• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

access to subtropolis gym

digger454

Reaction score
Hi, How do I get into subtropolis gym? I have chosen mudkip as a starter and now my mudkip is a swampert level 77. Some people have told me that I need to awaken kyogre and grudon, is this correct? Other people have told me that you must catch all pokemon before you can get into this gym.

How do I get in?

thanks

It's Sootopolis :p

Anyway, I think all you have to do is beat/capture Kyogre/Groudon and you will be able to get in.

...Subtropolis? You mean Sootopolis, right? Dude, all you have to do is surf southwest of Mossdeep and dive when you reach a large ring of dark water surrounding a giant white rock. Of course, if you want to get your badge in Sootopolis, you'll have to awaken Groudon/Kyogre/both of them, depending on the version you're playing. In that case, you have to surf south of Mossdeep and dive... someplace. I can't remember where exactly... I'm sure other people could help you. If that doesn't work, there are always FAQs.

And jeez, your Swampert is ridiculously overleveled.

Looking at things, I'm going to guess that you just trained your starter Pokémon and nothing else. Good luck at the Battle Tower/Frontier.

Anyway, to awaken the beast of land or sea, Groudon or Kyogre, Surf to Route 128. Dive below the dark water, and find an underwater cave entrance. Resurface inside the cave, and you will be in the Seafloor Cavern. Go through the cave, defeating Team Magma/Aqua grunts and Leader Maxie/Archie. Then the beast will awaken. Then go back to Sootopolis and end the catastrophe.

heh thanks! My son is the one playing the game and he isn't that old, so I am curious about your comment "you just trained your starter pokemon and nothing else". What should he be doing? is there a larger objective that he might not have caught being a new player and being young? I would appreciate the help as it's a lot for a mom to take in! ha! ha!

thanks

heh thanks! My son is the one playing the game and he isn't that old, so I am curious about your comment "you just trained your starter pokemon and nothing else". What should he be doing? is there a larger objective that he might not have caught being a new player and being young? I would appreciate the help as it's a lot for a mom to take in! ha! ha!

thanks

It's recommended that instead of just training one Pokémon, a full party of six Pokémon should be trained. Sure, a level 77 Swampert should be able to defeat all the Pokémon up until the Elite Four (the final battles of the main storyline of the game). However, when the Battle Tower/Frontier is unlocked (after defeating the Elite Four; it's the Frontier if playing Emerald version and just the Tower if playing Ruby or Sapphire), that Swampert will face a variety of opponents; some of which it cannot handle (like those Grass-type attacks, since those attacks do 4x the normal damage on Swampert). There's when you need some other types of Pokémon that can handle the Pokémon the Swampert is unable take care of.

Simply put, train 5 other Pokémon to supplement Swampert. Make sure they are of different types than Swampert's types of Ground and Water.

Lol Subtropolis

Subtropolis sounds way more cooler than Sootopolis any day. It'd be a rainforest, in a bubble, under the water. What's that compared to a town inside an old volcano cone? *light teasing* Anyway, leave Mom alone. If she's not the one actually playing, y'can't fault her on a name she might be hearing from her kid and not reading for herself?

XD But it is catchy.

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom