• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

About the format of Gym's and Elite's Pokémon...

Reaction score
OK, so I've been a frequent visitor and not-so-frequent contributor to Bulbapedia for a long time now. One of my pet peeves is just how ugly the Team boxes look on a Gym Leader's or Elite Four's pages... They really stretch the page, and create unnecessary empty spaces. So I created an account for this forum to get this changed.

For example, look at Lucian's page before I made the change to the Party template... It looked like this:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/w/index.php?title=Lucian&oldid=491225
(sorry, don't know how to hide links in text...)

Now look at how much better Lucian's page becomes after the change:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lucian

This template was already in use, just in like three or four pages, but I think it's a much better one that the one used in every other Gym Leader and Elite Four page.

So, while I changed one, it's gonna be impossible for me to change all. So, basically, I posted this to propose to everyone that they help out change the old format into this newer, better one. =)

One last thing though, there is one problem with the Party template... It automatically gets the mini sprites in .gif, but since we don't have some of the 4th gen ones in something other than .png, they don't appear properly (see Gallade and Bronzong in Lucian's page). So, I'm not sure how the template could be changed to accept png's (I almost sure that we have all mini sprites in png's), or if it's just better to upload .gif versions of mini sprites. I have no idea how to change templates, so I would appreciate any help. =)

Any thoughts, help, and suggestion is appreciated =)

Glad you brought that to my attention. I'll fix the problem of gifs.

I was trying to use this template on Jasmine's page, and ran into a few speed bumps. For starters, how do we use the template for people with fewer than six Pokémon on their team? It seems to just display the excess code unless you enter something in.

I was trying to use this template on Jasmine's page, and ran into a few speed bumps. For starters, how do we use the template for people with fewer than six Pokémon on their team? It seems to just display the excess code unless you enter something in.

Well, you just need to change the number of Pokémon in the 'numberinparty' area. Just put in 'numberinparty=3' or any other number of Pokémon the trainer has, and then it'll just put out 3 Pokémon.

I've already done Aaron and Flint (half of him, as someone had already fixed his DP team). Though I'll probably do other gen trainers and then finish the 4th gen ones... Platinum info is not so readily available and some times, there are contradictions, so I think I'll probably wait for Platinum to be released in English to finish those teams, to avoid any confusion.

My thanks. Probably could have figured that out on my own if I were, you know, paying attention at all... I'll try to get to Jasmine soon, probably a few others if I can.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom