• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

^ That doesn't matter. Contestshipping has its own hints, and we prefer those. ;]

In any case...there's no need to stop liking Advanceshipping or whatever just because May isn't gonna cameo or whatever (I really don't think she will, sadly, even though I'd love to see her). If Pokeshippers can keep going, then Advanceshippers definitely can too.

Just dropping in to say that the short essays that have been posted here quickly bolstered my passion of ADV, and I *might* start to post more and lurk less. Blurbs like those are the things I'm looking for, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. :3

*Rocker Stamp of Approval here*

Very recently, it has been revealed that
Brock and Dawn will make an appearance in BW. Thus, I see no reason why May is any less likely to make another cameo.

I have not heard of this before.

And Rocker's back.

I tie him with my Ranger Rope with the Pokéball end to stop him disappearing again.

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw the Bulbanews thread.

Last edited:

Yep, we damn do need a new topic.

Will Ash and May's relationship change from the time they've been apart?

Absence makes the heart grow fonder ;)

Great topic! I think it would definitely change; they both would have matured and experienced a lot more of the world and life as a whole. I think their outlook on life would have broadened considerably, and so they'd appreciate each other a lot more; in essence, I agree with DarkDreams - absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Due to them being apart so long and May proving at the end of AG that she didn't a mentor with her all the time, their relationship certainly changes. The mentor-student relationship only exists in the form of memories now. It has been replaced by a Student-has-proved-him/herself-equal-to-the-mentor kind of relationship.

I think May will have learned a lot from travelling alone in Johto, particularly how it feels to be by herself, without Ash cheering for her in Contests. At the same time, we know from the Wallace Cup that May's half ribbon is very important to her, being a luck charm for her Contests, although that is nothing compared to Ash actually being there and supporting her.

On Ash's side, the ribbon is obviously very important to him as well. He seems just as attached to it as May is, and it is reasonable to assume that he always carries it on his person. I hope he takes it out more often in BW.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder ;

That quote seems to perfectly fit May's character. Nice.

I don't think I've greeted you yet, Swampert55. Welcome! :D

Yeah, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm quite busy nowadays...

Yes. It already changed ever since May left and Ash went to Sinnoh. Both of them keep their ribbon halves with them at all times to remember each other by and to give each other the encouragement they need. That's where DD's quote fits right in, and that's why we got that great hint during the Wallace Cup arc in DP.

I don't think I've greeted you yet, Swampert55. Welcome! :D

Yeah, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm quite busy nowadays...

Yes. It already changed ever since May left and Ash went to Sinnoh. Both of them keep their ribbon halves with them at all times to remember each other by and to give each other the encouragement they need. That's where DD's quote fits right in, and that's why we got that great hint during the Wallace Cup arc in DP.
Yeah, I think DD's quote fits very well with the situation of Ash and May right now. I think the ribbon will always remind them of the great times they shared together as friends and as a couple; so yeah, to answer the topic, their relationship has changed a lot when May went to Johto.
Of course, we all hope May comes back when they make remakes for Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald and when she does, we all hope Ash and May still have their ribbons halves...
Wow..., not much activity here...

Last edited:

I've only been in the Pokemon fandom for around a year.

Wow, really? I've been in the Pokémon fandom since 1998.

Very recently, it has been revealed that Brock and Dawn will make an appearance in BW.

What is your source for claiming that Brock and Dawn will appear in BW?

In any case...there's no need to stop liking Advanceshipping or whatever just because May isn't gonna cameo or whatever (I really don't think she will, sadly, even though I'd love to see her).

This.

If Pokeshippers can keep going, then Advanceshippers definitely can too.

Also this.

I'm hoping that if a change will happen, it's for the better. I'm talking about Ash's dense-ness, of course. That alone, I think, is the most important detail that must be fixed in order for Advance to ... advance.

Its good to be back with my fellow AdvanceShippers, and its nice to see that there was alot of activity while I was gone.

Its also nice to see that there are some new members. So welcome to all new members !! :D

I'm hoping that if a change will happen, it's for the better. I'm talking about Ash's dense-ness, of course. That alone, I think, is the most important detail that must be fixed in order for Advance to ... advance.

There are many changes that can be made but I agree Ash's dense-ness should be the first thing that they should change because that will play a big role on Ash's relationship with May

If Ash loses his denseness, or even loses some of it...
I think would change their relationship for the better... even with May's long absense
Oh, on a different topic...
Have a good holiday and a happy new year everyone...
Hope ADV stays strong in 2011.

Last edited:

I'd better clear up my answer.
Ash has to lose his dense-ness, but only at the "right moment". We don't want him to become too girl-crazy like Brock(heaven forbid), and if it has to disappear, then it has to be when May is around. Technically speaking that would be love at first sight, amirite?:-D

I'd better clear up my answer.
Ash has to lose his dense-ness, but only at the "right moment". We don't want him to become too girl-crazy like Brock(heaven forbid), and if it has to disappear, then it has to be when May is around. Technically speaking that would be love at first sight, amirite?:-D
Yeah, I never thought thought that Ash would start acting like Brock lol. Ash would have to lose his dense-ness when May is around acting all flirty with Ashy.

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/blog.php?b=22135

Advanceshipping

Back In Time - Sonic R - Like I said, Sonic songs = shipping songs. This one is in the same train of thought as You're My Hero, but it's more upbeat and happy, which I think coincides with May's bubblier and happy-go-lucky personality. Concept is simple: May is traveling through Johto, is regretting splitting up and experiencing a whole new lifestyle that she finds she didn't want, and wants to be taken "Back in Time" to when she was with Ash and the only thing they had to worry about was where they "want to go." It's cute, it's simple, it works.

Pop Star - Eurobeat (Kirby 64 remix) When I think of the cutesey side Ash and May on a regular day, I think of Kirby music. This is the standard "Ash and May walking to the next town" kind of song. Very upbeat, just like the original song this is based off of, but the Euro-beat take on it brings in a sense of action that Ash brings in every day.

Jump! Jump! Jump! (Mario Dance Dance Revolution) - This is actually my bootlegged theme for May when she is doing a Contest Appeal, but I also use this theme for when Ash is coaching May, before her first contest, before the first contest she won, whatever. I get the "Tutorial" vibe when I listen to this song, and upbeat + cheerful = AS to me, so it's basic math.

Sweet Mountain, Act 3 (Sonic Colors) - Oh look, more Sonic Colors music. Take what i said about the previous Colors songs, and apply it to this song and AS. This one actually has a little bonus to it if you like to think Ash and May are big eaters; I wonder how they'd react if they found out they could run through donuts and hamburgers, burrow into cake, slide on icing, and had to avoid sprinkle missiles.

Aquaplanet (Aqualiss remix, Kirby Super Star I don't really like to use water songs for anything not Pokeshipping when it comes to shipping, but Kirby songs seem to make me think of AS to well. Ash and May's water theme, I suppose, especially the Luvdisc scene in the 9th movie, particularly during 3:05 and on in the song.

Sp1derp1g's not the only one with an AS soundtrack :p Dunno about his, but mine is almost entirely from video game music though.

Surely other people have something like this? A personal soundtrack for AS that not only describes AS as a whole, but describes specific scenarios pertaining to AS?

Last edited:

Very recently, it has been revealed that
Brock and Dawn will make an appearance in BW. Thus, I see no reason why May is any less likely to make another cameo.

Stand together, Advanceshippers! We have every reason to carry on.

I'm actually not surprised by this, since May's wooden Teddiursa figurine made a same camo in BW episode 1 most of us had a gut feeling that May would make some sort of camo. my best guess of her coming back is when R/S/E is remade. but now Brock and DAwn are coming back it does give us more reasons to raise our hopes that May's camo isn't very far away.

And more fanart by me! yay xD

http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/#/d351lck

I'm actually not surprised by this, since May's wooden Teddiursa figurine made a same camo in BW episode 1 most of us had a gut feeling that May would make some sort of camo. my best guess of her coming back is when R/S/E is remade. but now Brock and DAwn are coming back it does give us more reasons to raise our hopes that May's camo isn't very far away.

And more fanart by me! yay xD

http://slivermoon602.deviantart.com/#/d351lck
I don't want to be a jerk, but they may replace May with another girl like they did with Crystal and HG/SS. Lets just hope that doesn't happen when they make R/S/E sometime in 2011- 2012.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all...

But unlike with Kris who was exclusive to Crystal and thus not as significant as May who has appeared in RS and E and has been a main character in the anime for a period of 4 years and some cameos. There is little need to replace her.

May's best chance at making a cameo is RSEmakes. Without that, she may not appear again.

Back
Top Bottom