• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

About banned users......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eeny Leeney Miny Mo!
Reaction score
Sometimes when I see Who's Online I see some banned users on the list. Doesn't being banned mean you can't log in.(Sorry for the stupid question)

The Greatest Pokémon Ranger
Reaction score
I thought it was that they can't post or anything, but they still can get on.

Reaction score
You can't post and you're blocked. You can still read, but you can't use your account to post. Anyways, does anyone know why Habunake was banned?

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Anyways, does anyone know why Habunake was banned?
He broke repeated warnings to stop being a jackass. Compared to other users his crime was relatively minor, but it was the fact he never learned that did him in.

Take the Stage!
Reaction score
I dont get it though. Why not just make a new account? Well, they probably dont really wanna be here anyway. I think they're probably just bored -_-

Stealin' cars.
Reaction score
I dont get it though. Why not just make a new account? Well, they probably dont really wanna be here anyway. I think they're probably just bored -_-
Some of them do, but they get found out and banned again.

The Oringinal Prankser.
Reaction score
I think if your banned, you must never go on again.

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Believe me, sometimes some of us wish that were true.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
It's called an IP ban. If the user is so annoying the admin can just IP ban him which will prohibit that user from ever signing up again. It's a very nice tool to use on trolls who fail but it's easy to get around it...kinda

黒い王様
Reaction score
We actually have an addon that's supposed to prevent banned users from logging out and making a new account. It's not perfect, but it does the job well enough on many banned users.

Reaction score
We actually have an addon that's supposed to prevent banned users from logging out and making a new account. It's not perfect, but it does the job well enough on many banned users.
Wouldn't it be more effective to blacklist an IP and impose a block? This might not be well for those in dorms and/or shared Internet, but many services use it.

...I think we're lost.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be more effective to blacklist an IP and impose a block? This might not be well for those in dorms and/or shared Internet, but many services use it.
Doesn't work so well for those who have ip addresses that change, which is kinda common with DSL users.

Given power
Reaction score
Overkill IMO; also, non-static IPs as mentioned above.

It's easy enough to bypass, especially with expiring cookies and just outright deleting them. Or even simply use another browser. Though it really only stops the underage whiner types (the ones you really have to worry about would know better).

Anyone clever can evade a ban on a site. Of course, you need to do it effectively. Don't go parading in announcing you're back under a new name and the admins suck, can't get rid of you, etc. You gotta wait a while, lie low, and then come back quietly. Change your habits a little. The most important thing to keep in mind that they do not need to know you were formerly banned. I've done it before on other sites. >_> Not with malicious intent, mind you. So...uhh...yeah. <_<

MY NAME IS GUNDHAM TANAKAAAAAAAAA
Reaction score
Overkill IMO; also, non-static IPs as mentioned above.

It's easy enough to bypass, especially with expiring cookies and just outright deleting them. Or even simply use another browser. Though it really only stops the underage whiner types (the ones you really have to worry about would know better).

Anyone clever can evade a ban on a site. Of course, you need to do it effectively. Don't go parading in announcing you're back under a new name and the admins suck, can't get rid of you, etc. You gotta wait a while, lie low, and then come back quietly. Change your habits a little. The most important thing to keep in mind that they do not need to know you were formerly banned. I've done it before on other sites. >_> Not with malicious intent, mind you. So...uhh...yeah. <_<
Boom! System Error has hit the nail on the head. Discussion over, go back to your homes people.

Status
Not open for further replies.