• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

If Ash and May had superpower, what would they be, and how would they complement each other with them (like fire and water, etc)
I say that Ash should have some kind of physical superpower that can use to go head on maybe superstrength, or some kind of elemental attack like fire punches *insert Falcon Punch* and May would have some kind of special attack that she can use at a distance, like some kind of magic attacks (or maybe even use aura like Ash, that has never been done before) and she could also heal herself and Ash, as they have said before, War cannot be win without medics, *insert Joshscorcher discusion on TF2 Medic and Medic's uses on Mann vs Machine*
so yeah, and because I see that we are posting fanfics I wan't to send links to mine, mainly because I wanna see if it's worth leaving there or shoudl I go and rewrite (and because I want Princess of Hoenn's approval) so here they are
Afterlife, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction
Undead Love Chapter 1, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction
@DracoMan wow, if you do card for everyone that would be AWESOME XD

If Ash and May had superpower, what would they be, and how would they complement each other with them (like fire and water, etc)
I say that Ash should have some kind of physical superpower that can use to go head on maybe superstrength, or some kind of elemental attack like fire punches *insert Falcon Punch* and May would have some kind of special attack that she can use at a distance, like some kind of magic attacks (or maybe even use aura like Ash, that has never been done before) and she could also heal herself and Ash, as they have said before, War cannot be win without medics, *insert Joshscorcher discusion on TF2 Medic and Medic's uses on Mann vs Machine*
so yeah, and because I see that we are posting fanfics I wan't to send links to mine, mainly because I wanna see if it's worth leaving there or shoudl I go and rewrite (and because I want Princess of Hoenn's approval) so here they are
Afterlife, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction
Undead Love Chapter 1, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction
@DracoMan wow, if you do card for everyone that would be AWESOME XD

That's actually a good idea for superpowers, and it goes well with the TV Tropes "Guys Smash, Girls Shoot" and "Sword and Sorcerer."

[If Ash and May were to dress up as another OTP of yours (can be from any show), who would it be?:

Oh man all I can think of is yaoi...

apart from that I want them to be the main couple in Ao Haru Ride. THEY were cute. Oh gosh. I also wouldnt mind meself some Archer x Rin from FSN.

Nice to see some familiar faces around ^_^

yeah hi my quatra monthly check up

[If Ash and May were to dress up as another OTP of yours (can be from any show), who would it be?:

Oh man all I can think of is yaoi...

So damn true.

It's nice to see you back DD, if only for a little while *hugs tight* Why do you leave meeeeeeee :(

Another topic, since it is April Fools Day...

What would be the perfect April Fool's Joke for/as an Advanceshipper?

@aloasa: Oh, what is this about needing my approval? xD I feel embarrassingly flattered. Well, I did read both of them, and I have to say they're both wonderful :) I like "Afterlife" a bit better, but "Undead" is very intriguing for its zombie apocalypse setting. Nice job! :D (oh, and thanks for reviewing mine btw lol)

@Princess of Hoenn Thanks for the approval :), and
I guess a food related prank, like what they did in my new fanfic :), if you wanna read here is the link
Happy Foods, a pokémon fanfic | FanFiction
If you ask about the color chance is because I wanna use a new color for this month :)

Last edited:
Food? Throwing eggs? Uh...switching pokemon food between their pokemon? The only ones I can think of. *facepalm*
I like electric and fire. They complement each other the best.

Fire and water sounds not so bad, but I'll choose Ash as a legendary Assassin and May as a very skilled archer. She can defend and snipe the enemies while Ash sprints for the main enemy.

Too much Assassin's Creed and Avengers.

Play a prank on their parallel shipping - VineShipping. May finds out her Venusaur is a Bulbasaur (Ash's) and Ash finds his Bulbasaur had grown. Then the ensuing confusion and somehow Ash is excited because his Bulbasaur had 'grown' and May shocked to find her Venusaur 'devolute', only to find out it's April's Fool Day, played by an unknown person.

Since we are discussing superpowers that are similar to types, what type(s) will you give to Ash and May that represent AdvanceShipping?

I'll go with Fighting and Psychic, since Fighting-type represents most of Ash's personality - brave, fast and strong. Psychic-type basically represents the inner beauty of May - good-natured, intelligent and talented.

Have some announcement that ContestShipping was going canon in the anime. We'd all die a little on the inside. xD

Have some announcement that ContestShipping was going canon in the anime. We'd all die a little on the inside. xD

Oh, god...we WILL die.
what type(s) will you give to Ash and May that represent AdvanceShipping?

Fighting and Psychic sound good, electric and fire sound good...lots of things sound good. Anything's OK, I guess, as long as it pertains to Ash and May in some way.

Maybe grass type because they both have pokemon in the Bulbasaur family?

I mean, they have Squirtles too, but water type seems more Pokeshippish

Grass probably comes to mind first because of fanart

all of them are actually good, maybe also Normal considering that some of their pokemon ARE normal type, the fact that they have Munchlax and Snorlax family and that May's father is a Normal type Gym Leader

Indeed, Contestshipping becoming canon would be terrifying for us xD

What type(s) will you give to Ash and May that represent AdvanceShipping?

I would have to agree with aloasa with Normal type, because both of them have a good amount of Normal pokemon, then May's father is Norman, and they have a Munchlax and Snorlax pair......I would also say fire and grass (May and Ash respectively) to represent their Blaziken and Sceptile -- and that was a battle to be remembered.

And, since we're on the topic of powers/elemental types....

ADVpowers_zps4abaad54.png

[cause you and i,
we're reactive baby.]

Very good banner as always Princess, good job :) and now a new topic (I don't know if this was already ask)
If Ash and May could be the protagonist of any videogame what would it be and who would they be?

Ash should be Fire/Fighting, since those types both match his personality. May could be Psychic as a complement to Fighting Ash, and it would go with the "Sword and Sorcerer" TV Trope I mentioned earlier. Maybe Normal/Psychic, like Meloetta. (And they both sing, as Movie 6 showed us.)

Oh, and FYI, my album where I keep my ADV cards has been renamed "Sgt. Draco's Lonely Hearts Club Album," while I created a new "Chartreuse Album" for everything else, so don't look for cards in the latter. (And yes, you may notice the naming pattern. I think I'll call the next one the "Magical Mystery Album.")

If Ash and May could be the protagonist of any videogame what would it be and who would they be?

Legend of Zelda would be pretty sweet

Lol, what about Kirby? xD I mean... they eat a lot...

Kirby would actually be nice. I might have trouble with this one...recently, I suddenly became obsessed over the Pokeathlon and HeartGold is all I can see now. I can't remember all of the video games I played. But Legend of Zelda would be nice as well, and maybe even Mario. Naming the ones I see everywhere, everyday. Just to be general.

Also, nice banner, Princess!

Here the new topic.

What would Ash and May reactions to the Advanceshipping fandom (fanfiction, fanart, advancers site, other sites, etc...) ?

Back
Top Bottom