• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Acquiring and posting images

rockersk08

Reaction score
I was just curious about this, but how are images from the anime acquired and posted?

Photobucket/Google image search/etc.

That, and people take screenshots of the anime using DVDs, YouTube Downloader, all that stuff.

Pretty simple, really. Of course, there might be other ways I don't know about.

Of course, try not to take ones from other sites like Dogasu's Backpack, Serebii, etc...

Isn't DB part of Bulbagarden?

I think it's an affiliate... and BTW, IMO it's alright to take images from other sites if you leave due credit OR if the images can be found elsewhere and have no reasonable way of tracing them back to the original site.

Affiliate, subsite, we technically own the space they have.

But still. Different images are GOOD. Especially shiny big ones you get yourself. More rewarding like that. Who doesn't like seeing an image they put up as the episode for the article? I know I do! Tanks for the Memories, hell yes.

I certainly hope NO ONE uses YouTube for images. Ever. YouTube videos are low quality and they look awful.

You're right, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were fan sites out there containing images obtained off of YouTube videos.

Some people just don't care about quality, sadly. :/

It's one thing if the picture is horrendously off-color and/or blurry and obviously render-disorienting.

It's another when the picture is all-out fine except for the tightness of pixel quality which people seem to covet and call to arms to rally for.

Quality is in the eye of the beholder. If YouTube is all you have to get the image no one else is getting, then at least there's /something/ instead of no picture at all.

What about using the Print Screen key on the computer, pasting the contents to Paint and cutting out the desired image? Would that be okay (saved as PNG of course)?

It's okay, provided that it's not taken from the other sites or, like Sketch said, from Youtube.

Emulators? What are those. They don't exist. We attach cameras to our game systems and get the images that way.

No, but really, we do use the e-word. Having said that we all did buy our own copies of the game and we do play them exclusively; why else do the weather conditions images feature the early routes of the game?

No seriously, they all do. Even the sandstorm one. I edited Route 102. If I had the ability to do it any other way I would.

So, I tried to get an anime snapshot from EP103 in order to get a picture of Exeggutor using Egg Bomb. I watched the episode on my computer from the DVD on Windows Media Player. When I found the shot I wanted, I used the print screen key before pasting to Paint. Well, the image did not turn out as I hoped. Some parts of the scene were cut out, and when I tried to cut out the image from the entire shot of the player, it would only capture a portion of the anime snapshot. Probably copyright protection involved.

Some versions of WMP let you take screenshots using WMP itself, but of course we've got the asshattery of the media empires whining that their profits aren't gigantic. Honestly, sell frickin' T-shirts.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom