• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Accidentaly killed a shiny

I have done this SOOO many times. I've killed a Diglet, TWO Swinub and a Tentacool. However, I have caught a Chatot, FEMALE COMBEE, and a Zubat. :D So not all bad =P

I just killed the only shiny I have ever ran into. It was a shiny Yanma in a hoard battle. I threw out my Gyarados after my jolteon was knocked out and chose the wrong spot. His tackle took it out in one hit ;( I almost cried...............

I found a shiny Koffing in original Silver like 10 years ago. Only shiny I've ever found and I accidentally made it faint, I was so disappointed.

Had a friend run away from a shiny Combee because he wasn't paying attention at the time. My other friend who was working really hard to get one naturally was so pissed at him lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if this count, since I wasn't actually trying to catch Pokemon, wanted to make another evolve - I did fainted a shiny by mistake, and let another go in a horde... and not too long ago either....

about 6 weeks ago, I just wanted to make my female Eevee evolve to Glaceon - so I just fainted the first Pokemon to show up... and didn't realized that the Beartic I fainted was shiny until it was too late.

while heading to Ice Rock, I let a shiny Vanillite go, encountered it in a Horde and I ran away, again I didn't realized it was shiny until I hit Run.

Last edited:
I remember once when I was playing Silver and I was on my way to Mr. Pokemon's house I encountered a shiny Ratatta. I repeat: a shiny Ratatta. On the way to Mr. Pokemon's house. Before you can get Pokeballs.

Also, I once killed a shiny Joltic in a playthrough of White I did a while ago (which was a shame since I was actually looking for a Joltic.)

I had just finish capturing Kyurem in my White and I was walking back through the Giant Chasm when a shiny Piloswine appeared! I flipped out because the damn thing refused to be caught. Luckily it worked on my last ultra ball. So close to killing it though. >o<

Except for one time, i have always caught shinies that I've run into. That one time was a Noctowl way back on Silver.Knocked it out by accident, but i don't count it cause that gen couldn't be moved forward

The first shiny encounter I ever had was a shiny Zubat. I killed it because I wasn't aware of how rare shinies were

I found a shiny Gastly in the old chateau once, It was my first shiny ever and I was so excited that I pressed run by accident...Gengar is also my 2nd favourite Pkmn.

I knocked out a handful of shinies back when I was little and new to the game system. Most of which happened in FR, my first handheld Pokémon game.

But one, however, was somewhat recent. In my first play-through of Diamond, I was getting levels up in the desert place and a shiny Hippowdon popped out. The funny thing is, I was running around there for so long that I was actually expecting and preparing for a shiny to come out, but when one finally did . . . I am ashamed to say the first thing I said was, "Ew! Hippowdon!" and immediately killed him. ._.
[I try to partly justify my actions by remembering I wasn't really sure if it was a shiny because its colors weren't very different from the original's, and I wasn't paying attention to the start of the battle so I could see the sparkles, but still . . . ]
My sis had scolded me on letting a shiny get away, but on the bright side, I actually caught two Hippowdon soon afterwards. XD

To this day I've never found a shiny. Granted I only played old Red/Blue emulators and X, so I don't have much experience :p

Only shiny I lost was my first one ever which was a shiny Geodude in Sapphire. I ran because i didn't have any Pokeballs. The thing is fast forward a few years, I found and caught a Shiny Graveler in HeartGold.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom