• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

About Counting Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To Fun and Games visitors,

Thanks for your cooperation and patience regarding counting games.
We are now allowing counting games in the subforum, under the following rules":

1. There can only be up to three running counting games at once.
If a fourth counting game thread is posted when there were already three threads present, it will be closed.

2. All counting games must have at least one aspect that differs from simply counting.
All counting games must have a reasonable limit; a number that once reached, the game ends. Also, counting games need a certain method to post other than just "1", "2", "3". It can be anything, such as a posting restriction (example: posting a statement related to the number) or having an action that forces the count to set to zero, or a combination of both.
A counting game that counts to infinity or consists solely of counting "1, 2, 3, ..." will be regarded as pointless, and will be closed.

3. Threads that have no new posts for four days will be closed.
To prevent an inactive game from taking up one of the three slots, staff will close threads that do not have a new post for four days.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact one of the Fun and Games staff: Kakuna Matata, Bouffalant Herdier, Parma, or Caprizant.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
2. All counting games must have at least one aspect that differs from simply counting.
All counting games must have a reasonable limit; a number that once reached, the game ends. Also, counting games need a certain method to post other than just "1", "2", "3". It can be anything, such as a posting restriction (posting a statement related to the number) or having an action that forces the count to set to zero, or a combination of both.
A counting game that counts to infinity or consists solely of counting "1, 2, 3, ..." will be regarded as pointless, and will be closed.

I have a question about this. Another forum I was on once had a counting game that consisted of people posting pictures that related to a number as they counted "1, 2, 3, 4..." Would this be considered pointless?

(And I realize there are already enough counting games, I'm talking about for when another spot opens up.)

Can I start up "get through A-Z without staff resetting to A #5?" I just wanted to check if it hasn't already been made.

Once a version of a counting game has ended and been closed, anyone is free to start the next one.

'A through Z' v6 is up at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom