• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

TEEN: Ace Attorney: Kindred Spirits

Mia Blaze

Objection!
Reaction score
A trip to the Regions goes wrong when Phoenix has to defend the local Gym Leader from a shambolic law system. Along with Apollo and Athena, not to mention a few others, he will show the truth behind being a defender of the people whilst entering a whole new world of spirit channelling through the Aurayan clan and their unusual technique. Will the law system change or will their hopes crumble like ashes?

This is a Crossover between Pokemon and Phoenix Wright I've had for quite some time and have been planning since the winter/spring months of this year. Kindred Spirits is a part of the Ace Attorney: Spirits trilogy and has six cases to its name. This story is rated Teen for Swearing and violence in some detail, maybe not so much at the start but later on, maybe so. Enjoy

Turnabout Kalos: Part 1

Silence ruled the room as the orange, blurry rays of sunlight penetrated through the large windows at the left hand side of the entrance, which was a metallic, bolt covered door. A man stood, amongst the instruments of invention and science, looking down at the body below him. Their eyes were wide, yet dull and colourless, void of emotion, or life for that matter; crimson liquid spilt like rapid rivers from the hole poked into their chest, forming a large puddle around their pale, still figure. The man looked at the tool in his hand, the tip coated in the dead person’s dripping, fresh blood, his breathing laboured and heavy as his mind processed what he had just done. Breaths of horror quickly turned to psychotic laughs of pure craziness as the man realised he was doomed, what he had done could, no, would end his life forever. He continued down that line of thought until something occurred within the mess of facts scrambling around his brain. There was no evidence that could pin him to the crime, not if he made it look like…

His eyes drifted over to the deactivated robot that lay motionless outside in the corridor, just like the body, devoid of warmth, colour or movement. It had no idea on what had just happened, and, even if it did, who the hell would listen to a robot anyway? They were non sentient beings; they were worth scrap when it came to arguing against their human masters. It wasn’t like a robot could testify against him in court, they didn’t have the rights to do that over here in the regions; in the continents however, that was a different story. But this wasn’t a continent, it was a region. His laugh turned into a chuckle as he looked down at the sharp, point headed screwdriver in his hands as a plan formulated in his mind. With once last glance at the blood soaked body, he spoke the last and crucial detail of his plan out loud; it wasn’t like anyone was going to hear him.

“Now, all I have to do is pin it all on that Gym Leader brat.”

“I can’t believe it! We’re actually going to the regions!” An excitable female voice cried out happily as deep blue eyes stared out of the plane’s window. Long, shiny orange hair curled on her lap, tied into a side ponytail with a long blue ribbon that also acted as a headband behind her side swept bangs, which occasionally revealed a small, crescent moon shaped earring from the right ear. A short, yellow jacket with elbow length sleeves, that had upturned cuffs, was worn over a white shirt and blue tie, which was loosely done, complementing the yellow ruffled skirt that was worn with dark black leggings underneath, finished off with white boots that had blue cuffs and zips. Her right hand was covered with a black glove with a gap between the Velcro and main back hand fabric, the fingertips a blue shade which was also present on the palm, however, the fabric cut itself off on the last two fingers of her hand. Around her neck hung a spherical electronic device that hung from a white chain. “I’ve only ever heard about it before… this is so exciting!”

“Athena, you’re not two, you’re twenty,” The male sitting next to her sighed as he spun his golden coloured bracelet, which had an intricate design covering it. “Please just start acting like a slightly responsible adult over being a little kid.” He pushed up the sleeves of his white shirt and adjusted his correctly tightened blue tie, arms brushing against his red waistcoat with a brown backing. His trousers were also red, matching the waistcoat in colour to a T with the hems of the clothing just covering the tops of his brown smart shoes. Dark chestnut orbs stared into his companion’s blue ones with a sense of annoyance, even his spiked “Demon Horned” fringe, which was basically two stands of hair smothered in hair gel to point upwards, wilted slightly from the aforementioned excitement made by the twenty year old female; however, the rest of his hair was still slicked back and didn’t have a strand out of place.

“Oh yeah?! If I’m such a child then you should have seen yourself this morning!” Athena argued, eyebrows furrowed and eyes visibly holding the spark of anger, which was also portrayed by the red colouring the screen her necklace device, A.K.A Widget, had turned. “Practicing your ‘Chords of Steel’ routine multiple times and rushing everyone around to get ready! If I’m a child then you’re a toddler, Apollo Justice!”

Before Apollo could say anything, someone stepped in to quell the rise of fighting; giving the two icy cold glares that matched the colour of his blue eyes. His jet black hair, albeit being natural, was very spiky towards the back of his head with a tuft falling over his forehead. Over a white shirt and light blue waistcoat, he wore a dark blue jacket, just like the one he wore during his early days of lawyering, which matched the colour of his trousers. Unlike his employees, his tie was red and in the pocket of his jacket was a locket, its golden chain visible for all to see. Shiny, polished black shoes rested on the foot rest of the seat in front of his.

“Athena, Apollo. I am warning you. One more peep and neither of you will get to participate in the mock trial tomorrow.” He warned, voice both authoritative and strict, making the two younger defence attorney’s listen in shame.

“Ooo! Polly and Thena got told!” The sing song tone of the teenaged girl sitting next to their boss echoed slightly as she giggled over their teasing. A sparkle shone in her lapis blue eyes, a sparkle of mischief. A light blue top hat with a white band covered part of her deep brown hair which was held in a loose ponytail by a silver clasp. Her golden diamond shaped earing which was on her left ear matched the four shapes embroidered onto her black dress. A red scarf was tied with a bow around her neck and a blue cloak hung from her shoulders, clasped with a green diamond which was encased by a silver coloured metal, with pink and green patterns of hearts, clubs, diamonds and spades lined on white background at the jagged edges of the material, which was decorated with golden spheres. She wore white gloves on her hands, matching her white boots which had black sole that were shown over black knee high socks. A blue heart shaped pack was worn around her waist, attached by a blue strap with a white band running down the middle of it. “Daddy, come on though. You’re being a bit too harsh on them and you know raising your blood pressure isn’t good for you at your age!”

Athena and Apollo tried their hardest to hide their laughter as their boss, a well-respected defence attorney known as Phoenix Wright looked at his adopted daughter Trucy with a jokingly angry face. “I am not that old, Trucy.”

“Thirty six is a really old age! I mean Polly’s only twenty five! There’s eleven years of age between you. That is old!” Trucy pouted, showing off her bottom lip and childish puffed cheeks to the world. “You really need to find a mummy for me, Daddy and soon, or else…” The threat lingered after she had finished speaking, causing the younger attorneys to lose their control and release their rounds of laughter.

“Alright, alright! I get it. Find a mummy soon or I won’t make it to my fortieth birthday. Thank you Trucy.” Phoenix sighed, raising his hands slightly into a surrendering position, showing his eighteen year old daughter that she had won the fight.

Athena took this chance to finally get a civil conversation in. “You excited about your performance, Truce?” She asked with her normally large grin.

“Of course!” Trucy was now as excited as Athena was earlier. “I can’t believe my magic act has reached halfway across the globe! Maybe that murder last year made it take off, due to news reports and the like…”

“Don’t remind us.” Both Phoenix and Apollo groaned at the same time, reminding themselves how worried they were when Trucy was arrested for murder. Phoenix was in the Kingdom of Khura’in at the time and, after a half received phone call, freaked out at the news of his own daughter’s arrest of the murder that occurred over her Alice in Wonderland inspired magic show. Even though Apollo was representing her as her attorney, he still couldn’t help but worry about the worst possible outcome.

“Well, after the trial we’ll defiantly come and see it,” Athena beamed, sending slight glares in the males’ direction. “I can’t wait to see what you have planned; you’ve been really secretive about it.”

Trucy pulled her hat down slightly, giving her a dark and mysterious look. “A magician never reveals her secrets, Athena.” The red haired defence attorney groaned and crossed her arms, going back to looking out of the window at the land appearing in the distance ahead of them. Although they didn’t know it yet, the three attorneys were about to be thrust into a chain of events that would change many people’s lives forever and, in some way, it may just be for the better.

“Come on brother! We’re almost there!” The excitable voice of a nine year old girl echoed around the gate that led to the bustling city of Lumiose. Her marigold blonde, pony tailed hair bounced with her movements, her fringe formed into a series of joined ovals. Deep cerulean blue orbs glistened, even with the lack of natural light in the area. A yellow satchel hung across her sleeveless brown top which was decorated with a black ribbon, the pockets of it containing two excited creatures that shared her passion. Her black leggings were partially covered with a cloud like white skirt that finished at her knees, her feet covered by pink Mary-Jane pumps.

The first of the two creatures was small, yet taller than its friend. It was covered in a yellowish orange, wiry fur with a creamy, soft underbelly, of which matched the fur that covered the insides of its black, squished-oval shaped ears. From its reddish cheeks, whiskers that looked strangely like antennas, twitched at the slightest of movements. Its long black tail curled around itself, the star shaped end almost seemed to sparkle at points, the tail beginning at the patch of black fur on its back.

The other was a thinner green blob. Its head was completely rounded except for a protruding, beak-shaped area at the bottom front. Within its head was a single, oval eye that has a smaller, oval pupil within it, next to the eye was another white, semi-elliptic shape, possibly a second eye. Within its midsection was a nearly regular, red hexagon which was shown from the middle of its moderately sized body, which had a hook shaped bottom that could be seen as a tail.

“Alright, alright! Wait up Bonnie!” A trailing teenaged male, of around thirteen to fourteen years, yelled out, sweat running from his nerdy hair-styled marigold locks, past his lapis coloured eyes that were hidden behind oval shaped glasses and down his neck. A baby blue jumpsuit with yellow bands covered his arms and legs, the grey straps of a gigantic backpack, which included all of the teen’s inventions, rested upon his shoulders. His black tennis shoed feet, which had white soles, plodded as he tried to keep up with the others in the group of four human travellers.

“You are so slow, Clemont!” The little girl, named Bonnie, moaned with a pout and hands on her hips. “Even Serena was ten times faster than you but, then again, that doesn’t mean much…” As she spoke, she looked over to the other female in the group, who was wafting herself with her magenta fedora, which had a black band around the middle, as she rested on a bench.

The current made her short, neck length; honey blonde hair move with the man made breeze, her sky blue eyes half open. Her free hand was clutched around a blue ribbon, tied in a neat bow on her pink dress which visibly showed the sleeveless grey top underneath that had a circular white collar. Over the dress, she wore a sleeveless red coat with large pockets which were located near the thighs. Brown laced boots covered the majority of her light grey knee lengthed stockings, perfect for long walks and hiking. Her pink backpack rested beside her on the bench, slumped over slightly.

“You… were… holding my… hand Bonnie…” Serena panted, trying to regain her lost supply of oxygen her lungs so desperately needed. “I… had no… choice but to… run at… your speeds…” Although Clemont and herself looked as if they had run a marathon, which they technically had thanks to the nine year old, the other member of the group looked just like Bonnie did, without a droplet of sweat or breathing problems in sight.

They were around her age of twelve years, and looked the most tanned out of the quintet. His dark chocolate eyes were focused on the creature sitting atop of his shoulder, a black fingerless gloved hand, which had a red band, was scratching its chin. His raven black spiked hair was slightly tamed by a red cap that had a white visor and semicircle pattern, only just showing the two spiked tufts that made his fringe. A dark blue jacket with white strips and a circle with a v shape for the neck line partially showed the black and grey t-shirt underneath, the sleeves, which were the grey part, were hidden under the jacket. The t-shirt showed itself slightly from the bottom of the jacket, leading to a pair of baggy greyish blue trousers that were tucked into red, black and blue high tops with white soles. His backpack, a mixture of greenish blue and sky blue with white, was still on his back, not affecting him at all.

The creature sitting on his shoulder was larger and taller than the other two, completely covered in yellow fur from head to foot. Its ears were sort of like a rabbit’s, long and pointy with black tips, totally not normal on a mouse like creature. A long lightning bolt shaped tail protruded from its back, which had three brown lines of fur, the flat edge of the tail showing its gender to be that of a male. His circular cheeks were rosy red, showing signs of good health. Dark eyes sparkled as three fingered paws clutched onto his best friend’s jacket, his curved, w shaped mouth open wide as he let out a cascade of happy noises, button sized nose raised into the air.

“See, I’m not that slow…” Clemont mumbled in agreement with Serena’s statements. “It’s not our fault that you and Ash are speed demons!” At the mention of his name, the raven haired member turned around, regaining his attention from his precious partner called Pikachu.

“I’m not that fast,” It was the twelve year old’s turn to pout, only ever so slightly. “Especially not enough to be called a ‘demon’.” The others could hear the quotation marks around the word as if it was not that nice. They knew that Ash had a belief for the supernatural, such as ghosts and supernatural abilities. Whenever they were in a haunted area, he kept on mumbling about feeling cold and mentioning that something was touching him, which increased the fear factor as they believed there was a real ghost in the area. Clemont, at first wouldn’t believe it as he was a scientist at heart and would prefer to prove something scientifically before he accepted its existence.

Even though the two had different beliefs, they remained extremely friendly even to the point of having a brotherly relationship. Ash was always excited for Clemont’s inventions, rounding off his explanations with the phrase “Science is so amazing!”. Clemont was as equally respectful for Ash’s beliefs, and even at times used his own scientific knowledge to prove their existence, in a way. And it wasn’t just them, all four friends had a family like status, even though Clemont and Bonnie were the only ones related by genetics and blood.

Bonnie and Serena were as much like sisters as Clemont and Ash were brothers, sleeping in the same tent kinda does that some times. They would talk about everything, including their thoughts and, mostly, their deepest darkest secrets. Bonnie would sometimes tease her ‘older sister’ over her crush on a certain raven haired trainer but she’s never reveal it to anyone unless Serena said she could. Just as well her brother was as dense as Ash was.

The four stood or sat in the tunnel gate that lead to the real sibling’s home city of Lumiose, waiting for everyone to be ready to continue, not knowing that a security camera recording their movements would be vital in hours’ time in proving the innocence of one of their own, a dark period in their long running history. A period where their deepest, darkest secrets would be thrown out in the open for all to see, revealing that which they would have happily kept hidden yet, at the same time, making their bonds stronger with the events bringing them closer together as a family. However, no one in the world would be aware that the first secret would be shown much sooner than expected.

The group ran through the bricked streets of Lumiose, happily laughing as they made their way to Prism Tower to check up on Clembot, the fourteen year old’s personal Gym replacement and friend of the electronic form. Sunshine and a clear sky only increased their happiness with their lives as, even Clemont surprisingly, rushed to the metallic structure that could be seen for miles around. They couldn’t wait to spend some time together in the magnificent tower, along with Bonnie and Clemont’s father, Meyer.

“I can see the tower from here!” Bonnie jokingly laughed as she made an airplane with her arms, running in circles as Dedenne joined in, Squishy just bobbing along silently.

“I think we all can Bonnie!” Serena chuckled before sending a mischievous glare in the younger girl’s direction. “You’d better watch out, little airplane. The tickle monster’s coming to get you!” All of a sudden, a chase started, the two girls laughing as Bonnie tried to escape the evil tickle monster’s clutches.

“Don’t worry Bonnie! I’ll save you!” Clemont grinned as he dived into the fray, gently grabbing one of Serena’s wrists before turning to his little sister. “Payback time, don’t you think?”

“Oh I do!” Bonnie cackled as she jumped forwards to the poor, defenceless performer, both siblings ganging up causing a scene which adults smiled at as they walked past. Although he didn’t join in, Ash smiled at the sight, memories of tickle monster chases from his time back in the village he called home flashing back to him from long ago. His three Kalosian friends ended their game, collapsing in a fit of giggles until they noticed a suspicious lacking of a fourth participant.

“Why didn’t you join in?” Serena asked with a slightly saddened tone. “I was being ganged up on in there.”

“My deepest apologies madam,” He replied with over exaggerated movements, causing the Kalosian citizens to laugh even more than before. “But one noticed yourselves to be well engrossed in that sport and one didn’t want to get one’s clothes dirty.”

“Ash, you always get your clothes dirty,” Bonnie said with a roll of her eyes, a motion copied by Dedenne. “Literally like every day. Either it’s dirt, attacks, grass stains… need I continue?”

“No, no you do not young lady, or will I have to remind you about your desert privileges…” A small smirk formed on the raven haired trainer’s face. “Need I continue?”

“OHHHH!” Clemont and Serena echoed each other’s words and thoughts at that turnabout of a sass competition. “Better use a Burn Heal!” The nine year old looked at her older friends and raised her hands up in defeat.

“Okay, you actually got me for once,” She admitted with a slight groan. “But that was only once!”

“Uh huh, we’ll see,” Ash walked a few steps forwards and turned around, grinning at his friends. “But isn’t there a place we need to be right now? Come on, let’s go!” The Kalosians nodded and got up off the ground, continuing to smile as they completed the rest of their journey to the tower. At that moment in time, they felt as if nothing could bring them down!

That was until… they noticed the Police cars and a huge crowd surrounding the tower.

Immediately their minds rolled back to the Garchomp incident and feared that a pokémon could be up at the top, either rampaging around the city or trapped up there with no way to come down. For many reasons, especially since they hadn’t seen any damage on their way there, they didn’t believe it was the former. With a sense of urgency, they rushed towards the crowd, pushing their way through to the front in order to find an Officer Jenny who could possibly explain the situation. True enough, one was talking to another officer by a police car, looking extremely agitated, as if something bad had happened.

“Officer Jenny!” Clemont called out, walking over. The officer looked up at the approaching group and sighed in relief before muttering something to the man next to her, causing him to nod and leave. “What’s going on here?”

She folded her arms in front of her chest. “I was hoping you could answer that for me.”

“Wait, what?” Bonnie pushed her way forwards, looking up at the cop suspiciously. “What on earth are you talking about? We’ve only just got back here…” Jenny ignored her as she looked over the group, her dark eyes resting on the fourteen year old Gym Leader.

“Are you Clemont Citridark?” She asked, voice emotionless and cold as she placed forward her question.

“Umm… yes. Why? What’s the matter?” He replied with a few questions of his own, questions that would never be answered.

“Clemont Citridark,” Jenny’s voice became professional and official, it was almost as if… “I’m arresting you on the suspicion of the murder of Bobby June.”

The best and most happiest day ever had officially just been ruined.

Phoenix watched worriedly as Trucy and Athena rushed on ahead, running through the streets of Lumiose City as if it was Los Angeles and they knew every path and alleyway like the back of their hands. Whilst he did know this was exciting, health and safety should also be taken into consideration. Especially since there were weird animal like creatures staring at them as they walked through the streets, the humans with some of them not even paying attention. He noticed Apollo rolling his eyes as he walked, although he too did look a little bit curious as to what those creatures were. They were the region’s equivalent to animals but had elemental abilities which made people pit them against each other in combat, legal cock fighting if you will. Apparently the creatures liked testing out their strength and, if a child from the age of ten was chosen to go on a journey, they were legally deemed an adult. It was wrong and Phoenix knew it but, he couldn’t say anything. The Continents had nothing to do with the way the regions ran their side of the Earth.

“Mr Wright!” A cry from Athena up ahead brought him out of his thoughts, her worried expression boring into his memory. “You have to see this!”

“See what?” He inquired curiously, although her face, followed shortly by Trucy’s as she ran over to the older males, brought an edge of fear inside him.

“There are police cars surrounding Prism Tower! There’s been a murder!” Trucy explained quickly, grabbing her father’s arm and dragging him towards the landmark of the Kalos region. “And the Gym Leader is being arrested!” Before anyone could say anything a loud cry of anger rose up into the air.

“HE DIDN’T DO IT!”

The group of four gave each other similar looks before sprinting in the direction of the shout all of them having a feeling that they were needed at that moment, in Trucy’s case for some kind of emotional support. Of course, getting to the source was a lot harder than expected due to the large crowd that had gathered but some pushing through solved that problem pretty quickly. The sight they were greeted with in the end was one they may have never imagined normally. A blonde haired teenager was about to be forced into one of the many police cars, arms pinned behind his back with a set of metallic handcuffs. The teal haired officer was dealing with what seemed to be his friends, a small girl who looked exactly like him clutching the clothing of a raven haired teen with tears in her eyes, the latter wrapped his arms around her for comfort with the last girl of the group shaking visibly in anger.

“He can’t have done it!” The honey haired girl growled slightly, a fire burning in her eyes that couldn’t be controlled. “Clemont was with us and we’ve only just entered Lumiose! People in the streets can tell you that no brainer!”

“I sorry miss but all evidence points to him.” The female officer sighed, her hands on her hips as she tried to be authorities over the bunch of children.

“Evidence can be forged and planted,” All eyes landed on the raven haired boy, his hug on the crying blonde tightening. “It means nothing!”

“Tell that to the courts.” The officer said emotionlessly, not noticing that a certain word had caused the boy to freeze and stutter, as if it was forcing him through a horrible experience. Without thinking, Phoenix decided to intervene.

“What seems to be going on here?” He inquired. The officer, whose name seemed to be Jenny from her badge, crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow at him.

“And you are?”

“Phoenix Wright, I’m a defence attorney.” The children, most of them anyway, perked up at the sound of that. Before Jenny could get a word in, the little girl unlatched herself from her friend and grabbed his jacket, blinking away the tears that were starting to cascade down her face.

“Please mister attorney, please defend my brother!” She cried; her sobs torturing to even listen. “He didn’t do it, I know he didn’t!” It was times like these that reminded Phoenix why he became a defence attorney, to help those who needed it and these children needed his help more than ever now. However, before he could speak, Athena and Apollo stepped forwards.

“We know he didn’t too which is why we are going to defend him!” Athena grinned at the small child, rubbing her arm gently. “Ain’t that right, boss?”

“Yeah, screw the mock trial. We’re proper attorneys and can easily take this!” Apollo added; ignoring the glares over his language he was being given. “What do ya say, boss?” All eyes, including Jenny’s surprisingly, were glued to the oldest attorney, who just chuckled.

“What made you think I was going to say no?” He raised an eyebrow at his two protégés and looked down at the girl clutching onto his jacket. “Of course we’ll defend your brother.” All of the children’s eyes it up at the fact that someone was fighting for their corner.

“Alright then, if that’s the case then I’ll tell the other officers to let you in for investigations,” Officer Jenny spoke up, gaining the attorney’s attentions. “We’ll be questioning Clemont for a while so take your time before coming over to the Detention Centre later on.” She turned around, signalling to her fellow officer to put the teen into the car they were next to before taking a few steps and stopping. Her head turned slightly around as she asked a question. “You’re not from the regions, are you?”

“No… why do you ask?” Phoenix replied with another question, curious as to why she seemed to know that they weren’t from around here.

“Because, you wouldn’t have jumped to take on a person’s defence if you were, especially around these parts,” Jenny answered mysteriously, returning her head to face the direction she was walking in. “I hope for that kid’s sake you are good, because your actions may just cause him to lose his life.” She walked off, leaving a lingering cloud of fear hanging over the continental attorneys. However, that fear left when the two blondes were talking through the car’s window.

“We’ll prove you innocence brother! Count on it!”

“Thanks Bonnie, I know you will. Serena, can I count on you and Ash to look after her whilst…?”

“Of course you can! Don’t say silly things! We’ll look after Bonnie and get you out of there. Promise!”

“Promise… thanks so much for everything…” With that, the car pulled away, leaving three emotional children in its wake. Trucy took a look at the scene and realised it was for the best that she left, whispering her destination into her father’s ear; she took off with money in her bag in search for a taxi.

“Are you sure about this?” The attorneys turned to look at Serena, who was looking at them with slight worry. “I mean, you three don’t know anything about us and yet still, you want to defend our friend.”

“It’s our job to defend those who need help!” Apollo gave a large grin and a wink in hopes to ease up her worry. “After all, our boss man over there told us to always believe in our clients so, obviously we believe in, Clemont, was it?”

“Yep! That’s my brother! I’m Bonnie by the way.” The smallest girl stretched out her hand as a way to signal the beginning of a good introduction. “And these two are Serena and Ash. You can guess who is who.”

“That we can,” Athena smiled; glad to see their help was picking up the kids attitudes somewhat. “I’m Athena Cykes and these two are Apollo Justice and our boss, Phoenix Wright. Nice to meet you, but not under these circumstances.” After a round of handshakes, the six people were acquainted which made the two girls give each other similar looks.

“Excuse me?” Serena asked, raising a hand slightly like a shy child in a classroom trying to answer a question. “I was wondering if you’d let us help with the case. I mean like defending Clemont and investigating.” The three attorneys were shocked by the request but felt proud none the less, Clemont was really lucky to have friends and family like he did.

“You sure about that?” Phoenix inquired with a small smile. “It will be tough…”

“We can deal with it!” Bonnie grinned, her blue eyes brimming with a fire that burned uncontrollably. “Can’t we, Ash?” She stopped her excitement, looking towards the last male left from the group, who was shaking uncontrollably. “… Uhm… Ash?”

The girls watched on in shock as their friend continued to shake, tears forming from his eyes which were now rolling down his cheeks. He briefly mumbled “I’m… sorry…” between his tears before he suddenly ran off, Pikachu flung off of his shoulder in the process. The others stood in shock, watching their friend disappear, Pikachu running off after his trainer whilst shouting worriedly as he did so.

“WAIT!” Serena called out in shock and fear, only to receive no response as their friend had vanished into the crowd of people that made up Lumiose’s lunch time rush. Her hand remained outstretched, grabbing into thin air, a part of her heart clenching at what she had just seen. Both Serena and Bonnie gave each other confused looks with an air of worry. What was that all about?

The continental attorneys didn’t say a word, not knowing what to say but deep inside, a part of them had an idea as to what was going on. Some people didn’t believe or trust in the legal system and, if what Jenny warned them about was true, defence attorneys weren’t people to be trusted in the regional world of law. When Phoenix noticed Athena’s pained expression, he knew she was picking up on something. A quick glance caught her attention and she knew what it meant.

“I sensed it boss. The anger, guilt, sadness in his heart was overbearing! I… I…” She began sniffling, hands clenched into fists. “I feel so sad! The poor boy must have been through something terrible to feel like that!” Both Apollo and Phoenix gave each other saddened looks. Athena’s ability to hear the inner voices and emotions of a heart was very accurate; in fact it was one hundred percent accurate. There must have be something going on that they didn’t know about, something that caused the pre-teen to act that way. However, now wasn’t the time to think about that. They needed to begin their investigation, and fast.

6th February: 4:30PM
Detention Centre, Lumiose City

After calming the girls down enough to get down to business, the group of defenders went to the crime scene only to find… nothing. Zip, zilch, nada. Apparently, the prosecution and police had worked hard from the late hours of the morning to obtain every crucial piece of evidence relating to the case, one of the downfalls of obtaining the case hours after it had been reported to the authorities. Phoenix had managed to cancel the mock trial, explaining that the Wright Anything Agency had taken on a murder case instead and asked if that could be the trial for the exchange. Of course, they said yes. Phoenix Wright was one of the best attorneys in the world and telling him no was a bad choice.

Even with the lack of visible evidence, the five humans, and two pokémon, worked hard for over two hours trying to find any sign of a clue even skipping lunch to do so. Their search turned up with no results but, by then, they figured that the police would have finished questioning Clemont by now and he would be free for some questions in the Detention Centre, which was exactly the same as the one in the continents. That made it extremely helpful for the defence attorneys as they went to go and acquire a spot of time with their client. As they had managed to do now.

Serena and Bonnie had been offered the singular seat, taking it with the younger girl sitting on the elder’s lap. Apollo stood at the back of the room, leaning against the wall looking slightly cool whilst doing so, Athena took her place behind the chair, wanting to get a good listen into Clemont’s hidden voice whilst Phoenix was between the two, fingering the Magatama in his pocket. Whilst they did believe in the teenager’s innocence, they knew from experience that defendants will lie if they were fearful to reveal the whole truth.

All eyes flew up as the door inside the suspects side of the booth opened, revealing a very different Clemont from the one few hours ago. His eyes were red, probably from crying which had caused his glasses to steam up, his hair dishevelled from stress and time in a cell. The usual spark had flown from his eyes, leaving them dull and plain. All steps he took were slow and heavy, just like his stance. If only a few hours of incarceration had done that to him already then what about a few years?

“Big brother!” Bonnie cried out, happy to see him even in his sorry state. If nothing, Bonnie’s voice seemed to restore some of the fight in his body. “Wow, you look like a mess.”

“That’s nice,” Clemont huffed as he took his seat. “I’m glad to see you’re both okay… wait, where’s Ash?” Serena gave him a sad look whilst Bonnie turned towards the adults in the room. “Something happened earlier when Bonnie and I agreed to help with the whole defence side of things, he began crying and ran off.” The older of the girls explained, hands fidgeting as she found herself unable to look into his eyes. “We have no idea why though.” The two couldn’t help but feel and see the upset rising off in waves off of their family member, it was almost as if he felt betrayed by the other member of the group.

“Don’t blame him, Clemont,” Athena stepped forwards, for once her face stern and professional. “Something must have happened to him to cause a reaction to the court system, maybe a childhood trauma. I could feel the sadness and anger from him, as well as guilt for not being able to face his fears.” All three children looked at her in disbelief, mostly because they thought that the members of their friendship group could tell each other anything but yet, here was something that possibly went against that premise.

“Oh alright…” He muttered, tucking the thoughts into the back of his brain. “You obviously have some questions for me right? Fire away.”

“Thank you,” Phoenix gave the Gym Leader a curt nod before walking closer to the glass screen. “First question. What were you doing before you were arrested?”

“Heading to Prism Tower with the others. We passed through the Laverre/Lumiose Gate around 11:20 in the morning. Even though I’ve explained that I couldn’t have been around at the apparent time of death, they still don’t believe me.” Clemont replied honestly, having no reason to lie to his lawyers. Athena and Phoenix nodded to each other, before looking towards Apollo, who nodded back, the fourteen year old wasn’t lying.

“Okay, my turn!” Athena grinned cheerfully. “Can anyone prove this?”

“Obviously!” Bonnie groaned with a roll of her eyes, an overdramatic one at that. “Serena, Ash, Pikachu, Dedenne, Squishy and I can… although only us humans are allowed to test… testi… speak out in court!” The older members in the room chuckled at the nine year old’s mispronunciation of the word ‘testify’ but continued on regardless.

“One last question,” Apollo walked forwards, slamming his hands on the desk and then using his ‘chords of steel’ to scare the living daylights out of the children. “DO YOU BELIEVE THAT WE CAN WIN THIS TRIAL FOR YOU?!” He yelled, pointing his finger at the frightened inventor, who began stuttering to answer. Athena slapped Apollo around the back of his head, like any normal girl should do to an idiotic male.

“Stop scaring them like the dumbass you are Apollo! These are children who aren’t yet acquainted with your obnoxious Chords of Steel!” She shouted at him angrily, gaining an equally angry response.

“Oh yeah?! Now who’s yelling?!” He crossed his arms in front of his chest and pouted, a trait he had picked up from being around Trucy and Ema Skye too much. “You’re just jealous of my awesomeness!”

“YOUR awesomeness?!” Athena scoffed, placing her hands on her hips. “You alone are the least awesome person on the planet Apollo Justice and you know it! You always muck up on the smallest of things, like cleaning the damn toilet!”

“It’s not my fault the boss asks for us to constantly clean the toilets when we don’t have work to do!” Apollo argued, leaning in towards his co-worker, not noticing the glare he was being given by Phoenix.

“Since when was I a fault in your dispute?” He asked with a slight annoyed hint to his voice. “One more argument out of you two and I am making sure the toilets are so filthy that it’ll take months to clean them!” A sudden round of cheerful laughter brought the three out of their negative states, turning to the children who were making the merry sounds. The clearing of tension caused the adults to smile, glad to see their client in a cheery mood.

“I never really did answer your question, did I Mr Justice?” Clemont chuckled as he wiped a joyful tear from his eye. “Yes, I believe you can defend me. Thanks for coming; you’ve really cheered me up. My father has shown up multiple times but…”

“He’s been neither use nor ornament? Right?” Serena finished for him, sending him an understanding look through the glass. “Don’t worry, we understand. We’ve met your father before.” She turned to the three confused attorneys to explain. “Clemont’s father Meyer is a bit of a handful. He’s an electrician but has a tendency to be a bit over the top, so to speak.”

“Meaning he’s a drama queen!” Bonnie grinned, stating the facts as they were and not glamming them up in any way shape or form. “That’s the reason why mum left. She couldn’t stand his mood swings and left but got joint custody. We supposedly see her six months a year!”

“Oh… okay…” Athena deadpanned, her face revealing all of her disbelief. It sounded as if Mrs Citridark used to wear the pants in the relationship whilst her husband fancied the frilly dress with ribbons on top. Oh and the makeup and fancy hairstyling that went with it. All three attorneys really feel sorry for Clemont and Bonnie who, quite frankly, sounded as if they acted more like adults than their father did, and he was an adult. They even wondered how on earth he even managed to have two children who were five years apart in age. But, that would have to wait… for now…

“Clemont, we promise we will defend you with all the strength we have,” Phoenix grinned, showing determination in his posture, facial expressions and tone of voice. “You didn’t kill anyone and we’ll prove it in court tomorrow!”

“Don’t forget us!” Bonnie added; fists clenched as she spoke. “Serena and I will do the best we can to help!”

“Once again… thank you, everyone. You don’t know how much this means to me…” The fourteen year old fought the tears welling up in his eyes but, in the end failed as they slowly ran down his cheeks.

“We do, more than you can imagine,” Apollo replied. “And don’t worry; the girls will be just fine.” He turned to leave, the others following with Bonnie the last to go, after she had blown a goodbye kiss to her cry baby brother.

Clemont sighed as he watched his attorneys and friends leave. A part of him wanted to curl up into a ball and hide for all eternity but he couldn’t do that. He was being charged for murder, something he would never even think about doing, let alone go through with the action. All he wanted to do right now was get some sleep; he was going to have a very long day tomorrow. He went to stand up, but the look from the officer at the door told him otherwise.

“Where do you think you’re going?” The officer snarled, scaring the fourteen year old to bits. “You have another visitor.” Great, his father was back again. Already Meyer had tried to come in wearing multiple different disguises in order to check on his son every hour. It had been over an hour since his last visit and, sadly, Clemont really didn’t want to see him at this moment in time. He knew his father was only thinking about him but he didn’t need checking on every hour as it was just bringing him down.

He closed his eyes and sighed once again as he heard soft footsteps heading towards the seat in the visitor’s section of the room. “Look dad, I’m fine and I don’t need your constant visits...”

“So I’ve gone from brother to father huh?” A very familiar yet, at the same time not Meyer’s, voice replied, with a slight chuckle as they took a seat. “Well I am flattered Clemont but, considering you’re older than me, that would be hard to stomach… don’t you think?” The blonde inventor opened his eyes to see a familiar Kanto native sitting in front of him.

“I guess so,” Clemont smiled; glad to see his best friend here. “I thought you’d given up on me after the others said you ran off earlier.”

“WHAT?!” Ash yelled, standing up and slamming his hands on the desk area on his side of the glass. “I’d never give up on a friend! I know you didn’t do it but…” With his rage calmed slightly, the twelve year old sat back down, Pikachu glancing worriedly up at his trainer. “… I have a problem with courts, it’s personal.”

Now this piqued Clemont’s interest. “A problem? A personal problem?”

“Well yeah…” He looked to the side slightly before sighing, turning back to the Gym Leader whilst running a hand through his hair after taking off his hat. “When I was younger, I was a witness to a murder case when a dear friend of mine was accused of murder. You can guess what happened.”

“They were found guilty, weren’t they?” Being quite smart, Clemont could guess but even so, a person of average intelligence could work it out anyway. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“It’s not your fault,” Ash gave him a reassuring smile. “I was six at the time; you didn’t even know me then. But, since that event I… I vowed to never go near a court again… that event traumatised me, ya know.”

“I understand,” Now he had more facts, Clemont could build a clearer picture of the situation. “Don’t worry about it, you don’t have to…”

“I may not be helping with the investigation or the defence side of things… but I will still be there, cheering you on from the gallery,” Determination flared up in the raven haired trainer’s eyes. “We will be cheering you on all the way, right Pikachu?” The electric mouse nodded, jumping up and down excitedly in agreement as if it was waving around pom poms in the air, squeaking words of encouragement.

Tears began to form in the Gym Leader’s eyes. “Thank you, both of you. It means so much to me.”

“We know it does Clemont, which is why I’m coming and not viewing from a TV screen somewhere. We’re family and, somehow, family has to stick together,” Ash suddenly began grinning, changing his tone of voice completely. “So, what’s the food like in here? I’ve heard it tastes horrible!”

“Oh Ash…”

7th February. 9:43 AM
Lumiose District Court
Defendant’s Lobby No.3

Everyone had gathered in the lobby, the children resting on the red covered sofas whilst the adults paced around the room. Trucy had re-joined with everyone later on the night before, using her magic tricks to keep Serena and Bonnie, as well as Clemont this morning, in high spirits. That night, Phoenix had managed to obtain some of the case files, allowing the defenders to get a grasp of what was going on. At 10:21 AM, a bunch of people saw two people at the top of Prism Tower, one of them being the victim. Witnesses claimed that the second was Clemont, who then proceeded to stab the man with some sort of sharp object. When asked and showed a picture of the victim, Clemont said he had never seen the man before in his life, Athena and Apollo knew he was telling the truth as their abilities didn’t show anything other than the truth anyways.

“So you’re going to be watching from the gallery?” Serena asked Trucy, who nodded with a quirky smile.

“Yep! I always do for Daddy’s special cases. Otherwise I watch from home,” She bumped her hat with a fist and stuck her tongue out. “But since home is thousands of miles away, I’m watching from the gallery.”

“Wish us luck, okay?” Bonnie grinned. She really liked Trucy and instantly became friends with her, probably because the two were totally mischievous and had the same thought patterns. Apollo mumbled something about watching out for double trouble when they were around, causing them to tease him constantly before bed last night.

“I will!” The adopted Wright turned to Clemont and gave him a wink. “Oh and Clemont, I’ll save a seat for the ‘Special guest’ you told me about!” Everyone, except Clemont and Trucy, gave each other confused looks. They knew that Meyer was going to be watching but someone else was as well? Bonnie’s mind raced back to that girl with the Buneary they had met and prayed to Arceus that the special guest wasn’t her.

“Thank you Trucy. That’s so nice of you.” Apollo scoffed suddenly, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

“Nice? Trucy ain’t nice. She has an ulterior motive behind this,” He said, staring at her in suspicion. “What did you want from him?”

“Nothing!” Trucy held up her hands and shook her head, looking shocked that he would even suggest such a thing. “Nothing at all!”

“Why don’t I believe you?” Apollo asked, raising his left eyebrow.

“It’s your job not to believe in people!” She argued back, hands on hips. “Well, those people who aren’t your client anyway.” The two began arguing, like normal, when the sound of the lobby’s doors opening entered their ears, turning all heads towards them. At first, no one entered or came forwards at opening the wooden doors, making many believe it was simply the wind until a familiar yellow furred rodent entered curiously, head turning from left to right before its eyes rested on the three children on the seats. It ran over and jumped up on the sofa, hugging into them with a large smile on its face.
“No way, is that?!” Serena gasped just before getting a face full of yellow fur.

“It’s Pikachu!” Bonnie grinned happily, the little gears whirring away in her mind when she realised what that meant. “Wait, does that mean…?”

“It does,” A familiar voice replied. The girls turned their heads once more and gasped in surprise to see Ash standing in front of a now closed door. “I had a promise to keep, right Clemont?” All eyes were on the Lumiose Gym Leader who chuckled nervously whilst rubbing the back of his head.

“Right,” He noticed the other’s confused expressions and decided to answer for them. “Ash visited me after you guys left. He promised that he’d watch the trial and cheer me on from the gallery so I asked Trucy to save a seat so they can sit together and cheer for us all.”

A shamed look appeared on the Kanto native’s face. “Look guys, I’m sorry about yesterday and…” He never got to finish as Bonnie and Serena threw themselves into a hug, silencing the words that remained on his lips.

“You idiot. We’ve been so worried about you!” The older girl mumbled, tears forming in her eyes. “Running off like that. You could have just told us you didn’t want to go to court.”

“Yeah, idiot!” Bonnie parroted, wiping away her own tears. Clemont didn’t care at that moment if he looked like a cry baby, so he got up and joined in, the four friends standing in a crying circle of hugs. Even the adults got teary eyed as they watched this scene, Trucy was blowing her nose in the most unladylike fashion on a multi coloured handkerchief she had pulled out of nowhere, she was a magician after all.

“Wow, look at the time!” Trying to hide her tears, Trucy suddenly spoke up, looking at the invisible watch on her hand. “We best get going! Good luck you guys!” She grabbed Ash’s arm and began dragging him along in her wake, Pikachu rushing after them in a bid to catch up to his trainer. The twelve year old only managed to shout out a hardly coherent message before he disappeared from view.

“Alright, everyone ready?” Phoenix asked; only to get a resounding yes as an answer. “Let’s win this trial!”

“YEAH!”

7th February. 10:00 AM
Lumiose District Court
Courtroom No.3

The room looked exactly like the ones they were used to back home, wooden benches with the gallery behind the wooden witness stand, a few select seats up behind the defence and prosecutor’s benches reserved for the select few. The judge’s seating was exactly the same as back home with the symbol of the justice system hung in gold behind the seat for all in the court to see. However, the most different thing was the prosecutor they were going to be facing. He stood tall and proud, an air of cocky overconfidence burst from his grey eyes that hid behind his spectacles. His dark brown hair was slicked back with, what looked like, an entire tin full of hair gel which was more than Apollo used in a week for his spikes. A simple light grey fabric was used in making his two piece suit, the trousers held up with a black belt which matched with his tie that was lying against a crisp white shirt.

“ALL RISE FOR THE HONOURABLE JUDGE… URH… WHAT THE HELL IS HIS SURNAME?!” The attorneys, along with everyone in the audience sweat dropped at the bailiff’s struggles, as he argued with another member of the court’s workforce. “I KNOW THAT HE’S THE JUDGE BARRY, BUT WHAT IS HIS NAME?!” It was silent for a few moments when another snide comment boomed around the courtroom, if not the entire building. “SMARTASS. FINE, ALL RISE FOR THE HONOURABLE JUDGE. FULL STOP. WE HAVE NO NAME, NO NOTHING.”

All attention had diverted from the lack of professionalism from the bailiff and now focused on an old man entering in black robes with a large grey beard that slightly resembled Santa’s. The only difference between this one and the one that the Wright Anything Agency knew well was that this one was wearing an ebony beret. Everyone was standing until the man, known only as the Judge, sat down and banged his gavel.

“Court is now in session for the trial of Clemont Citridark.” He spoke with a slight French accent, but still had the same gravelly voice as was expected for the judges in trials.

“The prosecution is ready, Your Honour.” The man opposite from Phoenix announced, sounding extremely British to the point in which the defence team believed he was faking it.

“The defence team is also ready, Your Honour.” Phoenix announced professionally, being the head of the team meant he’d be doing all the announcing and the like. Quickly, he glanced at his co-councils, all of whom gave him back reassuring looks. Apollo nodded his head, Athena did a double handed fist pump, Serena flicked her hair slightly with a smile and adjusted her fedora whilst Bonnie decided to pull a face at the prosecutor. Lovely.

“Nice to see you again, Prosecutor Oakley. It’s been a while.” The Judge said kindly, making a small attempt at a conversation.

“It is my honour, Your Honour,” Oakley smirked, bowing pretentiously. “Oh my, new faces in the defence’s corner and children?! That is a shock! Who might you three newbies be?”

“My name is Phoenix Wright, a defence attorney from the continents and these are…” The leader of the Wright Anything Agency was about to introduce his co-workers when…
“Apollo Justice and Athena Cykes!” Athena interrupted, pummelling a fist into her other hand and closing it around it. “Serena and Bonnie are just helping us out.”

“Ah, so you are the attorneys from the continents here on the Legal League of Attorney’s exchange trip?” The Judge asked, receiving nods as answers. “It’s nice to see some fresh faces in here. I wish you luck.”

“Because you are going to need it,” Oakley added, his face portraying his cocky attitude towards the outcome of the day’s trial. “No one has beaten me so, it won’t take long. You’ll have time to enjoy the sights and sounds of Lumiose fairly shortly.”

“That prosecutor is such a douchebag.” Bonnie mumbled, albeit being loud enough for the defence to hear, causing all to retaliate from the words coming out of the nine year old’s mouth.

“Bonnie!” Serena squeaked, her face blushing a bright red colour. “Where in the name of Mew did you hear that word?!”

“From one of Ash’s friends when he called them. A girl with bright orange hair… can’t remember her name,” The younger girl replied with a shrug of the shoulders. “Was talking about a guy named Gary… I really don’t care but it matches that guy to a T, right?”

“Sorry guys, but I have to agree with Bonnie here.” Apollo said truthfully. “In full honesty, he’s actually an asshole but hey, douchebag is lighter.” Two female fists of fury, one from Athena the other from Serena, landed on his head, causing great pain to the twenty five year old attorney. “OWW! What was that for?! I could have lost some brain cells you know!”

“Oh, so that means you actually have some?” Surprise surprise, it was Bonnie who spoke up once more giving the girls a chase of the giggles and causing Phoenix to roll his eyes but smile all the same.

“If the defence has finished bickering amongst themselves, we may begin…” The Judge said, sweat dropping as he did so. These attorneys from the continents were extremely weird. “Prosecutor Oakley, your opening statement please.”

“Of course, Your Honour. Yesterday at 10:21 in the morning, the defendant was witnessed by many people stabbing the victim, Bobby June, atop of Prism Tower,” Oakley responded, looking up from his sheet of paper towards the defence bench. “Since I have heard that the defence were never given access to the evidence, I have made copies of what has been collected so far.”

Bobby’s Autopsy Report added to Court Record

Small Screwdriver added to Court Record

“Very kind of you, Prosecutor Oakley and uh, Mr Wright? I am sorry of the inconvenience that a lack of investigation may have caused you.” The Judge was really feeling apologetic, which made Phoenix smile slightly.

“Don’t worry, Your Honour. We read a lot of the case file last night.” He replied, one hand on his hip. This was where it truly began. The fight for justice, to find out who really killed this Bobby June bloke, to get a not guilty for Clemont. He looked up into the Gallery and smiled having seen Trucy and Ash watching eagerly on the edge of their seats. Those two wanted a not guilty as much as the defence team themselves did.

“Very well. Prosecutor Oakley, your first witness, if you please.” The old man up on the seat announced in a loud booming voice, however the sound didn’t reach anywhere near the loudness required to rival Apollo’s fierce ‘Chords of Steel’.

“If the defence doesn’t mind, I’d like the defendant to take the stand,” Oakley smirked once more, pushing the bridge of his glasses up ever so sneakily with his middle finger, swearing at the defence as if to say there was no way they would win this trial. The Judge allowed it and thus Clemont was brought up from the defendant’s chair to the witness stand. “Witness, state your name and occupation.”

Albeit looking rather pale and tense, Clemont managed to gulp before answering with as much confidence as he could. “Uh… my name is Clemont Citridark and… umm… I’m the Lumiose Gym Leader and inventor.”

“Alright then, please tell us what you were doing during the time of the murder.”

Witness Testimony
~ What I was Doing ~

“At the time of 10:21? Well I was with my friends and sister on Route 14.”

“I don’t know why people are saying I killed him because I wasn’t there!”

“We didn’t arrive in Lumiose till sometime before 11:30 as that was the time I was arrested.”

“I never knew the man so why on earth would I kill him?!”

“Hmm, so what you’re saying is that you were nowhere near Lumiose until sometime, over an hour after the murder occurred?” The Judge asked, eyes closed as he processed what he had just heard. “Is that correct?”

“Yes, it is.” Clemont mumbled, looking over to his friends for support who gave him huge grins.

“Alright then. Mr Wright, you may begin your Cross Examination.”

Cross Examination
~ What I was Doing ~

“At the time of 10:21? Well I was with my friends and sister on Route 14.”

HOLD IT! You were on Route 14, huh?” Phoenix inquired. “How far were you from getting to Lumiose?”

“About an hour, give or take,” Clemont replied honestly, seeing no reason yet again to lie to his attorneys. “We had just visited the Marshlands to see Ash’s Goodra again.”

“Goodra?” The ace attorney looked confused until Serena held up her Pokédex with a picture of a purple bipedal creature that looked very powerful.

“This is a Goodra.” She said with a smile. “It’s one of the pokémon of this side of the world and a dragon type. Ash originally caught Goodra as a Goomy and evolved it until it became strong enough to defend its homeland. I thought we covered basic pokémon facts last night?”

“Sorry, mind focused on the trial,” Phoenix admitted, rubbing the back of his head nervously with a cheeky grin on his face. “Anyway, Clemont. Can your friends testify that you were with them?”

“Well duh!” Bonnie answered. “He was with us all morning! We usually wake up at around 7 in the morning if we want to get far enough on foot to travel!” The Judge seemed to nod and take this all in finely, surprisingly, there wasn’t a cry of “OBJECTION!” from the prosecutor.

“Alright then, please continue the cross examination.”

“I don’t know why people are saying I killed him because I wasn’t there!”

“We didn’t arrive in Lumiose till sometime before 11:30 as that was the time I was arrested.”

HOLD IT!” This time Athena yelled out. “How do you know the time of your arrest?”

“Officer Jenny read out everything and then told her colleague the time,” The defendant replied. “I remember it as clear as day.”

“Okay, thanks for clearing that up.” She smiled reassuringly, giving Clemont a slight boost in confidence to continue with his testimony.

“I never knew the man so why on earth would I kill him?!”

HOLD IT!” Last but no means least, Apollo interjected. He held out a photo of the victim; a man with oddly enough, dark green hair and purple eyes. “Are you sure you have never met this man before?”

Clemont studied the photo for a few seconds before shaking his head. “Nope. Never met him before and I’ve met a lot of people recently.”

OBJECTION!” For the first time in a while, Prosecutor Oakley spoke up, a smirk resting horribly on his face. It was because of that face that all of the attorneys were thinking the same thing. (Shit.) “It seems the defendant has lied to the court.”

HOLD THE FUCK UP! OWWW, ATHENA QUIT IT!” Apollo yelled, only to be slapped hard on the head for swearing in front of Bonnie, who really didn’t need to hear that kind of language, she was already extremely sassy enough as it was. “What do you mean by that?!”

“I mean to say that he has met the victim before, witnesses can prove to that. Observe,” Oakley looked up to the TV screen that had appeared on the side of the boards that made the front of the Judge’s high seating area. “As you can see, someone filmed the footage of two men up on the top of Prism Tower, one of whom was the victim.” As the footage played, dread set into the attorneys. This didn’t look good. The footage was pretty good for a mobile phone that was zoomed in as much as it could be, even then it didn’t show the two men on the tower perfectly. One of them was blonde, the other had green hair. Suddenly, the blonde stepped forwards towards the other man who was leaning against the wall of the tower, thrusting something into the other male and screams arose from the people around whoever recorded this. Quickly the footage ended, probably due to low battery or something. Faces on the defence side paled, oh god not this! Phoenix and Athena began sweating slightly whilst Apollo made a very weird face, his eyes small and in shock.

“Arceus what’s wrong with your face?!” A familiar voice shouted out from the gallery, causing a gaggle of laughs to rise from the gallery. Bonnie couldn’t help but smile and laugh, her apprentice was learning the ways of sass. Of course her brother wanted nothing to do with it and Serena was too sweet but Ash, oh he could be mischievous alright. He was learning well, as that outburst showed. The attorneys gave each other slight smiles, knowing who that comment belonged to and why it was said. To bring them back from the brink of collapse and for a bit of a laugh.

The Judge banged his gavel for silence twice. “Please can the gallery refrain from shouting out and making such comments.”

“Sorry, Your Honour!” This time Trucy’s voice called out. “I’ll try to control him!”

“TRUCY!!” The slight argument between the two in the gallery quickly died down, much to everyone’s disappointment. A quiet crying noise made everyone turn towards the witness stand where Clemont’s head was bowed, hiding his features until he looked up with tears streaming down his face.

“That wasn’t me! I know it wasn’t me! I didn’t kill someone!” He sobbed, falling to his knees. “I wouldn’t do something like that.”

OBJECTION!” Oakley yelled confidently. “Of course you could. You were the only one who could have done it. Your prints and DNA were found all over the murder weapon, a small screwdriver which was covered in the victim’s blood! Also, the autopsy report says otherwise with time of death correlating to that of the footage. Explain that.”

“I… I…”

HOLD IT!” Everyone turned to Bonnie who had spoken up with fire in her eyes. “Of course my brother’s prints and DNA are on that screwdriver! He’s an inventor, duh! He uses that thing on practically everything he makes! Also, there is one person who you haven’t accounted for that would know something about the times and should be able to clear his name!”

“And who might that be, little girl?” Oakley asked, completely unconvinced by the nine year old’s claim.

“Me,” A female voice spoke up from the gallery. All eyes turned to a woman with curly pink hair that curled up into her neck. Her emerald green eyes sparkled as she stood up. She was wearing a long pink trench coat with a white belt around it along with a pair of white and pink high heels. “If dat’s okay, Your Honourship?”

The lady had taken to the witness stand, not before giving a reassuring grin in Clemont’s direction. Unlike many witnesses, this one was on their side and the Citridark siblings knew that well. The Judge coughed for a second before speaking up.

“Before we start, Prosecutor Oakley. Who is this woman and why wasn’t she added to your witness list?” He asked with slight confusion.

“My deepest apologies, Your Honour. This woman never came forth for the call of being a witness for this case, only one person did.” Oakley explained pretentiously.

“SCREW YOU!” The woman yelled at the prosecutor angrily. “I didn’t know dere was a call for witnesses! It wasn’t announced anywhere! I would have happily if I had known.” She folded her arms and made an annoyed face.

“Anyway…” The prosecutor sighed, having a feeling that this witness wasn’t going to be of any help to his case. “Witness, state your name and occupation.”

“Amy Pendragon!” The lady announced cheerily, having bounced back from anger very quickly. “I’m da caretaker of da Prism Tower whilst Mr Gym Leader over dere is out travelling. A robot can only do so much ya know!”

“Robot?!” The Judge asked in surprise. “The Gym replacement is a robot?!”

“Yep! Hand made by da Gym Leader ‘imself! And with incredible likeness!” Amy grinned, adjusting her hair slightly. “OH! Before I forgot! I took da liberty of getting da thing’s Memory Banks for ya! Thought dey might help with da case!”

Clembot’s Memory Banks added to Court Record

“Hmm, so it seems the robot was attacked by someone in the early hours of the morning who it didn’t recognise,” The Judge concluded, looking over the written information made by Amy from what she found. “And that helps because…?”

“Because I witnessed something dat morning. Something that can turn dis case on its head,” Amy looked increasingly proud of herself. “I witnessed a murder!”

“Wh… WHAAAAAAT?!” Oakley yelled out, his face mirroring the defence team’s own. A murder happened early in the morning as well?! Then where was the other body or… wait. Could the victim have been killed earlier and the witnessed one have just been an act.

“Miss Pendragon! What is the meaning of this?! You mean to say there was another murder?!” The Judge was once again shocked at this new information.

“Yep! Well, kinda witnessed! OY! YOU! SMARTY PANTS!” She finished off by shouting, pointing to the prosecutor. “Ask for my testimony already!”

“Alright. May the witness testify about what she saw for the members of the court.” Oakley once again sighed; this was going to be longer than he thought.

Witness Testimony
~ Da Murder I witnessed ~

“When I came in ‘round 6:40, I noticed da bot wasn’t working on da ground.”

“Some kinda argument was coming from da other room,”

“I got really scared, ya know. No one else was supposed to be here ‘cept me and da bot!”

“It was really dark, but I saw it! Some tall guy stabbin’ the victim!”

“I’m certain it weren’t da Gym Leader. ‘E’s a scrawny bag of bones compared to dat killer hunk.”

“WHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTT?!” All sides couldn’t believe what they had just heard as an uproar vibrated around the courtroom. If the witness, Miss Pendragon, was to be believed then the victim was killed hours before the autopsy said he had. Even if he had survived the encounter only to be killed hours later, why wouldn’t he have escaped or find a way to notify someone that another was trying to kill him. Another question arose from this, why hadn’t Amy called the police as soon as she could?

“Miss Pendragon, if what you are saying is correct then that means the victim could have died hours before witnesses saw him!” The Judge was shocked by the turn of events. It totally went against the evidence the prosecutor had given to the court.

“I ain’t lyin’, Your Honourship!” Amy scowled, rolling up her trench coat sleeves. “I know what I saw! Dat man, Da victim, was stabbed! An’ not by da guy sitting in da defendant’s chair!”
“Alright, please calm down, Miss Pendragon,” With a sigh, the Judge turned to the defence’s bench. “Please cross examine the witness’s testimony.”

Cross Examination
~ Da Murder I witnessed ~

“When I came in ‘round 6:40, I noticed da bot wasn’t working on da ground.”

HOLD IT!” Serena cried out, really getting into the whole lawyering aspect of court cases. “6:40 in the morning? How can you be so sure?”

“Dis!” Amy held her arm in a position so that a dark blue wristwatch was clearly visible. “I got it from my boyfriend, Steve. ‘E says I lose track of time easily. When I enter for work, I check my watch ta see if I’m late or somethin’.”

“I see but did you check it on the day of the murder?” Serena asked with a twitch of the eye, trying to stay slightly professional, even though she wasn’t an attorney at all.

“Of course! Why wouldn’t I?!” The pink haired woman yelled, feeling as if the twelve year old was ganging up on her. “It’s my routine now!”

“Only asking! Thank you!” The performer gulped, waving her hands as a sign of defeat.

“Some kinda argument was coming from da other room,”

“I got really scared, ya know. No one else was supposed to be here ‘cept me and da bot!”

HOLD UP!” Apollo shouted, ‘Chords of Steel’ practice showing the fruits of its labour. “Are you sure that no one else apart from you two were supposed to be there. I mean, Clemont’s father Meyer does have a tendency to show up at times. He could have just been arguing down the phone.”

“Nope!” Amy replied with a beaming grin. “I know Meyer has a… tendency ta do dat but, ‘e’s promised ta call me ten minutes before ‘e gets there. I betcha ‘e was just asleep in bed, snorin’ away.”

“That really sounds like my dad,” Bonnie nodded in agreement. “The lazy snoring in bed part and not the calling before he arrives. He likes to be… spontaneous.”

“What a father you two have…” Apollo sweat dropped, not used to hearing any child, other than Trucy, act so weird when it came to their parents.

“You have no idea.” The nine year old simply replied before Amy continued her testimony.

“It was really dark, but I saw it! Some tall guy stabbin’ the victim!”

HOLD IT!” Phoenix went for this one, staring deeply into Amy’s green eyes. “Can you tell us anything about this… umm… ‘tall guy’?”

“Like I said ‘e was really tall, like adult height. I couldn’t see ‘is features as ‘e was facing away from me and it was dark, ya know.” She responded, telling the truth as Phoenix’s magatama didn’t react to her words and, by the looks of it, neither did Apollo’s bracelet.

“Anything else, you could add? Like what happened next?” Phoenix inquired, hoping some more info may help him out.

“Oh! Da victim fell ta da floor, an’ the man turned. I think ‘e saw me an’ then, I heard a noise an’ a spark of yellow light appeared! I was so scared, I dashed outta there in fear da guy was gonna get me!” Amy replied, shivering in thought of the horrible memory.

“Hmm, this is something that we haven’t heard of yet,” The Judge mumbled, having a look of deep concentration about him. “Mr Wright, do you think this is important testimony?”

“Your Honour, the defence does think this is important testimony and demands that the witness adds it to her statement!” He replied, with a quick nod of the head.

“Da victim fell ta da floor, an’ the man turned. I think ‘e saw me an’ then, I heard a noise an’ a spark of yellow light appeared!”

OBJECTION!” Athena grinned as she crossed her arms. “That statement has really helped me figure something out, thanks Amy!”

“Huh?” The pink haired woman was slightly confused but then took the compliment happily. “No problem! It was nothin’!”

“I was wondering why Clembot was deactivated, like you said he was but now, I know the truth!” Athena’s grin grew in size before she slammed her hand on the desk. “The true culprit used a stun gun to override Clembot’s circuits so that it couldn’t record any data about their face or appearance, thus meaning that our client couldn’t have been the killer! After all, why would he attack his own creation? Wouldn’t he have just been able to tell Clembot to go somewhere else and leave him in peace?”

“That seems reasonable enough…” The Judge said before rudely being interrupted with a,

OBJECTION! Aren’t you forgetting one thing, Ms Cykes?” Prosecutor Oakley snickered, waggling his finger. “The victim died at 10:21 in the morning, not 6:40 odd. Also, it was dark so who couldn’t say that Miss Pendragon was wrong with her judgement of the murderer? The prints of the defendant are all over the murder weapon and multiple people have seen the victim being killed by the defendant which can only mean one thing. The defendant has to be the killer!”

OBJECTION! Hasn’t someone testifying been enough to show there was at least a chance of another perpetrator?” Serena cried out angrily.

“Little girl, there is no evidence that proves otherwise,” Oakley smugly grinned. “I’m afraid there is nothing you can do. Your Honour, the prosecution asks for a verdict now, if you please.”

“Well, since the evidence does show the defendant as the killer, and what seems like an untruthful testimony when clashing against the evidence…” The Judge looked thoughtful for a moment until he looked up sternly. “I guess I don’t see any reason as to why this trial should continue.” Amy gasped but looked down, tears welling in her eyes since she knew she was telling the truth. The defence attorneys, plus Serena and Bonnie, paled in colour, as did Trucy and Ash in the gallery. No way, the trial shouldn’t be over yet, it couldn’t! The Judge raised his gavel and talked in a formal voice. “Ahem… this court finds the defendant, Clemont Citridark…”

“OBJECTION!” Heads turned at the new voice who had entered the fray, much surprised to see a young, hat wearing boy, standing between the two benches, arm outstretched with a pointed finger. “I won’t… I can’t… let this travesty of a trial end like this!”

“A… Ash?!” Bonnie and Serena gasped in unison, although having known their friend was watching, they didn’t realise that he would interject, both of them had thought he wanted nothing to do with Regional Trials. Clemont however, looked up at his best friend, nearly brother in his mind, with surprise and glee. He couldn’t believe his friend would push his past to the back of his mind, his anger and hatred, all to save him from an unjust verdict. Phoenix noticed the shocked yet proud expressions on Athena and Apollo’s faces, of which he might have had as well if he hadn’t noticed the boy jump up from his seat a few moments earlier and yet, as a father, he felt pride more than anything. Seeing a child, any child, fight their fears for another person would always bring a sense of pride and joy in a parent’s heart and yet, here he was, feeling it now. Prosecutor Oakley, however, wasn’t impressed at all with what had happened.

“What’s this? The defence has another child up their sleeves?” He rhetorically asked, the left eyebrow rising up into a delicate arch. “This trail, young boy, isn’t a travesty, its justice. The defendant is guilty and we have proved that.”

“No!” Ash cried, eyes blinking as he rapidly tried to force back the salty tears that were forming within them. “You’ve missed so many things! The justice system hasn’t changed a bit!” He looked down, trying to push back the memories of his past yet, he couldn’t. Images flashed before his eyes like a slideshow of horror. Blank looking faces, his cries for them to listen, the evidence, the judge raising his gavel, the announcement of the verdict… guilty. “It’s still corrupt! And even now, when honest defence attorneys from the continents try and change it, it still doesn’t change!”

“How dare you…! Law is absolute!” Oakley scowled angrily, fists banging down on his desk heavily. “Young brats like you have no idea…”

“YOU have no idea! Have you ever been on the side of the defendant, or the witness? Hmm?” Even the prosecutor couldn’t help but notice the blue glow that was enveloping the boy’s irises, making him cower slightly as a feeling of coldness washed over his body. “No, I don’t think so! You just work towards that whole ‘the end justifies the means’ crap that still exists in our system!”

“Face it young man, the defendant is guilty. The evidence points to it; there is nothing that can prove the boy’s innocence,” Oakley pulled all of his papers together, tapping them gently against the desk and looked up at the Judge. “The prosecution rests its case, Your Honour.”

Phoenix couldn’t help but notice the shock, sadness and anger that filled Ash’s eyes as that was said, his body shaking like a leaf in a particularly horrible, chilling breeze. He couldn’t help but look down, he had failed his client, knowing now how corrupt the Regional Law was compared to the Continental Law. Athena and Apollo were sharing his sadness whilst Bonnie was crying into Serena’s coat as the older girl wrapped her arms around the young one in a sense of comfort.

Ash couldn’t believe it, once again the law had ruined the life of someone close to him, he saw Clemont as a brother and… there was him. The Kanto native didn’t move, nor could he at the moment. Tears finally fell from his cheeks, the pain hidden deep inside rushed out, revealing themselves for all to see. He closed his eyes and wished, no, prayed for a miracle to occur right at that moment, not even noticing or feeling the presence in front of him.

“You want to help out, right?” A voice, light in tone with knowledge well beyond their natural years, entered his ears, making him look up, in surprise to see a woman, slightly transparent in appearance, standing in front of him. “Yes or no, quickly.”

“Yes…” Ash whispered, trying not to let anyone hear him. The twelve year old quite rightly believed that no one else could see her at that moment, as they continued their actions without a second glance.

“I can sense it in you, the power that counterbalances my family’s own. You can channel the auras of the dead, can’t you?” She smiled softly, long brown hair moving slightly with her head movements.

“But… I’ve never been able too. I’ve never had that emotional kick start…”

“How about now? Have you ever been able to see ghosts before?” That made him think for a second, apart from ghost pokémon and certain spectral ghosts that made themselves visible to multiple people, no, he hadn’t but apparently, he should do, when his ability was fully… unlocked… wait, did that mean, he could do it now?! He quickly shook his head, glee filling his veins. “There you go, it has unlocked from what has happened, so please, channel me and I promise you I will save your friend.”

“You’d do that?” He asked in slight suspicion.

“I used to be a continental defence attorney you know, now… follow the methods taught to you. Then, we’ll show them what it really means to cross our families.” She gave him a confident grin, confirming his thoughts about her, she used to be a Fey. He quickly closed his eyes, extending the power from his body to meet her spirit, making a connection within moments, and even then, he didn’t believe he heard the shocked gasps as the channelling began and he lost consciousness.

It started off as a light blue aurora that surrounded the raven haired trainer’s body, slowly swirling around him to create a mini vortex that grew in size. For many, this was a first time experience, something totally new to their eyes, something their brains couldn’t comprehend. For the group of friends, it reminded them of what happened to Greninja after the self-named Synchro Evolution began, like the watery veil which covered the figure all over. The vortex lasted all of ten seconds, disappearing to reveal something extremely shocking.

Once, where Ash stood, was now a woman in her mid-twenties who had a decently appealing hour-glass figure. Her hair was the same colour and style as the disappearing boy’s with a small change, her fringe swept over to the left side of her face, a beauty spot was located underneath her lips on the right side. However, that wasn’t all, or the major thing that attracted themselves to her appearance, it was the clothing. She was wearing the same outfit as the raven haired trainer’s and, by the looks of it, in the same size as his clothing was too. The jacket and top finished just underneath her breasts, a partial cleavage of which could be seen here the t-shirt usually hung nicely, causing her to fold her arms underneath her curves for a sense of modesty, allowing full view of her midriff below. What once were baggy, jean like, trousers had shrunk into knee high shorts, tight and clingy to her frame, however the shoes were one of the only things that seemed to have changed to match their wearer, alongside the fingerless gloves and hat.

People stared, not being able to comprehend what had just occurred, wondering how a seemingly normal child could transform into a beautiful woman in the space of mere seconds. No one said a word for a while, all of them in shock to even ask questions, the younger trainers shocked the most out of all of this. What was going on and why didn’t Ash tell them that, oddly enough, he could do something like that, whatever that was. However, one person knew the figure all too well.

Phoenix couldn’t believe his eyes, after all, learning that only females of the Fey clan could channel the dead and yet, a twelve year old male did the same thing right in front of a large audience of viewers, really confused him but, his focus wasn’t on that right now, it was on the woman, his old mentor and chief before her untimely death. Although she wasn’t looking at him, he somehow knew why she was here, to turn this trial around and save Clemont. He remained staring until the Judge’s voice brought him, and practically everyone else in the courtroom, out of their thoughts.

“What’s going on in here?! And who on earth is this beautiful lady?” The bearded old man questioned, looking as confused as everyone else was. The woman flicked her fringe and gave the Judge a confident yet kind smile.

“I’m sure standard procedures apply for newcomers to the court…” She smirked and whipped her head around to Oakley, whose face had turned red from the viewpoint he had graced with. “You.”

“Who? Me?” He stuttered, slightly surprised that the woman was addressing him.

“Who else is on the prosecutor’s bench? Ask me the same questions you ask new witnesses, go on now. Don’t be shy.” Although she seemed to be kind in her words, she was actually being quite sarcastic, grilling out the man wearing the badge on the opposite side of the defence.

“Alright then, whoever you are, state your name and occupation.” The woman flicked her fringe with one hand, still retaining her modesty by keeping one arm over the bottom of the top half clothing that was a few sizes too small for her frame.

“My name is Mia Fey, I used to be a defence attorney but… I guess you could say my occupation is that of being… permantly retired.”

Last edited:
First to reply! I like this fanfiction because the words are good and chosen to be very smooth like a real book. I'm not native English speaking, but I can tell that you are good at writing. Beautiful.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom