• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

About My Dating Thread

Reaction score
Quite a few people have asked why my dating thread was deleted after being up for a couple hours.

The bottom line is that there is way, way too much room for abuse and actual crimes to be committed. Absolutely anyone could prey on someone underage or otherwise vulnerable, and if we have thread allowing that behaviour, then we risk telling the world that these sorts of relationships are fine with us.

People could easily lie about their age, prey on people, stalk people - way too many reasons to shut it down. We want this forum to be a safe place for discussion amongs the thousands of us Pokėmaniacs, and not a room for people to be targeted, attacked and preyed upon.

So, in other words, I fucked up.

Baf

yeahhhh I guess that was the right decision. Even if it could have been sort of funny otherwise. Don't beat yourself up for it fabby.

I was a little worried about that thread because people were giving out locations and such. There's so much potential for crime.

You made the right decision to delete that thread imo

• Staff
For full disclosure, it was Winter Rain that deleted it and brought up her worries with it to the rest of staff.

Back
Top Bottom