• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

About NX...

Which one of these it will be?

• A service in the vein of Steam for consoles and PC's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LauriJ

Reaction score
I personally hope that it will be a service in the vein of Steam. I would imagine that many japanese developers that would otherwise skip computers entirely would be willing to give it a chance. Although it would have quite a selection of games to choose from, I would imagine that certain 'core' titles would be exlusive to consoles. For starters at least. I would also imagine that all games would essentially cloud-based as befitting Nintendo's stance on piracy. Hopefully the games can also be bought from Steam like Ubisoft does with their games.

Given that the Nintendo devs have referred to it as such, I'm 99.99% sure it's a console.

I see. Well, it's too early to say anything of course.

Nintendo has stated it's a dedicated gaming platform.
Square Enix accidentally leaked that it'll probably be more powerful than the Xbone and PS4. Hence why I believe Cloud was put in Sm4sh is probably because FF7 will be released on virtual console or most likely the remake will be on the NX.

Patents show some very interesting things. I also have a suspicion from what I have read that it will be a combo of the next gen hand held as well as the console (might just be a bundle), the Wii U grazed upon this and Wall Street Journal has stated how there's stationary and portable components. I can't see how they'll achieve this and it's a weird concept. However there's patents for a diskless console. Captain Toad is an example of something that wasn't really a console game since you used the gamepad...

The 3DS can be used as a controller, which is odd, so will the NX's controller be a handheld console? Given the fact that the New 3DS has as much power as a Wii the next handheld could have as much power as a Wii U, so is that where backwards compatibility comes into?

From what Nintendo have said about the Wii U and why they thought it was so cool is because of the gamepad's portability. Nintendo have said the NX will be groundbreaking and I certainly believe them and am expecting the unexpected.

Well, it's certainly possible that it will be a 'hybrid' console then. There would essentially two types of games. Cartridge ones for your portable gaming needs and disc ones for more heavy-duty material.

It is not going to be a hybrid, Nintendo already shot down the idea. What it might be is a dual system of sorts. The NX wouldn't be a console and handheld, instead there would be a NX console and a NX handheld, with similar libraries, but different specs. We would get more games like the newest Super Smash Bros, which have a console version with muh shiny graphics and the handheld version, with well, portability and other thingies.

Anyways, I am still not really interested on the NX. After Nintendo killed the Wii rather early and is doing the same now with the Wii U, it's hard to trust them with a new console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom