everyone knows I also like AbilityShipping and Anabel. Angie just felt like the better pick.

Last edited:
I think I prefer Ash x Anabel because it was a unique ship and it was one that was well thought out and executed brilliantly. I feel with Ash x Angie even though it is a good ship, it's very obvious and predictable and I don't really like that about ships. They have the same personalities and the same drive which we always see in the anime which is boring. Ash and Anabel had different personalities but still meshed well together which was really interesting.

I think I prefer Ash x Anabel because it was a unique ship and it was one that was well thought out and executed brilliantly. I feel with Ash x Angie even though it is a good ship, it's very obvious and predictable and I don't really like that about ships. They have the same personalities and the same drive which we always see in the anime which is boring. Ash and Anabel had different personalities but still meshed well together which was really interesting.
Those are good points. Some of what you stated is actually what made choosing for me a bit conflicting. Anabel is definitively an interesting character to say the least, very likable. For some reason I guess I just really loved seeing Ash and Angie butt heads while competing, but still be pretty good friends. But then Anabel is so cool and nice, and I loved how Ash and her got along and seemed to trust each other right off the bat. Morpheusshipping maybe my favorite, but Abilityshipping is close second for sure.

Haha wow I haven't thought about either of these ships in years, what a throwback :)

I liked Morpheusshipping better. I liked Angie more than Anabel and I thought they had more chemistry (the summer school arc was so good, oh man). When it comes to shipping Ash with girls, I tend to like the ships where they're competitive; it's a fun dynamic. Like I said, I haven't thought about Morpheusshipping in a really long time due to how long ago Angie was actually relevant, but it was definitely my preference. I don't think Abilityshipping is awful or anything, though. Just not really my thing.

Angie due to how well she and ash Interacted.

But Ash and Anabel are good ones as well. I wonder if the S/M anime ends up bringing her back as that secret agent, mysterious... beautiful and Ash would still be a clueless dope.

I know I'm pretty late to the party, but since voting was still allowed, added mine. Both ships are really cute, but my heritage as Morpheusshipper gives me no other option than to choose Angie.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom