• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Ace Attorney Discussion Thread

I love this series! It's been so long since we've gotten a new title. The longest gap in the series yet. =( I know they've been releasing the bundles, but it's sad we haven't heard of a new title in ages.

Ooh, I like the AA games! It's been a long while since I've played them, though. I own all the games that are out, including Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, but I haven't finished an AA game since Trials and Tribulations, and I stopped AA Investigations because I had a hard time with it. I should probably get back into the series at some point.

My cousin just bought ace attorney and on the downloading screen I can’t stop associating the characters with you guys lol
i hope when u think of me u think of godot... (or edgeworth now too)
Ooh, I like the AA games! It's been a long while since I've played them, though. I own all the games that are out, including Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, but I haven't finished an AA game since Trials and Tribulations, and I stopped AA Investigations because I had a hard time with it. I should probably get back into the series at some point.
hard recommend!!! the tgaa games are SO good.... if you mean having a hard time as in a difficult one, there are many walkthroughs i've seen online even just for specific parts.. the first investigations game has some really sloggy parts (it's very grounded but in a way that could be construed as sorta boring) but the second is an absolute masterpiece. way more exciting and well-written, hard recommend.
tgaa is also pretty grounded but in a very enjoyable and interesting way, it has its moments (dgs1-4 i am looking at you) but overall it is amazing with arguably the series' best cast and amazing gameplay and soundtrack. the modern trilogy is a lot of fun too, the writing gets messy at parts but there are a lot of likable characters!

if you mean having a hard time as in a difficult one, there are many walkthroughs i've seen online even just for specific parts.. the first investigations game has some really sloggy parts (it's very grounded but in a way that could be construed as sorta boring) but the second is an absolute masterpiece. way more exciting and well-written, hard recommend.

It wasn't because I didn't like the more grounded parts of the game, as I did like those. I just had a hard time figuring out the gameplay mechanics and figuring out how to solve the mysteries. I might go back to it at some point but I'm not sure. It's been a while.

the modern trilogy came home :')
have any of you been playing it? this is a pretty good time to check out the aj games if you haven't been able to before!

gosh i missed trucy qwq... also orange klavier :bulbaLol:

There's this pattern of me really liking the last cases of each game hehe. The tension in JfA's was incredible and it introduced my beloved supporting character Adrian Andrews X) As of right now I love LOVE Franziska... La Paca<3 Though I hate that everytime I think of her I remember someone actually procreated with von Karma LMAO
Phoenix and Maya are also my beloveds ofc, I think of them all the time :)
A friend told me that Gumshoe doesn't appear in the modern trilogy and that made me so sad because I also love him AAARGH Ace Attorney is full of great characters!

Note: I forgot, after playing the last case of T&T I still need to play Rise from the Ashes aaaa X(

adrian is suuuuuch a good character, one of the best supporting ones in the franchise
really good taste! in terms of gumshoe: i don't know how much you know about the modern trilogy plot but he DOES show up. it's only once and for a very brief amount of time, but he does. it barely counts, though.
if you want more gumshoe content i recommend the miles edgeworth investigations duology, he's a key player in there!
(and absolutely play rfta before starting aj, it sets the stage so well)

edit: did i call rise from the ashes. RotS. not even the same series. shaking and crying rn

Last edited:
the modern trilogy came home :')
have any of you been playing it? this is a pretty good time to check out the aj games if you haven't been able to before!
My copy is delayed in transit ;____; I'm excited, though! I know I've said before that I'm not as into this trilogy as TGAA and the original trilogy, but they're still fun games and I'm looking forward to revisiting them.

No joke I'm honestly most excited to see Klavier's guitar catching on fire again lmao...unironically my favorite scene in AJ

My copy is delayed in transit ;____; I'm excited, though! I know I've said before that I'm not as into this trilogy as TGAA and the original trilogy, but they're still fun games and I'm looking forward to revisiting them.

No joke I'm honestly most excited to see Klavier's guitar catching on fire again lmao...unironically my favorite scene in AJ
agree agree agree!!
my personal ranking is original trilogy > tgaa > investigations > modern but it's HAAAARD, they're all really good...
(for individual games it's t&t > tgaa2 > gk2 > pwaa > ajaa > tgaa > jfa and gk, can't pick one over the other > soj > dd but i really like them all. even my least favorite is an easy 7/10 for me.)
that scene is HILARIOUS the way the video ends with him in the background trying desperately (and failing) to put it out... and afterward when you can hardly tell whether he's more upset about that or daryan screwing up his part in guilty love??? complete utter 100% pure greatness in what's otherwise one of my least favorite cases
there's another part i really appreciate in it but its so much darker lmfao so i'll stop there

ohhhhh it is so good @coordinator lissi -- i hope you continue enjoying it, the games are super fun (who knows, maybe sometime you will start considering yourself a fan? even if you don't end up playing them yourself, if you liked what you see.. then i'd say it counts!)!!
who else here has played aai2? i'm replaying it for the first time (my original playthrough was over a year ago now O_o) and gosh i forgot just how damn good the fanslation honestly is. love kay and lang <3 (a shame the latter doesn't get much screen time in this game... it explained more of his backstory and thought process, which i really liked at least :bulbaCute: )

Back
Top Bottom