• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 2 - Love Goes A Long Way - 07/05/2014

Why is it extremely likely that there's a Mafia Bomb? Also why? I'm really confused about this.

To keep spoilers to a minimum, someone blows up the court.

Though, I can assure you that I'm definitely not a bomb (regardless of alignment).

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 2 - Love Goes A Long Way - 07/05/2014

Well, this should be an interesting D2 with as little as we seem to have gathered from D1's lynch. I didn't even see a whole lot to go off of when looking back through everything that has happened, but I've got a few questions and comments:

Marius said:
Unvote: Lysandre
Vote: Farfetchd the Vigilante

I realize it's a bad idea to base stuff off of previous games, but I can remember at least two instances where mafia fakeclaimed indep because it was impossible to disprove, except by copcheck.

Also, claiming day one...
How do you feel about the claim of Zima's, being that it happened even earlier than FtV's had? Especially when miller is also pretty much impossible to prove outside of a lie detector or rolecop?

Zima said:
There is nothing pro-town about claiming independent. I mean, they could side with the town, but they could switch at any time.
This statement bothers me, because of course there's nothing pro-town about an independent claim, since the point of independent is generally to be neutral and go wherever seems most beneficial at the moment. And even so, there have been times independents have helped town quite well.

We've seen the results of D1 and it's left us with very little to work with having an independent die, leaving the votes not helpful to analyze. It wouldn't be too unlikely I think that mafia would want an independent gone, one for the same reason as town (the uncertainty of who he'll align with), and two because it's a fairly wasted phase for town when it comes to info.

CrackFox said:
I don't trust that she/Yato is definitely a miller though.
If you don't trust that she's a miller, do you think she was fake-claiming as mafia then? There wouldn't be a lot of reason for town to want to be lynched/advocate a lynch on herself as beneficial otherwise outside of a lynch redirector (but being so early, there's little chance she had a scum target in mind).

These next two posts go together:

Zima said:
I can't really elaborate without claiming... Uhh...
Zima said:
It is only detrimental to the cop.
So she didn't want to claim here initially... yet she did so easily with FtV with almost no prompting to do so? And then there's the response to CrackFox saying it's detrimental to the cop, when at that point, why not just come out and say it explicitly? It's possible she thought it'd be suspicious to say, but she was saying before this that it might be helpful to lynch her, so that wouldn't make sense. Especially when it's not like she'd become a big target for mafia by claiming miller, if that was the concern. And to me it's not something that seems like a result of not being focused in the game at the time.

Personally, I think Yato is the best target at the moment, but the one thing making me nervous is that it'd be a vote based wholly on things her predecessor said/claimed, and had that gone through in the Futurama Game with Flaze after he subbed in, it would've been a mislynch despite that Setra seemed suspicious before him. But at least for the moment (though willing to change):

VOTE: Yato

Thanks for the quick catch up then. That makes a bit more sense now.

From what has been said and what I read, Zima did seem suspicious but as @FinalArcadia; rightly said, in the Futurama mafia if that had happened with Setra/Flaze it would've been a bad choice. So I'm hesitant to go fro Yato as well solely based on what Zima did, but I do feel suspicions towards that and so will:

Vote: Yato

for the time being. @Yato; (hard question to follow, I know.... but) why do you think Zima acted the way he did if it wasn't in order to hide something/out something/get an easy lynch?

Thanks for the quick catch up then. That makes a bit more sense now.

From what has been said and what I read, Zima did seem suspicious but as @FinalArcadia; rightly said, in the Futurama mafia if that had happened with Setra/Flaze it would've been a bad choice. So I'm hesitant to go fro Yato as well solely based on what Zima did, but I do feel suspicions towards that and so will:

Vote: Yato

for the time being. @Yato; (hard question to follow, I know.... but) why do you think Zima acted the way she did if it wasn't in order to hide something/out something/get an easy lynch?

Which of Zima's actions do you not understand? Because there's been a lot of things going on Day 1, so I don't know what to reply...?

How do you feel about the claim of Zima's, being that it happened even earlier than FtV's had? Especially when miller is also pretty much impossible to prove outside of a lie detector or rolecop?
@FinalArcadia;

Well, I'm not sure, to be honest. On the one hand, miller is a very common mafia fake claim, because they can get out of guilty copchecks and, as you said, its nearly impossible to prove/disprove.

On the other hand, this is a game about criminals, as I said. A miller role would make sense.

@Marius;I'm not sure I agree with the Miller claim being possible because it's a game "about criminals" (as the same could be said for basically any game with villains), but the fact that almost every case's plot involves framing and false accusations leads to believe that it's definitely possible. Not saying that Yato IS our miller, but there is almost certainly a miller somewhere.

Never took the theme into account but now that it's mentioned, it would suit having a miller or two. I'd be happy to let Yato be for now and focus on someone else. Maybe one of the more inactive players. @Mijzelffan; I've noticed you viewing the thread a few times without adding anything, what are your thoughts?

Mid Phase Vote Tally:

Yato - II (FinalArcadia, harryheart)

tumblr_mtq4j7AwoG1qlf062o2_400.png

tumblr_mtq4j7AwoG1qlf062o1_400.png

tumblr_mtq4j7AwoG1qlf062o3_400.png

tumblr_mtq4j7AwoG1qlf062o4_400.png

tumblr_mtq4j7AwoG1qlf062o5_400.png

Last edited:

I had no idea about the bomb bit, that sorta makes me edgy.

But would it not also suit the theme to have a tailor in the game? (Pun not intended, I swear)

In that case, it might very well be that we wouldn't be able to tell if Yato is Mafia or not, even if we go through with the lynch. Not that I like it, but... It'll be very hard to confirm anyone's role in this game at all, if I'm predicting this right.

Vote: No Lynch

In a game like this, I really think Power Roles will be our only saving grace, and cooperation among power roles and the Town members they trust. That more than anything.

A side comment. How likely is it, in a small game, for there to be both lovers AND a Mafia bomb. Doesn't that seem a bit... Overpowered?

Mijz has been viewing the thread extensively, but not posting. Lurking is a classic mafia tell.

Vote: Mijzellfan

What do you think of the game so far? No worries, I'll remove the vote as soon as you give an answer (so long as it makes sense). I want to hear what you have to say.

Edit- @ZunoRai.; do you have anything to say? Besides your worries about lynching a power role day one, I can't seem to find any posts by you.

Never took the theme into account but now that it's mentioned, it would suit having a miller or two.
Hmm, it would be kind of unfair to the town to have two millers though when you take into account that there were lovers-- which is a detrimental role once one is killed. I already don't fully trust the miller claim we have, so if another one came up I'd think that was suspicious.

About Mijzelffan, you bring up a good point. I've also seen him looking through the thread a lot, but he never seems to post anything. That might be because there isn't much to say since we killed an independent and that didn't generate any new discussion, but it's still important to have everyone participating rather than just actively lurking.

I feel like the lynch on Yato would be a bad move. There's almost certainly at least one miller given the theme, Zima was likely preoccupied with whatever caused her to need to leave the game (explaining her 'suspicious' behavior), the reverse psychology it would take to pull off almost trying to get lynched while being mafia would be insane and to be honest out of character for her (who has expressed in previous Mafia QTs how lying at all is difficult for her), and it seems unfair to Yato to lynch him for the (likely easily explainable) actions of Zima.

GliscorMan, you are correct that a tailor would make sense in a game based on the AA series. That's another good thing to keep in mind, and I'd almost bet money that there's either a tailor or a framer in this game somewhere.

EDIT: And Marius, don't be so sure. It's definitely worth interrogating about, but it's also a common 'tell' for Doctors, some Cops, and Bombs.

Last edited:

I click the thread to unbold it out of habit (and I also check it whenever I'm mentioned) but I hadn't actually read any post since the phasechange untill now. Crackfox is giving me mafia vibes but I won't use meta to make a case. I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

vote: yato

I click the thread to unbold it out of habit (and I also check it whenever I'm mentioned) but I hadn't actually read any post since the phasechange untill now. Crackfox is giving me mafia vibes but I won't use meta to make a case. I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

I don't mind you using meta. I'm interested to know what i'm doing that is making you suspicious.

Vote: Mijzelffan

Not because he voted me but because of his lurking and the convenient way in which he finds me suspicious after I arouse suspicion on him.

Well, I suppose I better keep my word. I do find it somewhat odd that Mijzellfan magically appeared and explained herself the moment there were votes on her, and I do think it would be good to keep an eye on her, but I'll unvote for now.

Unvote: Mijzellfan

Also, like Lysandre said, we really wouldn't want to go lynching a doctor or a bomb, would we?

I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

Vote: Mijzelffan
You're not voting me for what I did, but for what Zima did.

I agree with Yato that it's a bit unfair to lynch him solely based on likely unrelated behavior from the person he was subbing for. Furthermore, Mijzelffan...
a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.
This reeks of scum. A mislynch, after losing both lovers and not getting scum D1 especially, would be a very bad thing at this point, be it on a miller or a vanilla or on any other role. Pushing for a lynch on someone because the person before them who QUIT didn't seem like they were playing properly (which is more likely to do with the reasons why they quit than their in game alignment) and because they wouldn't be "much of value lost" is the most suspicious thing so far.

VOTE: Mijzelffan

Yato and Zima have the same role. If zima was acting suspicious because she was mafia then it's not wise to disregard that just because she subbed out and yato took over her role.

I agree with Yato that it's a bit unfair to lynch him solely based on likely unrelated behavior from the person he was subbing for. Furthermore, Mijzelffan...
This reeks of scum. A mislynch, after losing both lovers and not getting scum D1 especially, would be a very bad thing at this point, be it on a miller or a vanilla or on any other role. Pushing for a lynch on someone because the person before them who QUIT didn't seem like they were playing properly (which is more likely to do with the reasons why they quit than their in game alignment) and because they wouldn't be "much of value lost" is the most suspicious thing so far.

You seem awfully convinced there's gonna be a mislynch if we vote yato. Is there anything you know that we don't Lysandre? Zima (who is now yato) was suspicious, has a suspicious claim and I'd say has a high chance to be mafia based on that. On top of that, IF he turns out not to be mafia there is nothing of value lost. We're not lynching someone we know is innocent because their role is useless, we're lynching someone suspicious. And then if they turn out to be innocent then it doesn't matter much because the role they claimed is useless. You're trying to excuse anything fishy zima did just because she quit? That's not very smart, if everyone was like you mafia would just have to sub out the moment they're under fire and live on forever.

Only what I've stated before. I don't think we should give Yato a free pass, but I know Zima well enough to know I don't think she'd be capable of the reverse psychology this scheme would have taken. She made it clear in one of her mafia qts that she can hardly bring herself to lie, let alone form a web this complex. I have no idea if Yato would be a mislynch or not, what I'm calling out is you acting like it'd be okay if he is a miller and if it is a mislynch because it would be nothing of value lost, when any townie at this point is something of value lost. I'm not claiming it'd be a mislynch, I'm pointing out that your statement about it being fine if it IS a mislynch is scummier than anything Yato OR Zima have done thus far.

Yato and Zima have the same role. If zima was acting suspicious because she was mafia then it's not wise to disregard that just because she subbed out and yato took over her role.

You seem awfully convinced there's gonna be a mislynch if we vote yato. Is there anything you know that we don't Lysandre? Zima (who is now yato) was suspicious, has a suspicious claim and I'd say has a high chance to be mafia based on that. On top of that, IF he turns out not to be mafia there is nothing of value lost. We're not lynching someone we know is innocent because their role is useless, we're lynching someone suspicious. And then if they turn out to be innocent then it doesn't matter much because the role they claimed is useless. You're trying to excuse anything fishy zima did just because she quit? That's not very smart, if everyone was like you mafia would just have to sub out the moment they're under fire and live on forever.

Zima was suspicious. So you're voting me, a completely different person, for what someone else did? Just because I subbed in and took the role? You haven't said anything about me. What about my actions? Have any of my actions looked suspicious to you?

Also, players shouldn't be just mislynched so easily just because they have a useless role. Vanillas contribute to the game with their vote. Going by your logic, it should be okay to mislynch Vanillas since nothing of value would be lost. But no. Votes count. Every vote counts. I can use my vote to save myself or lynch someone. The existence of every player is valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom