• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Acceptance (oneshot)

CrystalGlacia

wants Chain of Memories!
Reaction score
This is my first fanfic on Bulbagarden, Acceptance. All of the characters are OC's. Please read and enjoy.

--------------------

“Thank you for rescuing me.”

There was no answer.

“What’s your name?”

A teenage girl’s light blue eyes gazed upon her rescuer, who might as well have been her polar opposite. The moonlight shone on her long, silver hair as she sat with her legs folded underneath her.

“Are you going to tell me anything?” She did not have to see his masked face to know that he was glaring at her. He sat almost completely still within the shadow cast by a large tree, enough so that he could have resembled a statue. This shell of a person didn’t even seem alive.

Just minutes ago, this girl was locked in what could have been a living hell, as some sort of wretched test subject by an evil syndicate. The entire ordeal started when the man was infiltrating the laboratory where she was tortured; she was merely freed on his way out. Now on a remote island somewhere far away, she could hardly remember anything that happened that night.

Her rescuer seemed like the noblest person in the world, so much that he soon became her ‘knight in shining armor’. His black overcoat trailing behind him like a shadow, he fought his way through gunshots, traps and more with the help of the largest blade she had seen- a scythe. The powerful weapon only enforced her perceived image of him as a warrior of pure blood.

“I want to know more about you,” she said gently. “You rescued me from that place. I’ll tell you about me if you tell me a bit about yourself.” He didn’t budge.

“Just get off this island.” It was the first thing he said that night.

“Why?”

“Don’t question me, dammit.” His abrupt change in character startled her.

“Are you angry at me?” She began to choke up.

“Just shut up. You wouldn’t want to know me, anyway.”

“I don’t care if you hate yourself…I just want to know something about the man who saved me from a life of torture.” Her eyes closed, and tears rolled down her face, sparkling in the full moon. He remained indifferent to the girl’s tears and merely stared at her from behind his mask. He obviously had no intentions of showing her his face anytime soon. He finally said something, but in a gentler tone.

“Why do you wish to know such useless things?” She looked up, her face dampened from her tears.

“Huh?”

“Can you not hear?”

“Oh…I’m sorry…” She began to gaze at the figure in front of her. He seemed calmer at this point than he had at any other time that night. “I just want to walk off this island with a fantastic memory I’ll stay with.” She began to gaze deeply into the nonexistent face hidden from her. “I’ll never forget you.”

“I’d rather you forget me. I do not wish to be present in anyone’s memory. I have no allies I can actually trust. I have had trust deceived too many times. No one in this world accepts me for who I really am.”

“I accept you. I only just met you, and you’re already my knight in shining armor.”

He sighed. “Fine. I am Kiyoi. Kiyoi means ‘noble’. But I might as well have been misnamed.”

“Even your name is perfect…” Before they knew it, she already had her hand on top of his. “Everything about you is perfect; I just want to know what you look like. My name’s Hana. It means-”

“…Flower. I have no intentions of showing my face tonight. Only people who have fallen victim to me have seen my face. The very few victims who survive have that image burned into their memory forever. They become frightened, traumatized whenever they are asked to recall details from our meeting. It’s interesting to watch…I wish I could be present to see it happen every time.”

“I don’t care if you’re an assassin…I just know that there is a person I’d have loved to know.”

Kiyoi could almost sense her inch closer to him not only physically, but emotionally as well. Human emotions began to flood his empty shell of a body at the most inconvenient of times. He despised emotions; he hadn’t felt a feeling quite as strong as this for years.

The ice wall that developed between him and Hana began to crack. As she moved closer and closer, more cracks developed, until…it finally shattered. He was wide open to attack. She was now right next to him, her hand close to his face.

It was too late…there was no turning back. His defenses were gone, but what did he have to lose? She finally removed his mask, her wish granted. He could see that she felt relieved; almost overjoyed that she had pierced through the void that was his emotions.

“It’s nice to finally meet you, Kiyoi.”

He didn’t say another word.

He had an unusually pale skin tone that seemed to compliment his jet-black, shoulder length hair. Probably his most unique, if not attractive feature was his sapphire blue eyes, glittering with unrivaled innocence. Hana slid into his arms, ever so gently, her shining eyes closing.

“What I like best about you is that you can appear so innocent, yet be so powerful and brave at the same time.”

He never thought his depression would be lifted like this. The girl he was now cradling in his arms seemed like a shining ray of hope. Never did he think something so ordinary would end so unexpectedly. It was the first time he had felt affection for anyone. It felt so strange, yet amazing at the same time.

He couldn’t help but allow his newly found emotions take over. He felt his mouth curve into a calm smile as he placed his arms around the girl’s body.

“Oh?” She looked up to find a content spirit, purity shining in his deep eyes. He took her small hand in his own, almost in an attempt to calm her.

The man’s spirit set free, he finally gained what he had been yearning for…

Acceptance.

This sounds a lot like my fic...... duh duh DUH!!!!!

lol.

But otherwise, awesome. But the picture of Hana you drew...... she looks like a little kid. Umm... How old is she, exactly? Awesome job tho, awesome job.

Hana is older in this story, though. It just doesn't sound right for a little girl to be alone with a twenty-something year old man. Know what I mean?

Oh. Hana is seventeen, and Kiyoi is twenty-two.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom