• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Re: AdvanceShipping Nation

How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper? Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?

Obsessing over a fictional character can be at times, a bad thing pretty much. I kinda made a total dork outta myself when I went to school w/ my binder decorated w/ Ash and May pictures...ppl in my class thought I was weird to a greater extent. in fact, the majority of them are old-school Pokemon fans, by old-school, they're PokeShippers. So due to May's absence, it did affected me at first b/c then she wouldn't be around w/ Ash anymore unitl I got used to the fact that she's no longer needed since the anime is focusing on D/P/Plt which was Dawn's time to shine. Last year, I became good friends w/ sum 1 from dA and she told me about the things that AdvanceShipping is going to be canon since it's really popular in Japan, I believed her and from that moment on, I made a series of Pokemon comics(i.e PokeShortZ). Eventually my AdvanceShipping spirit has gone down in a significant amount during July so up to now, I'm just alright w/ the pairing, not too obsessed, but just alright.:)

Ash isn't winning the Isshu League with such weak pokemon. Pikachu getting owned by Jarlovy and a whole bunch of other weak starter base form pokemon too. Time to call upon charizard, sceptile, gliscor, torterra, infernape and donphan or snorlax or heracross for back up.

I'm not sure if bringing back the following Pokemon that Ash owned b/c of Pikachu getting his butt whooped would be such a good idea. They are strong but I think it will be too much and boring if Ash keeps pwning gyms w/ his strongest Pokemon and it can overshadow his other Pokemon. We don't want Isshu to be like Johto now do we?;-)

How has your opinion of Advanceshipping changed from your initial reaction to it over the time you've been an Advanceshipper? Has May's current absence from the show diminished your enthusiasm for Advanceshipping or only strengthened your resolve?

Obsessing over a fictional character can be at times, a bad thing pretty much. I kinda made a total dork outta myself when I went to school w/ my binder decorated w/ Ash and May pictures...ppl in my class thought I was weird to a greater extent. in fact, the majority of them are old-school Pokemon fans, by old-school, they're PokeShippers. So due to May's absence, it did affected me at first b/c then she wouldn't be around w/ Ash anymore unitl I got used to the fact that she's no longer needed since the anime is focusing on D/P/Plt which was Dawn's time to shine. Last year, I became good friends w/ sum 1 from dA and she told me about the things that AdvanceShipping is going to be canon since it's really popular in Japan, I believed her and from that moment on, I made a series of Pokemon comics(i.e PokeShortZ). Eventually my AdvanceShipping spirit has gone down in a significant amount during July so up to now, I'm just alright w/ the pairing, not too obsessed, but just alright.:)

I'm in year 12 now and my form class knows i like pokemon. they tease me about it but when they see me draw the two. they shut up becoz they somehow like me art o.o. (its a good feeling to be right) most of my friends knows I LOVE advanceshipping, and they like it as well, just not as much as us here on the forums. rofl.

Ash isn't winning the Isshu League with such weak pokemon. Pikachu getting owned by Jarlovy and a whole bunch of other weak starter base form pokemon too. Time to call upon charizard, sceptile, gliscor, torterra, infernape and donphan or snorlax or heracross for back up.

All the pokemon that didn't made a debut in the Sinnoh league would make a camo in the Unova league like Bayleaf and a few more. even though that is a strong team, the writers are never going to listen what we have to say. >.>

Edit: I FOUND SUZO'S WEBSITE! LETS REJOICE! After a long serch i finally found him/her. so many new works.

http://suzu.raindrop.jp/

There is the link. yayayay.

Last edited:

I've already found her webbie a few pages ago xD

It's nice to know that she still draws though :3

Haven't Been here in a while...

I personally have loved ADV from the start since I watch AG actually although I wouldn't call mayself obessesed about I most certainly love it alot.(its the ship I write the most fanfiction about) Honestly as I pick up more anime and manga pokemon sort of gets pushed back in my mind although it will always be one of my favourite things in the world. Its probably one of the ships that would rile me up like some other shows I'm wacthing... Actually I find her absence diminishes my interest in pokemon anime but not pokemon itself. But absence makes the fonder so lets hope Ash feels the same way.

(from the serebii advanceshipping tread)

What the!? That's my topic...

I suppose that my initial reaction to Advanceshipping, considering that it was to the events of AG072/73/74, was somewhat hasty and misjudged. Since I was unfamiliar to the AG, I assumed that nearly every episode would have similar shippy moments. Unfortunately, that assumption was not correct. Having gone back and watched all Advanceshipping hints, though, there really is no new material to really motivate me in the current state of the anime. The occasional fanart or fanfic is sufficient.

As for the second question, I think May's absence from the group throughout most of DP and, as it appears, BW, has really been a Double-Edge. Of course none of us wanted to see May leave, and we in this thread have lost quite a bit of our energy since her departure. On the other hand, we have considerable hope to rally around, supported by May's Wallace Cup cameo. Personally, I think that I've become very stubborn about my support, having been averse to watching most of DP and now BW. Perhaps now I have motivation to write more.

My interest has remained the same. My interest in this thread however is going through a slow death. There is still hope though.

My interest has remained the same. My interest in this thread however is going through a slow death. There is still hope though.

Maybe =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbjNW7SdO_I

And this is a pretty cute AMV :3

Same here

Screenshot2011-01-27at35920AM.png

Another little cameo from May :D

I really like how the AG picture was so lively xD Everyone is smiling more. Maybe Ash liked his Adventure with May better ;) Who knows

I Haven't been in for a while.

Am I the only one who was bugged that the only reason why Advance has less hints than others was because the other shipping pages would include minor items while in Advance it's like someone's watching it like a Wargle, removing a hint just as minor as the ones included in the other pages as soon as someone puts it up? I could be wrong, because I don't know how to make contributions to the wiki, but still, can someone clear it for me?

I Haven't been in for a while.

Am I the only one who was bugged that the only reason why Advance has less hints than others was because the other shipping pages would include minor items while in Advance it's like someone's watching it like a Wargle, removing a hint just as minor as the ones included in the other pages as soon as someone puts it up? I could be wrong, because I don't know how to make contributions to the wiki, but still, can someone clear it for me?

It's because we're lazy =P

AdvanceShippers try to write hints that ACTUALLY are hints. We've discussed a few here, but no-one wrote them in yet.

Actually, I think pokeshipping and Advanceshipping are pretty much tied for the amount of shiptease they got. Advanceshipping also had to deal with Drew, though.

Out of all the main girl ships, Pearlshipping probably has the least amount of hints.

Not that I'm trying to offend other shippers. Just because we're running out of things to talk about shouldn't mean we have to start disproving other ships. I hate it when people do that.

Actually, I think pokeshipping and Advanceshipping are pretty much tied for the amount of shiptease they got. Advanceshipping also had to deal with Drew, though.

Out of all the main girl ships, Pearlshipping probably has the least amount of hints.

Not that I'm trying to offend other shippers. Just because we're running out of things to talk about shouldn't mean we have to start disproving other ships. I hate it when people do that.

We weren't doing anything of the sort ._. Rider asked us why our BP page had less hints in it when the others had things like "X said that Y was amazing!"

And we're really dry for topics..

It was more about people possibly misinterpreting my words.

I don't know if we've had this topic before, I haven't really kept up, but:

If May got her own Special Episode, what would happen in it?

It's something interesting to consider, since Dawn and Brock are getting a Special all about them. Misty also had one in the past, I think, and the writers apparently found it neccesary to tell us that May had won the Johto Grand Festival. Something I find pretty damn cool, since it means that they're actually considering May as an important character to the show with an ongoing story of her own, rather than just another face to put on a picture on a wall.

Also, there will be the inevitable Ruby/Sapphire remake in the future.

The Future is Bright. The future is orange.

I remembered that there are are a lot more hints in the Advance page than how it is now. Somebody cropped the minor hints, but my memory's hazy so I can't remember how many of these minor hints were removed. But I do remember that the page is a lot larger from what I remembered than it is now.

I have nothing against the opposing ships, but I see that the Pearl and Poke pages are larger because they have included minor hints, and no one's even bothered to discuss them whether they should stay on the page or be removed. Even the Negai page is rapidly growing at this point so early for Best Wishes, and some of the hints are questionable, to say the least.

I remembered that there are are a lot more hints in the Advance page than how it is now. Somebody cropped the minor hints, but my memory's hazy so I can't remember how many of these minor hints were removed. But I do remember that the page is a lot larger from what I remembered than it is now.

I have nothing against the opposing ships, but I see that the Pearl and Poke pages are larger because they have included minor hints, and no one's even bothered to discuss them whether they should stay on the page or be removed. Even the Negai page is rapidly growing at this point so early for Best Wishes, and some of the hints are questionable, to say the least.

I just checked the article, and you were right. I just edited some things in, thanks for the heads up =]

For the record, I'm the one that combs each article for irrelevant information (though not necessarily the only one who removes hints). *project leader* The Advance page is shorter because it's not divided into Ash's hints and May's hints. Your hints are consolidated; the others aren't.

Back
Top Bottom