• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

AC/DC!

Do u like them?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There should really be a middle option.

Although I like some of their songs, I find that most of their catalogue is far too formulaic. They never seem to take very big risks or deviate from their genre. An AC/DC song is always recognizable as an AC/DC song because they never really change that much. Sure, their songs have great guitar solos often times and are quite catchy, but they lack in innovation.

I think that's part of the reason people like them so much. Other bands do like to experiment with their sound, but at the same time, that can really grind on the fan's nerves, especially if they start deviating too far from their base. It's a fine line you have to balance.

I didn't know there were people who hadn't heard of AC/DC. Really people!? I'm a fan of there older stuff, but I thought Black Ice was actually really good. It has been said by a thousand different people that all there stuff sounds the same, and you know what? It does. But it is such a good sound that they can keep popping out Album after Album and have them all be hits.

Why yes, I do enjoy them. They are perhaps the only mainstream pop act I can bring myself to listen to. Why? In their heyday, (Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap through Back In Black) they were the last honest rock-and-roll band. Everyone else just took themselves way too seriously, but...
Brian Johnson said:
Rock and roll is... Rock and Roll.
They weren't striving to be innovators. They just wanted to have fun, and ya gotta respect that.
And your mileage may vary, but "Touch Too Much" was Bon Scott's crowning moment of awesome.

Last edited:
A lot of their songs are well-known, and I certainly like them.

Here are some of their songs that I like:

Back in Black
Thunderstruck
Highway to Hell
For Those About to Rock (We Salute You)
Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Problem Child
Big Balls (LOL)

Awesomesauce, I say!

I like them, but not my fav band.^^

Status