• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

My suspicion is now directly on all those who voted Yato. More specifically, harryheart and Mijzelffan. FinalArcadia too, to an extent, but not as much as the first two.

With harryheart, I believe I already brought this up, but I'm going to bring it up again.

From what has been said and what I read, Zima did seem suspicious but as FinalArcadia; rightly said, in the Futurama mafia if that had happened with Setra/Flaze it would've been a bad choice. So I'm hesitant to go fro Yato as well solely based on what Zima did, but I do feel suspicions towards that and so will:

Vote: Yato

You pretty much just flat-out said that you were hesitant, and that you thought it might end badly, but you went and voted Yato anyways. What logical sense does that make? If you think something is going to end badly, you don't do it.

Now, for Mijzelffan, let's count the list of sins...

Crackfox is giving me mafia vibes but I won't use meta to make a case. I guess I'll vote Yato because zima was acting pretty weird and a miller wouldn't be much of value lost.

Lurks the thread for a while, then just comes in to place a vote with reasoning that makes my face hurt just reading it. Completely ignores the previous discussion regarding Zima and her activity, and simply takes Zima's posts at face value.

What is extremely irritating though is the "miller wouldn't be much of value lost." I mean, seriously?? I already said this, but I feel the need to reiterate: Losing town members is a bad thing, period. Doctor, Vanilla, ultimate miller mason with one copcheck and half a vigilante shot, I don't care what role a person is. If they're are town, they are worth keeping around. This is just so frustrating and absolutely screams scum to me.

You seem awfully convinced there's gonna be a mislynch if we vote yato. Is there anything you know that we don't Lysandre? Zima (who is now yato) was suspicious, has a suspicious claim and I'd say has a high chance to be mafia based on that. On top of that, IF he turns out not to be mafia there is nothing of value lost. We're not lynching someone we know is innocent because their role is useless, we're lynching someone suspicious. And then if they turn out to be innocent then it doesn't matter much because the role they claimed is useless. You're trying to excuse anything fishy zima did just because she quit? That's not very smart, if everyone was like you mafia would just have to sub out the moment they're under fire and live on forever.

Immediately puts the pressure on Lysandre because Lysandre didn't mindlessly follow the herd and actually had the gumption to think for himself. As if somehow it makes Lysandre suspicious that he didn't vote for Yato. I absolutely agree with Lysandre's reasoning 100%, and the fact that Mij pretty much tried to place suspicion on Lysandre for not voting Yato makes me even more wary.

Only a foolish fool from a land of fools could think something so foolishly foolish, I grow tired of the foolish foolery of the foolish fools of this foolish country. -Franziska von Karma

Ad Hominem.

I'm the cop. Is outing myself like this risky? Yes but I'm already at risk so I can't make it much worse. Is outing myself smart? Still smarter than dying so the miller can live.

Since Mij can't defend their position logically (since it was pretty illogical to begin with) we then have this gem of a claim to save themselves. I'm sorry, but after the back and forth discussion we've had, and then we have this claim, and they won't even reveal whom they checked, just that "they were town," you'll forgive me if I call your bluff. It's a shaky claim at best, and it's blatantly false at worse.

Once again pretending that the miller is some kind of awful, evil role that must be lynched immediately or else the whole town might blow up...

I'd appreciate any unvotes and I'd appreciate any votes to yato even more.

... once again insisting that Yato is clearly the scummiest player alive and should be killed without remorse. Once again lacking any sort of sound argument against Yato.

So everyone, tell me again how that lynch against Yato was just such a wonderful idea. I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 2 - When I Am Dead, Then You Will Real

The things is, I would expect Mijz to know better than to fakeclaim cop, knowing how easily it's disproved, but we can't forget that he was looking at death anyway so really he had nothing to lose. I find it strange that he wont tell us which player received an innocent check. If he wont share his findings with us, it's pretty pointless him having that role. I've claimed to Mijzelffan privately and he says that he trusts me. So hopefully our communication will continue. For now, I'm willing to believe him. I don't see any counterclaims after all.

Today's update will be half a hour late! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

@CrackFox; While Mijz's behavior may be skeptical and his voting more than a little bit illogical, we have to accept the fact that he is likely to be our cop. Fakeclaims don't happen like that, at least very often.

You bring up concern about him not reporting his innocent check in-thread. Except that is literally the last thing you want to do as a Cop. If you out the innocent, sure you get someone you can trust, but if the Doctor is doing his job and protecting the Cop claim, it can be guaranteed that the innocent check (if outted) will be killed by the Mafia, putting everyone back at square one.

It's common knowledge that you don't out innocent checks, especially because of the above and because they might be the Godfather. I'm surprised that, despite all of your experience, you appear not to know this.

@CrackFox; If you claimed to him and he trusts you, did he not end up giving you what the check was? You don't have to say what it was here of course, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if he told you who he checked since he trusts you.

Right now I'm thinking along the same lines as Gibbs. The fact that it would be so hard to fakeclaim does give me pause, but the absolute gung-ho certainty/pushing that lynching Yato would be a good idea and the ad-hominem, sarcastic attacks on all who disagreed (and ended up being correct) don't settle well with me. I admitted I wasn't certain that Yato would be town, but Mij was flat out CONVINCED that lynching Yato was the solution and continued pushing the rather scummy argument that somehow a mislynch doesn't matter if the lynchee is a 'non-valuable' role, even after I called him out on it. If he is the cop, then there's a lot of irony in him telling me that my argument/playstyle was "not very smart" and would lead to the mafia winning "every time" when he's the one who seems fine with mislynches and pushes for them when the numbers are as against us as they are right now.

@CrackFox; If you claimed to him and he trusts you, did he not end up giving you what the check was? You don't have to say what it was here of course, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm just wondering if he told you who he checked since he trusts you.

He didn't. He just said he believes my claim. I've PM'd him not long ago, asking about the innocent check and if he has contacted them yet.

I don't think it's bad to out innocent checks. I doubt the mafia are going to pounce on a player just because of that. In my experience, cops usually find someone they trust to inform the thread about the results. Since Mijz had already told the thread who he was, I didn't see the problem. I understand his reason for not doing so I guess. I think the big worry here is if the mafia have a strongman. Then it wont take a genius to guess who's gonna die tonight.

I don't see any counterclaims after all.

I'm hesitant to wait for the counter-claim because we have quite a few inactive players who could be the real cop and simply haven't seen the claim in thread yet. Either that or the real cop's first check was actually mafia and they don't have anyone they can trust. I still don't trust Mij's claim though. To me it comes across as a desperate attempt to save oneself from certain doom.

I don't see any counterclaims after all.

I'm hesitant to wait for the counter-claim because we have quite a few inactive players who could be the real cop and simply haven't seen the claim in thread yet. Either that or the real cop's first check was actually mafia and they don't have anyone they can trust. I still don't trust Mij's claim though. To me it comes across as a desperate attempt to save oneself from certain doom.

Let's look at it this way. Give equal probability for Mijz being Town and Mijz being Mafia (which, in fact, it isn't because it's more likely statistically that each of us is Town). Give the same situation to a random Towny Cop and a random Mafia. If you assume that the Mafia member will always fakeclaim Cop, you quickly find that they'll behave in exactly the same way.

You guys are already all set that Mijz clearly must be Mafia because his suspicions turned out to be wrong. Look at me, for example, in the last game of Mafia I played. I acted on my suspicions and suggested that someone be killed by a vigilante for their odd voting patterns. As it turns out, they were actually Cop, which would've been really bad had they been shot.

The nature of the game is that your reads have to change. That's how it works. Reads are usually based on who is acting unusually. Mijz acted out of character and bizarrely, advocating a lynch with little reasoning that turned out to be correct. Let us not forget that it was a common consensus that we were going to lynch Zima before Yato subbed in. Now that Mijz has claimed Cop, there's an explanation for his bizarre behavior.

His claim can't be disproven unless someone counterclaims Cop. Odds are, he's the real one.

Let's do this officially, if everyone else is wary of this.

1. @GastlyGibus;
2. @ZunoRai.;
3. @harryheart;
4. @Marius;
6. @CrackFox;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Lysandre;
11. @Joltik;
12. @Momoka;
15. @Flaze;
16. @Squall Leonhart;

Do any of you claim to be the Cop? If not, we must assume that Mijz is our Cop and get on with our discussions based on that.

@GliscorMan; but what makes you think maybe the real cop doesn't know who to trust, and is afraid to claim? Claiming in-thread is insanely dangerous for a power role, and claiming privately is much better. You have to remember that its only night 2. Reads, especially for less experienced players, are underdeveloped at this point. It's hard to know who to trust, and the cop has the duty of keeping themselves safe for the good of the town. Wouldn't it make sense if the real cop was keeping their mouth shut to protect themselves?

There are quite a few inactive players who haven't exactly come in to say much. It'd certainly be helpful if they were to speak up a bit more, so we could make sure none of the inactive players were the actual cop or whatnot. Marius brings up a good point, as well. There's kind of no one who is confirmed at this point, so privately contacting someone and telling them "hey i'm the real cop" would be dangerous. Especially since we're not in the best position right now, we really should be careful as to who we decide to lynch from this point on.

Also, I don't think it was the fact that Mijzelffan was wrong with his suspicion, it was more of his demeanor and the fact that he was actively lurking before the heat went onto him.

Now that Mijz has claimed Cop, there's an explanation for his bizarre behavior.

I fail to see how being cop excuses his behavior. The way he so adamantly pushed for the lynch against Yato with little to no reasoning for said lynch, even when presented with facts that could have meant Yato's innocence. He completely disregarded those facts and just stuck with the shaky "well Zima was suspicious so meh" story.

Do any of you claim to be the Cop? If not, we must assume that Mijz is our Cop and get on with our discussions based on that.

"Yeah guys I'm totes the cop Mij is a liar lynch them."

#problemsolved

Tell me I'm not the only one who sees how dangerous and risky that is. As Marius has pointed out, it's only night 2. Most, if not all, mafia games have a Godfather role, and we just showed that we had a Miller, so cop checks, as of right now, are unreliable. Without having someone they trust, the cop is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Seeing that somebody is lying, but unable to do anything about it lest they endanger themselves.

Do you honestly think the cop is just going to come out and claim publicly? Of course not. Then you say "Well then they could claim privately!" but again, that's assuming they have anybody they can trust. If they're like me, and I don't trust anybody, then you can see how problematic it would be for the real cop to counter claim.

Despite the claim of cop, Mij has been acting incredibly anti-town. Pushing for lynches with no evidence, casting suspicion on anybody who doubts them, and then making an important claim when the suspicion falls to them to save their skins. It's all straight out of the mafia handbook.

You may be right. I'm not 100% convinced at all but I'm hoping to have some more dialogue with him which will help me decide either way.

That did go badly, and I apologise for my part in it, but one thing to note is that you are taking my words out of context @GastlyGibus; @Momoka;

I said I was hesitant, not that I didn't want to do it or thought it was a bad idea. From what I saw of Zima, and the Miller claim, I thought it was easy to go unnoticed as mafia. So, in turn, voted Yato despite my hesitant feelings! I felt it would be better, and give us information. I apologise @Yato; that my suspicions were wrong, but I stand by them!

I also believe Mijz claim! I think it'd be incredibly stupid and silly to lie. Now that's not saying it's not 100% correct but until someone counter claims I will believe it.

@Mijzelffan; You seemed pretty adamant and sure of yourself about the lynch against Yato. Was there some private source that gave you information that caused this or were you suspicious only because of Zima's behavior and the miller claim?

With like two hours left untill the phase change I didn't expect unvotes to happen as quickly as they did and votes on yato could at least take some of the pressure off me. Fun fact, at the time of my claim literally no one was marked as online except crackfox and humandawn and the former wouldn't reply. That was my main reasoning really. Besides that I was just really adamant about people trying to disregard everything zima did just because she subbed out, which is not right.

No one has counterclaimed my claim, not even through a proxy so you know there's that.

Do you honestly think the cop is just going to come out and claim publicly? Of course not. Then you say "Well then they could claim privately!" but again, that's assuming they have anybody they can trust. If they're like me, and I don't trust anybody, then you can see how problematic it would be for the real cop to counter claim.

Despite the claim of cop, Mij has been acting incredibly anti-town. Pushing for lynches with no evidence, casting suspicion on anybody who doubts them, and then making an important claim when the suspicion falls to them to save their skins. It's all straight out of the mafia handbook.

Yes. There's still a doctor you know, they wouldn't have much to lose. But alas here we are. You and Momoka are very desperate to come up with flimsy excuses as to why I wouldn't be the cop even though I am still un-counterclaimed.

Also I'm not telling you who I checked. You still want to lynch me even though I'm uncounter-claimed cop, I don't know a more anti-town thing than that. I'm not going to tell people like that who I checked. I'd just be painting a big target on their backs for the mafia to come kill them too.

1. @GastlyGibus;
2. @ZunoRai.;
3. @harryheart;
4. @Marius;
6. @CrackFox;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Lysandre;
10. @GliscorMan;
11. @Joltik;
12. @Momoka;
13. @Mijzelffan;
15. @Flaze;
16. @Squall Leonhart;

Day 3 - Shadows

There was simply no way to describe her as anything other than a source of light. Why, it seemed as if she must have been born from the very sun itself, given her ever-cheerful disposition; a bright, beautiful sunrise, nary a cloud in the sky. That was who she was, really. And because of that, the very notion that she could disappear was ludicrous. Absolute ludicrous. It had to be. No person's heart could be so frozen over, so twisted, that they could even entertain the thought of harming her.

But it seemed as if an eclipse was to overtake the courtroom today, regardless of how impossible it seemed. Perhaps the rain from the night—the pitch-black, all-consuming stormclouds and their furious downpour—was foreshadowing, in some twisted way; for they overtook the moon and even the dawn as it feebly attempted to break the horizon, as if the weather was determined to paint the bleakest picture possible. There was not even a glimmer of light breaking through the clouds, naught but darkness plaguing what felt like the entire world.

With her presence gone, it seemed, all sunshine ceased to exist. And in turn, the hope in everyone's hearts began to wilt, just as the flowers would without their sun.

Dear CrackFox,

You are:

Trucy Wright
200px-Trucy-AA5.png
"They always say that, on stage, you should hit the crowd with speed and ferocity!"

The adopted daughter of Phoenix Wright for eight years. After Phoenix lost his lawyer's badge, he adopted Trucy because she had no one to take care of her after her father disappeared. Your father who was a magician has taught you many tricks to use to entertain people. You wish to follow his footsteps and became a great and famous magician like him with your own unique tricks and audience. You are also good at ventriloquism, having a wooden doll you call Mr. Hat with you.

With your magic tricks, you are an Ascetic. Once every Night Phase if you wish, you can pick a player and that player will be unable to be affected by night actions, excluding roles that can kill a player in the Night Phase. For example, if doctor protection is given to a player and you used your ascetic on the same player, then that player will not be affected by the protection. If they're cop checked, the user won't get a result. You have to PM both hosts Ascetic: PLAYER during the Night Phase and that player will be made ascetic.

You are allied with Justice. To win you must defeat the Unjust.

CrackFox has been kidnapped. She was Trucy Wright, allied with Justice.

It is now Day 3. The phase will end in approximately forty-eight hours at 10pm (GMT +1) on May 12th, 2014.

Last edited:

And that is why I'm not gonna reveal in the thread who I've contacted, they'll get killed. :/

Oh well. Thanks for letting me play @HumanDawn; and @Clusiana;. Good luck town!

Mjzelffan said:
You and Momoka are very desperate to come up with flimsy excuses
? I haven't even said much against you? I asked you a question before and after that I provided reasons as to why I thought your actions have been anti-town. Regardless of whether you are the cop or not, your actions are what I've found noteworthy so I've said them. I've looked back at my posts that I made during the nightphase, and I'm really not spotting what you consider to be flimsy excuses.

Well im back.

Im really sorry. Ive got new wifi so i should be more active :D

Right now i have no suspicipns. But im just saying (obvious or not) thzt we should be careful with our lynches. This is definetly going in Mafia's favour. Our best lynch if any had to be the independant (unless i missed one) i know i was one of the afk people, but we really should ask a Inactive player some questions. Just to see what they think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom