• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 6 - BAD END - ENDGAME MAFIA WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 3 - Shadows

I'm still curious as to why Yato was "the best choice for now." We had plenty of discussion and debate as to why Yato wasn't the best choice, but you just ignored those points and voted Yato anyways. Both you and harryheart expressed your doubts and hesitation, but you went through with the votes anyways. I would very much like to know why
She was the best choice in my eyes because miller is a suspicious claim in itself with how it lends itself to mafia fakeclaims, to claim for what was pretty much no reason at all was VERY bizarre (and on D1 at that?) and when there was not hardly any indication of the alignment of others at that point it becomes even stranger. And the weirdest thing of all was that Zima kept saying she'd be fine with a lynch on her, yet she was so cagey with just outright saying a claim that she was willing to give away to a seemingly random PM, it didn't make any sense to me. I know that she subbed out and people said maybe that was the reason behind her behavior, but I've seen Zima sometimes make some sneaky moves as mafia and was not as quick to write it off.

There was discussion on the subject, but that doesn't mean I agreed with what was discussed and I also didn't see anyone give a better choice for a lynch - outside of voting Mijz which came late and thankfully didn't go through anyway - and so I voted Yato because nothing else had stood out to me like the Zima/Farfetchd D1 debacle. The doubts came because I had the Futurama game fresh in my mind and in hindsight should've gone with that, but outside of lynches where a copcheck or the like is involved, there's always doubt and I'm not one to let that hold me back from voting if I have suspicions. It may be a bit reckless, but that's kind of how I roll, for better or for worse.

Also, I'll try to be a bit more active now since I'm close to finishing my current major assignments for school, so that should give me more time to contribute.

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Night 3 - Evolution 12/05/2014

Aw, brilliant! Always great when that hunch turns out to be correct. Especially with the Strongman out, our Doctor fellow can easily keep Mijz alive for the rest of the game. And when I say that, I mean actually protect him. We can't have any of this WIFOM getting the power role killed.

And uh, well. I guess this might make me a target. No problem, though, I can defend myself now that the Strongman's out of the way. No worries, there.

The double-role Mafia makes me think that there might be fewer Mafia than I had anticipated. Probably a Godfather/Framer combo and another? That would fit Ace Attorney pretty well, right?

Aw, yeah!
@GliscorMan; that combo sounds like it would be sort of OP, don't you think? I haven't played Ace Attorney, so I don't know, maybe it fits the game, but it doesn't seem fair to the cop. Neither guilty nor innocent checks could be trusted.

Aw, yeah!
@GliscorMan; that combo sounds like it would be sort of OP, don't you think? I haven't played Ace Attorney, so I don't know, maybe it fits the game, but it doesn't seem fair to the cop. Neither guilty nor innocent checks could be trusted.

Well it would fit with the scheme of things, especially with how the one Mafia member we got had 2 useful abilities. I've seen some incredibly overpowered Mafia members before, but only in games with only a few players and maybe 2-3 Mafia.

A godfather/framer is a possibility, since it could pretty much fit for any Dual Destinies (or Ace Attorney in general) criminal.

More specifically, (putting this under a spoiler just in case)

Florent L'Belle, since Ted Tonate is most likely a mafia bomb.

With this series you'd expect the mafia to have a lawyer, harharhar.

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 3 - Shadows

Okay, so first I just want to get one thing out of the way.

I realize now that a lot of my posts so far have been... well, kind of snarky and sarcastic, and may have come across as more than a little rude (no kidding?!). I tend to let this game get to my head, and sometimes I just overreact and fly off the handle (ya don't say?). So, if my posts have offended you in any way, I offer my sincerest apologies. I'm trying to be better at this, so bear with me. Heh.

And no, this apology isn't some cheap attempt to look town. xD Do not let this change your opinion of my alignment. Mafia or town, I should be more kind either way. It is a game, after all, so we should be having fun. I'm sorry if I'm ruining that fun for anybody.

SO! Anyways, onto the situation at hand.

First off, Momoka being mafia... that came out of left field, honestly. Her revenge-vote on Gliscor was pretty suspicious, but other than that... wow. Totally unexpected, to be sure.

I don't think you understand that, if the Mafia were to counterclaim or otherwise falsely claim Cop, they would be sacrificing that member should they kill the real Cop. That's really the element that you keep missing, and why I keep repeating that your arguments are invalid; they assume that, if the real Cop flips, the person who claimed Cop and lied is not guaranteed to be Mafia.

No, I do realize that. I pointed that out in my previous wall post. Here:

The second reason, and this is the biggest one, is that this could very well be a ploy to draw out the real cop, and remove them from the game. Again, this is assuming they have a strongman. And even if they don't, they still know the identity of the cop, which is still a danger to us, strongman or not. One dead mafioso is a fair tradeoff for removing arguably one of the most beneficial power roles to the town.

I realize it's an incredibly farfetched idea for mafia to bus their own member just to lure out a cop claim, but I'm not denying that it's a possibility. But I'm willing to admit that it is a rather out-there idea, and we still don't have a counter-claim, so I'm not going to pursue Mij anymore until something new comes up.

And sorry I find you suspicious for doubting a cop claim that has a very good chance of being true (and at this point, has practically been proven to be true). Of course I understand not believing everything you're told, since this is a mafia game, but it’s highly debatable someone apart of the mafia would claim cop in the open, when there's an incredible chance they'll get counterclaimed.

Like I said, extremely unlikely, but still worth mentioning. I don't think it's been entirely proven that Mij is cop, but it's very unlikely that he's lying at this point. Just something to keep in mind.

Well, as good as it is that we killed a mafia, this puts me back at square one with suspicions. I'm still a bit wary of FinalArcadia's reasoning, though only just so. It's not enough to make me think she's definitely scum. Same goes for harryheart. Everybody else is just annoyingly neutral... I really don't have any idea. Come next night-phase, we should hopefully have more information.

The double-role Mafia makes me think that there might be fewer Mafia than I had anticipated. Probably a Godfather/Framer combo and another? That would fit Ace Attorney pretty well, right?

As logical as that is, the original post and game information mentions four murder cases. Unless it's an attempt to mislead us, I think it's safe to assume that there are indeed four mafioso. Well, three now, since we managed to lynch one.

Last edited:

@GastlyGibus; the posts of mine that you quoted contain exactly what I was saying, that I was hesitant. I was referring to the Futurama mafia as a bad idea and saying that I could see it not working (therefore hesitant) but that it was all I could see to do at the time. I don't know who's suspicious now... you're posts have seemed to jump out at me, not out of aggressiveness but more your huge defence of Momoka and suspicions of Mijz.

GastlyGibus the posts of mine that you quoted contain exactly what I was saying, that I was hesitant. I was referring to the Futurama mafia as a bad idea and saying that I could see it not working (therefore hesitant) but that it was all I could see to do at the time. I don't know who's suspicious now... you're posts have seemed to jump out at me, not out of aggressiveness but more your huge defence of Momoka and suspicions of Mijz.

"Huge defense?" I don't recall "defending" Momoka. I questioned GliscorMan on why Momoka's posts were giving him "blatant scumtells" in his own words. GliscorMan was obviously seeing something I wasn't, and he was correct, as we can all see. GliscorMan explained himself after the phase, and now that I can see his reasoning more clearly, it makes more sense.

I don't see how that's a "huge defense" of Momoka. I wanted GliscorMan to explain his reasoning more in-depth, and I pointed out why we (Momoka and I) thought Mij was suspicious. That's not a defense as much as it's "I don't know why you voted Momoka please explain yourself." Now that we see Momoka is mafia, and we know she was casually trying to pin blame/fish information out of Mij, I'm nearly convinced now that Mij is who they say they are. I highly doubt mafia would pressure their own members like that if Mij was mafia.

I'm also quite convinced of Mijz's innocence at this point. Gibbs has explained/retracted his suspicions on him as well, Harry, I'm not sure why you won't let that go. I also thought he was suspicious at first when it looked like his cop claim was an end of phase desperate attempt to get one last mislynch in, but we've all changed our tune now we're this far in with no counterclaim. Gibus has been one of the most vocal players so far and explained himself well, I'm not very concerned about him. He's been the most actively scumhunting one among us all.

When I get a chance later I'm going to back through the entire thread again and post reads. It's about time someone did, I suppose.

Re: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies Mafia - Day 4 - Yokai Attack 13/05/2014

1. @GastlyGibus;
2. @ZunoRai.;
3. @harryheart;
4. @Marius;
8. @FinalArcadia;
9. @Lysandre;
10. @GliscorMan;
11. @Joltik;
13. @Mijzelffan;
15. @Flaze;
16. @Squall Leonhart;

Day 4 - Yokai Attack

The night was a peaceful one, as after a case was solved people were more at ease that they could actually succeed. Unfortunately for one person they were seen as being way too troublesome, they had to be eliminated before they could do more harm. Their power was causing them enough trouble, and the more they knew, the closer they would be to figuring them out.

Jinxie Tenma was an intelligently hard working girl. She would do anything to make her father Damien Tenma happy to make up for how much he cared for her when she was younger. She could do with more sleep, but that was not in her interests. She was powerful, and her charms actually worked on bad people, yokai or not. Her role would be of a lot of use, and because of her intelligence as well it was more the reason to get rid of her.

She picked a target, and used her great charms and physical skills to disable the person of her choosing without them knowing. Suddenly, a shadow crept on her and attacked her, making her both unable to move and unconscious. The following day, when she did not come to neither home or court, Damien Tenma cried in desperation, but now with more determination to find the culprits and save his daughter.

Jinxie Tenma
170px-Jinxie_Tenma.png
"B-Be gone, yokai!"

The daughter of Damian Tenma who helps maintaining the village. She believes yokai are real, but it's really just her lack of sleep working overtime and worrying for her father making her see hallucinations. You are a kind but very timid girl who finds it difficult to trust people in case they could be yokai, and also a friend of Trucy.

With your yokai repellent charms repelling what is evil, you are a Roleblocker. This role will block any Night Actions made by a player, preventing them from occurring. To use it, simply PM both hosts Roleblock: PLAYER during the Night Phase.

You are allied with Justice. To win you must defeat the Unjust.

Gliscorman was kidnapped. They were allied with Justice.

It is now Day 4. This phase will end in 48 hours at 10PM GMT+1 15/05/2014.

Dang it, I hate dying. Especially to yokai. I didn't even get to use all the gifs I saved up...

Wellington_Breakdown_1.gif

Oh well. Good luck, Town! Thanks for letting me play.

So, who wants to claim their role to good 'ol Mijzelffan now that the mean mafia is roleblocking him? And maybe more importantly, who has any good ideas on who's suspicious?

I got a suspicion, and I'm surprised more people haven't pointed it out to be honest. Zunorai

It honestly seems like he hasn't offered anything at all over the course of the game while occasionally piping up just to say, 'hey guys I'm still here nothing important to say ok bye'.

Or at least, that's how I read it. I understand he may be new to mafias, but he comes online often enough to be more active, and he should be able to take a lesson on how to scumhunt from others in-thread.

He did mention having Internet troubles, but they apparently weren't bad enough to ask for a sub, and he is apparently active online enough to host his own game (Kirby Mafia), so that's either an expired excuse or a lie.

@ZunoRai.; do you care to answer to these compelling charges?

Last edited:

Intrigued to see the response to Marius' post.

Also @Lysandre; I don't understand what I'm not dropping. At the point I responded, it was to a point from GG, and then I simply explained why his behaviour had struck me. At that point GG hadn't said that he fully believed Mijz either, in fact he said that he'd wait until other information came up to support him, that was the basic jist at least!

GG I apologise if I got the Momoka thing wrong, but I'm sure you defended his actions and suspicious... ?

Harryheart, forgive me if I misunderstood your intentions. You appeared to be redirecting suspicion at him based on the same thing he's been pounced on several times for, which I didn't find to be a very suspicious stance at all. Not claiming you are suspicious, just throwing in my own two cents regarding his suspicious nature (or in this case, lackthereof).

I've compiled a list of the votes thus far in the game from players who are still alive, with one exception marked with an asterisk, because though GliscorMan is dead and was town, his vote might be worth noting as Joltik voted him D1 after he'd voted her, though that could be a return joke but still worth mentioning.

These are shown with the first name being the voter, and the arrow pointing to who they voted:

Day 1
*GliscorMan -> Joltik (unvoted) and then Farfetchd the Vigilante
Marius -> Lysandre and then Farfetchd the Vigilante
Mijzelffan -> CrackFox
ZunoRai. -> No Lynch
Joltik -> GliscorMan
GastlyGibus -> Farfetchd the Vigilante
Lysandre -> Farfetchd the Vigilante

Day 2
FinalArcadia -> Yato
Harryheart -> Yato
Marius -> Mijzelffan (unvote before claim)
Mijzelffan -> Yato
Lysandre -> Mijzelffan
GastlyGibus -> Mijzelffan and then No Lynch

Day 3
Mijzelffan -> Momoka
GastlyGibus -> FinalArcadia (unvote)

Marius's vote on D2 is kind of interesting in that her unvote took place before Mijz claimed. When she'd placed the vote, she'd said:

Marius said:
Mijz has been viewing the thread extensively, but not posting. Lurking is a classic mafia tell.

Vote: Mijzellfan

What do you think of the game so far? No worries, I'll remove the vote as soon as you give an answer (so long as it makes sense). I want to hear what you have to say.
The first sentence makes it sound like Mijz is appearing fairly scummy, yet the latter portion assures him that the vote will be removed pretty easily when he answers. It doesn't really give much pressure that way, and could be an attempt to seem actively scumhunting maybe?

Lysandre left a vote on Mijz the phase he'd claimed, but as I'm not sure if he was online or not by that point, it's hard to tell what's up there.

Another note is that Squall has not actually voted this game, despite being decently active.

Additionally, Joltik has appeared asking about what's happened so far and then acknowledged it:

Joltik said:
So let me get this strait, Zima claimed miller and that was seen as suspicious an d that got Yato lynched. Mijzelffan claimed cop and that kept them from being lynch. Mijzelffan also checked someone and they came up town. Is that right?
Yet she has not come back for much discussion since Yato was lynched, mainly popping in to say that no one was jumping out as suspicious. She also expressed some doubts about Mijz's claim as well.

GastlyGibus was pretty adamant in not trusting Mijz's claim, arguably more so than even Momoka was, and I think that is pretty suspicious. No counter-claims had come while he was still apprehensive. He also was clearly online during the Momoka lynch as he had voted me but then unvoted about 30 minutes later in an edit, and yet did not vote anyone else that phase (notably not the mafioso, Momoka). I find the vote on myself interesting in that it was:

GastlyGibus said:
For the reasons I brought up in my last post. I don't have any other better ideas at the moment, and her reasoning for voting Yato just seems off... >_>
Generally he seems to vote when he's got more certainty preceding the vote, but here just that my reasoning seemed "off" looks a lot more uncertain than his votes tend to be, at least when I've played with him when he is town. GliscorMan was suspicious of GastlyGibus before he died, and it is possible there was some connection there. Right now, he seems most suspicious to me, primarily for his D2 actions in regards to Mijz.

VOTE: GastlyGibus

Thats and expired "excuse" @Marius;

But ive already said i have no suspicions yet.

I see others arent active, but no one points them out. Im sorry if i seem suspicious lol, but sometimes i just cant see a way to respond to some messages. Il try to be more active :)

Thats and expired "excuse" @Marius;

But ive already said i have no suspicions yet.

I see others arent active, but no one points them out. Im sorry if i seem suspicious lol, but sometimes i just cant see a way to respond to some messages. Il try to be more active :)

You have no suspicions, despite everything that's happened? No one stands out to you at all? You can't react to anything going on in-thread?

Now that you mention it :/

Gastly had jumped onto the same 'bandwagon' as Momoka, who was very certain that Mijz claim was fakeclaiming? And now he is certain that Mijz is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom