• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

OOOH!!! YAYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! It's back guys! It's really really baack!!! =DDDD ... I must be dreaming... *pinches self* OUCH!... I'M NOT!!! IT'S BACK! It's back! *jumps up and down like a child on suger rush and starts happy dancing*

What movie would you like to see Ash and May in?

Hm... Yea I don't watch much movies unless I get asked... So I usually watch horrors... Uh, I forget the title of this one movie... But this guy dies and then he's all out on a mission before he walks into the light. He has to save the girl. Then he trie to tell her he loves her. In the end they both tell each other they love each other. The guy gets freed into the light and goes to heaven. So um yea... HOW ABOUT THAT ONE? (though personally I thought the ninth movie was good enough...)

Why do you like AdvanceShipping?
At first i didnt like it at all but then i started to like it just becuase of a stupid dream XD!!!So i started to like advanceshipping so why not xD!!

I've answered this so many times, but I'll do it again ^^;

The main reason I like Advanceshipping is because I believe Ash and May's natures are so closely aligned to each other. They compliment each other on so many levels that I think they would just make a really great relationship.

The teacher/student dynamic is cute, but for me it goes beyond that. What I basically think of Advanceshipping, is that it's like two best friends getting together, and in my opinion, that's always a recipe for relationship success, provided they still have that chemistry and spark between each other, which I believe Ash and May do, especially after watching the 9th Movie and those first few Hoenn episodes where May seemed desperate to get Ash to come along with her.

I've never been big on the whole "arguing = love" thing that a lot of people support, so Advanceshipping is a very fresh, non-cliche pairing for me - two people who get along great, support each other above themselves, and have a huge amount in common. Yes, May is a coordinator and Ash is a battler, but as the anime has shown many times this line can be a pretty blurry one at times.

Also, Advanceshipping "evolved" very nicely for me throughout the Hoenn episodes. There was that initial spark in the early episodes, then the gradual increase in terms of what they did for each other (Ash going to May's rescue in Grass Hysteria, the famous scene in Date Expectations, and then of course the 9th movie). In this respect, I think it has a very nice timeline of events - not too rushed, and not stretched too thin, either.

So to sum it all up - at the end of the day, I think Ash and May would make a great couple, and that's why I support it. Even if it may not be the most canon 'ship around, it's still the best in my mind.

If we're talking just Pokemon movies, then I think it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if it was May, not Misty, in either the second or fifth movies. And if it isn't just Pokemon, then I'd have to say, seeing them in Ponyo or FFVII: AC would make an interesting dynamic, wouldn't it?

Re: The Advanceshipping Thread

Hya!! Advanceshipping thread! Iam back!! I miss you guys, but I can't post a long post now, I don't have much time today, but next, maybe I will post a long post. Huehuehue.
Just say hello, and good bye.

Bye!

OMYGOODNESS! I think I’ve just found something big…

So…I was doing some research on Japanese culture and what is considered romantic…and there is this “lovers knot” you can make in origami. It’s supposed to “connect two lovers…etc” Well, here is what an origami lover’s knot looks like…

NewLoversKnot.jpg

loveknot2.gif

Doesn’t it look familiar????

ASHMAYRIBBON.jpg

The terracotta ribbon is a strange shape to begin with. The other ribbons that May won looked different, like actual ribbons. But this? And its specific shape?????

:eek:

(these pics were found on this website.)

what do you guys think about that?

ah yes, before i sign off, a little "welcome back" gift to the thread....

Kiss-edit-2.gif

making edits are hard but worth it in the end ^^

(do i need to spoiler this? or anything in this post? if so, im so sorry for not doing so - i'll fix it at once if one points out something is wrong ^^")

...:D...=DDD. Even though the lovers knot thing doesn't really look like the ribbon, but it resembles a ribbon. So, I guess it could be counted as a hint. The luvdisc thing is also cute :D

I won't mind you updating the ADV site, i'm happy to help!

Tuck Everlasting. Beautiful movie. The waterfall scene was just adorable, it actually sparked a fanfic.
--

Explanding on the Norman/Caroline thing, it can also be noted that Norman has dark hair and eyes like Ash, and May has brown hair like Caroline and Delia. Does anyone think it's fishy that Ash noticed something in "Love, PetalBurg style"? I mean, he's normally oblivious to stuff like that.

--

Love the banner :D

Does anyone think it's fishy that Ash noticed something in "Love, PetalBurg style"? I mean, he's normally oblivious to stuff like that.

Maybe he fakes being oblivious or something...I'm just saying.

Oh, and here's a screenshot I posted in the old thread:

1zz2o1g.jpg

Man, I love this screenshot!

That's a nice screenshot

Like most of the fans from the very beginning of Pokemon, I knew that Ash and Misty were meant to be together.It was a fact and no one could deny it, there were no war against other shippings at all. Everything was good, but at some point, Pokemon started to decline and I grew tired of it by the end of Jhoto and left .

Some time later I found that they were realeasing a new game with new pokemon and I liked the character design for the main trainers. But it was my surprise that the girl from the new games would appear in the anime( I saw a pic with Ash wearing his new clothes and this new trainer, and I thought it was fake) and for some odd reason , I liked the idea that she and Ash would make a cute couple and BAM, I converted from Pokeshipper to Advanceshipper even before I watched the first AG episode. ( but, there's no chance that this would happen to me again and convert to other shipping, cause Advanceshipping has been the only shipping I have fully supported ).

So I could say that Advanceshipping was a big part for why I started to like Pokemon again, the introduction of Haruka gave the anime a fresh change. Then the first ep and hints( like May teasing Ash about love) came and I realized that it wasn't only my imagination .As the relationship grew more and more I realized that it actually has good chances of becoming canon, as every other main shipping.

New thread huh? well, let's start posting some
FANART!
Harurd02.jpg

Satord01.jpg

Artist: Me

OOOH!!! YAYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! It's back guys! It's really really baack!!! =DDDD ... I must be dreaming... *pinches self* OUCH!... I'M NOT!!! IT'S BACK! It's back! *jumps up and down like a child on suger rush and starts happy dancing*

Hm... Yea I don't watch much movies unless I get asked... So I usually watch horrors... Uh, I forget the title of this one movie... But this guy dies and then he's all out on a mission before he walks into the light. He has to save the girl. Then he trie to tell her he loves her. In the end they both tell each other they love each other. The guy gets freed into the light and goes to heaven. So um yea... HOW ABOUT THAT ONE? (though personally I thought the ninth movie was good enough...)

I think you mean Ghost.

That was a nice movie.

That's a nice screenshot

Like most of the fans from the very beginning of Pokemon, I knew that Ash and Misty were meant to be together.It was a fact and no one could deny it, there were no war against other shippings at all. Everything was good, but at some point, Pokemon started to decline and I grew tired of it by the end of Jhoto and left .

Some time later I found that they were realeasing a new game with new pokemon and I liked the character design for the main trainers. But it was my surprise that the girl from the new games would appear in the anime( I saw a pic with Ash wearing his new clothes and this new trainer, and I thought it was fake) and for some odd reason , I liked the idea that she and Ash would make a cute couple and BAM, I converted from Pokeshipper to Advanceshipper even before I watched the first AG episode. ( but, there's no chance that this would happen to me again and convert to other shipping, cause Advanceshipping has been the only shipping I have fully supported ).

So I could say that Advanceshipping was a big part for why I started to like Pokemon again, the introduction of Haruka gave the anime a fresh change. Then the first ep and hints( like May teasing Ash about love) came and I realized that it wasn't only my imagination .As the relationship grew more and more I realized that it actually has good chances of becoming canon, as every other main shipping.

New thread huh? well, let's start posting some
FANART!
Harurd02.jpg

Satord01.jpg

Artist: Me

Hey! I was almost the same as you :D Except I saw some fanart during a quick internet search of "Ashy May", and converted then (Well, I've never watched Pokemon then so I only knew Misty and Ash).

Love the art. I can only wish to draw like that *-* I love how you got the red thread of destiny into it :D

I also like how it's 'thread' and 'thread' xD

1.because I don't really like Misty. She was too adult for Ash. I think she better with Tracey or Brock. So,it means I don't like pokeshipping

2.and because i don't really like Dawn too. She was too young for Ash and not match with him.

3. I like this shipping when I first saw pokemon advanced generation series. I think, May and Ash look like a good couple, better than Misty. And after that, I realized that this shipping was the cutest one from another shipping. hhe
I think that the short reason why I like Advanceshipping

Pokemon movie 13, Zoroark: Ruler of Illusions. It's because it takes Johto's legendary pokemon (Raikou, Entei,Suicune, and Celebi), so I hope that May will appear.Just hope...

and I make some fanart:
design4c.jpg

(sorry, I can't draw hat..)

and in the previous post(in the older thread) I say that I try to make some banner.Here we are:
untitledcopy.jpg

(Oops, I think the banner was too big,I will resize it later. ;D)
as I guess, It became an abstract picture if I edit it. I will be happy if you leave a comment.thanks.

Wow!it's great! I always like your picture, Swampert!

Last edited:

Thanks bluemanaphy ! and both your fanart and the banner are really good!, I really like your style and colors on the fanart, and the banner is nicely done too. Keep making more please. xD

I love how you got the red thread of destiny into it :D

Thank you! This place ( well... the old Adv thread, but hopefully this too) is great to get ideas for fanart and fanfics I guess xD.

You know what they said about it, "the thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." I think it fits SatoHaru in a way...

Last edited:

1.because I don't really like Misty. She was too adult for Ash. I think she better with Tracey or Brock. So,it means I don't like pokeshipping

2.and because i don't really like Dawn too. She was too young for Ash and not match with him.

3. I like this shipping when I first saw pokemon advanced generation series. I think, May and Ash look like a good couple, better than Misty. And after that, I realized that this shipping was the cutest one from another shipping. hhe
I think that the short reason why I like Advanceshipping

Pokemon movie 13, Zoroark: Ruler of Illusions. It's because it takes Johto's legendary pokemon (Raikou, Entei,Suicune, and Celebi), so I hope that May will appear.Just hope...

and I make some fanart:
design4c.jpg

(sorry, I can't draw hat..)

and in the previous post(in the older thread) I say that I try to make some banner.Here we are:
untitledcopy.jpg

(Oops, I think the banner was too big,I will resize it later. ;D)
as I guess, It became an abstract picture if I edit it. I will be happy if you leave a comment.thanks.

Wow!it's great! I always like your picture, Swampert!
I like both the picture and the banner, bluemanaphy! So cute ^_^

Clarii, Swampert, thanks.. The compliment make me wanted to make a new fanart and banner. Hehehe

Rrrr... Someone have a topic?

Love your fanart BlueManaphy! It's so cute <33

Topic?

If May makes another camo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?

I'm hoping that she'll be watching Ash's league with or without her family. I mean, if Max suddenly said " Why don't you go and travel with Ash again? It's nice seeing you together!" And May blushes a bit, then hey! I'll be happy. If May watches it alone, i'm hoping she'll take out her ribbon...:D

If May makes another cameo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?

I'm hoping that she'll be watching Ash's league with or without her family. I mean, if Max suddenly said " Why don't you go and travel with Ash again? It's nice seeing you together!" And May blushes a bit, then hey! I'll be happy. If May watches it alone, i'm hoping she'll take out her ribbon...:D

I totally agree with this. More importantly, if she takes out her ribbon, I want to see Ash do it also, as a sort of connection/remembrance thing. Maybe Ash could ask for guidance from it, I dunno. Any of that would make me happy.

I'd do a happy dance if I learned May was coming back for a journey, though that's got a very, very low chance of happening. Still mildly hopeful, just like how some are hopeful Misty will come back.

To answer my own topic:

I would say Sherlock Holmes, the Star Wars series, Lady and the Tramp or any of the Indiana Jones films.

To answer the newest topic:

If May makes another cameo (Small or big)in DP, what kind of hints would she bring?

If May made another cameo in Diamond and Pearl, she would be watching Ash's Pokemon League competition with her family and taking out her half-ribbon. Max would inadvertantly jump in and say, "I always knew you and Ash would end up together!", causing May to continue watching Ash's league competition from her room without any interference from Max(with her half ribbon, of course).

Well, I think a brief scene of May watching either Ash's league challenge or Dawn's grand festival would be good, and her holding her ribbon-half would be a really nice bonus for Advanceshipping.

On the other hand, since I'm greedy, it'd be nice for May to return for a rematch with Dawn at the end of DP (when Ash and co presumably head to Pallet Town), and see her there for a couple of episodes. That way we'd have interaction between the two of them, and it'd just be plain awesome (another ribbon-joining scene, or perhaps a scene of the two of them taking a walk through Terracota Town and reminiscing of their battle of love). Oh, so many possibilities!

Swampert/Ash.mx, your artwork is super-awesome, as always. I was wondering where you went but I'm glad to see you're still proudly flying the Advanceshipping flag. You and Buster are definitely two of my most admired fanartists.

bluemanaphy - great artwork! I really love the expression you gave May; it really captures both her coy demeanour around Ash and a sense of excitement. Keep up the good work and please share with us if you do more!

DarkDreams, that's an awesome sketch you found. How the heck did you find that? Does the artist have any more? It's super cute!

Back
Top Bottom