• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?

Don't worry GloomyHaruka, we all have those days ;)

I would say my favorite part would have to be the whole temple scene. Even if you aren't a shipper, it's nearly impossible to deny that that scene has some sort of romantic value, if not deep friendship value. And that's what we're all about here at Advanceshipping: friendship born romanticism <3

Ditto for me (the background music helps), though it would've been better with a bit more reaction from May when Ash proved that the reports of his death had been greatly exaggerated. Otherwise, it's perfect--ADV subtext to go with Ash's Big Damn Heroes moment (that's for my fellow TV Tropers).

Well, I would say may grew on me the most out of the other girls. Also the movies strongly indicate Ash and May's relationship most of the time.

35292198 m
According to this , May kissed Ash in censored episode !
Is It truth ?

No, there is no evidence to suggest anything of that nature occurred in any episode, censored or not. Probably someone just trying to spread a rumour.
It's only a rumour. I searched the whole internet for that episode and ended up wasting a month of my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
*takes out his new Black and Red megaphone* HELLOOO *takes it away* wow this baby works better than my last one... what's this??? a new topic that went behind my back? I'll fix this
What was your FAVORITE moment in the 9th movie?(sorry, my grammar nazi senses)
Well... I got to agree with Princess of Hoenn and say the scene in the temple, I mean that SOLD it, if someone was considering being an advanceshipper then seeing that fic would sold it for you, but the luvdisk part was cool too.
Well that's it, Aloasa
Signing ou........ wait THERE IS A SECOND ONE!!???...... *groans* fine
If you could get any 9th movie themed merch, what would you get? (the movie, soundtrack CD, manga, etc.)
Obviously the movie itself, but if there paintings or plushies then I would want it too :)
NOW..
Aloasa
Signing off.

Very good banner as always Princess, good job :) and now a new topic (I don't know if this was already ask)
If Ash and May could be the protagonist of any videogame what would it be and who would they be?

Gunstar Super Heros? Ash and May certainly fit the respective color themes for Blue and Red...

I have started work on a fanfic (it's a *long* way from being publish-worthy, however, and I've been sidetracked from it by a truckload of other things) where Ash and May (along with the TRio and a bunch of other characters) get sucked into the first Dungeon Siege, though.

if Ash and May never became Trainers, how will they meet and be together?
Um...yeah, I think they could be students. Or maybe some job when they are teenagers.
Sorry, a bit rushed.

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?:
When Ash put May in that vessel-thing and then went to fix the sea-crown or something and Manaphy used Heart Swap. Sorry, my memory's a bit foggy 'cuz it's been a while since I watched that movie.

Princess of Hoenn appears to be center of the thread. One post and everyone flocks the thread... Wow~ new banner!

If Ash and May never became Trainers, how will they meet and be together?

We're still stuck inside Pokemon realm. Just that they are not trainers. There are choices for kids to make like going for studies and so on.

I never thought of the Pokemon Ranger one. Sounds canon enough. Going for the traditional story themes, Team Rocket might attack the Ranger Center (what is it again?) where both of them are interviewing or something and the Team Rocket are trying to snatch some Pokemon. Then, Ash springs into action and saves the Center and May from the debris. That'll work.

What was your favourite moment in the 9th movie?
"Favourite" is UK counterpart of "favorite" which is a US spelling.
My personal favourite will be the climax part. The whole temple scene until resolution. It's unique. It's something the developers have never done before. A matured, wise little Ash caring for his female companion? And she is communicating with him through Manaphy's Heart Swap, urging him to go on.

That is not just some friendship.

@Princess of Hoenn
TEEHEE. >//u//<
And urgh yesssssss. Anyone who didn't like that scene had to be crazy! It was just beautiful. And oh my gosh, that architecture for the temple! <3
Man, this is what I love about Pokemon movies, they really take the time putting details in these scenery's/places.
And ahhhhhh what a cute banner! I think it may be my 2end favourite!:'D (My first fav is the one in your signature. teehee)
It looks lovely and I love the effects you've done around Ash!

@DarkDreams Oh my gosh yesssss. That scene made me so happy! I remember when I first saw it as a kid, I almost jumped and fell off my bed. gfhdjuesiwghfjude
It still makes so excited ahhhhh

@Aloasa (No, favourite is also right. Favorite is in the US if I'm not mistaken. Both are right)

@Anikasnow6 Ahhhh, for that scene, I don't think it was Heart Swap. Actually, I don't know if there was a specific name for what Manaphy did? But it may have been Heart Swap... OH GOSH, I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT. BUT YOU KNOW WHAT? THAT SOUNDS SO CUTE.
Instead of them switching bodies THEIR HEARTS WERE CONNECTED.
LIKE, IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW. I CAN'T BELIEVE I NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT IT????

@xLolPanda (Yes, I'm aware of that. Here in Canada, we use both. So it doesn't matter. But I usually go for the UK counterpart.)
And yes yes yes and more yesssss. I totally agree. It was the most mature scene ever. Not only that, but it was a scene where Ash almost died. That hasn't happened since the first movie!
Perhaps they wanted to make it more serious considering it was the last movie for the 3erd generation.; u ;

Oh, also, I don't think anyone has posted this yet, so I might as well;

Pokemon - My Dearest Cover 1 by ~SokaiFanForever on deviantART

New fanart I found. It's absolutely amazingggggg. It's so so prettyyyy.; A ;

@GloomyHaruka Can't be. Since they have many opportunities to make these movies in order to dedicate it to its respective generation as its 'last movie', why the 3rd generation is given such a special treat? Nice fanart!! Spoiler - teenage Ash and May

I really really wish that there will be more May appearances. These fanarts are giving me the feels. I believe that their friendship is pure simple, shaped out of care, strength and understanding. And they have reached to a certain extent that they are communicating with each other through their hearts (thanks little Manaphy) and showing great care to each other.
TFW never have a gf before

I should be doing my assignments. Ciao!

(Nice to see this thread still up and running though ^^ *tackles princess*)

*squeezes DD tight* I miss youuuu<33 Come back to us ;_;

Princess of Hoenn appears to be center of the thread. One post and everyone flocks the thread... Wow~ new banner!

Anything to keep our thread going ;) Activity or not, my greatest wish is for everyone to never forget why we love Advanceshipping the way we do...and if we always keep a part of hearts dedicated to this ship, we will never truly die :)

New topic?

If Advanceshipping was a fairytale story, what would the storyline be? (You can make one up or incorporate an already existing fairytale!)

And sorry, no new banners, but I do have more photos from my shenanigans in Zenkaikon. My friend helped shoot some photos of me and my May cosplay...and then I just added Advanceshipping subtext xD

MayCosplay2_zps03639fac.png
MayCosplay_zps3ea687c4.png

Quotes from my recent fanfic "rewrite history" and songs "Desert Lands" and "She is the Sunlight" by Trading Yesterday

I really really wish that there will be more May appearances. These fanarts are giving me the feels.

Took the words right out of my mouth. If this was tumblr, I would have feels gifs all over the place.

@gloomyharuka well EXCCUUUUUUUSSEEEE ME princess because I don't know UK grammar (no offense gloomy)
@Princess of Hoenn, thanks to those cosplays I'm very afraid that one day I'll ACTUALLY fall in love with you

If Advanceshipping was a fairytale story, what would the storyline be? (You can make one up or incorporate an already existing fairytale!)

It start with Ash training to be a knight in order to help his people defend the King and Queen of Kanto but the Johto Kingdom has join forces with the Unova Kingdom to take Kanto down, after a huge battle Kanto eventually falls, the only survivor left, Ash, was seriously injured and on the blink of death as he passes out, a Johto soldier sees this and is about to land the final blow on Ash but a strange white light stops him and teleports Ash away. Ashe wakes up in the Sky Kingdom of Hoenn, it results that the king of Hoenn requested her fairy/mage daugther May (see, this IS a FAIRYTALE, so EAT IT) to save Ash from his death and explains that he must defeat the Johto and Unova Kingdoms before they end up destroying the world wth the uncontrolable power of the Sky god and even tell him that he is actually Loyalty, Ash and May train (Ash his swordfight and May her magical powers), during there training they bond together until the moment of falling in love, yet they haven't told each other yet, aftre the training they give both of them Hoenn's ultimate weapons the Shappire Staff of Littleroot, the Ruby Shield of Petarburg and finally the Emerald Sword of Terracotta to fight of the enemy, they succesfully defeat the Unova Kingdom but the Johto Kingdom unleash the beast and it's now destroying everything but the Johto Kingdom, so they have to go to the Sinnoh Kingdom in order to make an alliance in order to defeat the Johto Kingdom once and for all, but it comes with a price, it turns out that the King and Queen of Sinnoh die and Princess Dawn is left but she can't take care of her Kingdom alone, so she needs a prince in order to become Queen, sadly Ash and May have to decide, there love or the future of the world, at the end they decide to wed Ash and Dawn (only political) but at the end May and Ash will always be in love with each other at the end they defeat Johto but May has to leave for good leaving Ashe alone, but the Terracotta Sword stays with him, as a reminder of hr love, and that one day they would meet again, this or another life, but they would.

sorry if this was rush but I was being call for stuff a lot so I had to make this fast in order to have time for stuff

New topic?

And sorry, no new banners, but I do have more photos from my shenanigans in Zenkaikon. My friend helped shoot some photos of me and my May cosplay...and then I just added Advanceshipping subtext xD

MayCosplay2_zps03639fac.png
MayCosplay_zps3ea687c4.png

Quotes from my recent fanfic "rewrite history" and songs "Desert Lands" and "She is the Sunlight" by Trading Yesterday

I may have to concur with Aloasa.

As for the ADV fairy tale, I kinda like the idea of Ash being a wandering trainer who basically blunders his way into saving Princess May from whatever imperils her. This, I think, has the added bonus of Ash roaming for no better reason but to become a stronger trainer at first, but then finding something truly important to fight for when he meets May. In fact, someone in the story could even bring this up, asking him, "Why do you want to be strong?" and Ash not coming up with a good answer. Then, when he starts protecting May, he decides to be strong for her.

What was your favorite moment in the 9th movie?:

The whole scene where Ash puts May in the capsule, shows how he puts her life (and Pikachu's) instead of his own and how she prayed for him. Shows how deep their friendship (and possible romantic feelings but mainly friendship). Their trust and bond with each other is really well shown here.

Also the Luvdisc scene as a close second. It has been discussed before about why was it Luvdisc and not Remoraid etc. Pokedex entries about Luvdisc and all provide a nice treat for us Advance shippers :)

What was your favorite moment in the 9th movie?

Ash protecting May, Pikachu and Manaphy, and swimming with Luvdisc.

This thread is going stale, I guess I'll take one step forward and break the long nap.

Since Kalos region is the next stop, I guess we spread our Shipping world there. I'll take the topic that is discussed / brought up several times with a little variation. How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?

I'll answer this one later.

How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?

I sure hope Kalos has contests!
Maybe she'll make an appearance there to promote something if you know what I mean

This thread is going stale, I guess I'll take one step forward and break the long nap.

Since Kalos region is the next stop, I guess we spread our Shipping world there. I'll take the topic that is discussed / brought up several times with a little variation. How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?

I'll answer this one later.

I actually did had plans to post this but I was waiting a little longer, but sadly unless they have contest or this is the final region of pokemon, I can't see May returning and seeing Ash, sorry I just can't

What give Ash more chance to be with May then Drew ?
After all , Drew is the ''Love-Rival' in the Advanceshipper eye .
You know , The thing I hated most of Advance series is that Drew beat Ash without breaking a sweat in front of May but there wan NO Rematch where Ash kicked his butt .
After all , The thing I wanted to see the most the Ash beating Drew to a pulp in front of May .
But I guess Writer somehow loves Drew so they ignore it and always show Drew to be smarter & Stronger then Ash .
It was really painful for me So I guess it was probably even more irritating for An Advanceshipper who see Drew as a ''Love-rival'' .

How will Ash meet up with May again in Kalos region?

I sure hope Kalos has contests!
Maybe she'll make an appearance there to promote something if you know what I mean

If May show up then hopefully Drew will show up .
So , I would like Ash beating Drew in karo region and does something for May that Drew couldn't do for her .
Then a Epiosde where Drew realize May love Ash more then him so he gave up on her .
But The Anime stuff loves Cute boy like Drew , Trip , kotetstu and Virgill over an unattractive boy like Ash so I won get my hope up.

Agreed, look alive, dear Advanceshippers! Hope is not easy, but we've waited this long :) Besides, it's (almost) summer!

What do you think is May and Ash's favorite summer activity to do together?

Also, new banner for the masses. Tried to make it as summery as possible haha.

Advanceshipping128_zpsff68b4e9.png

[and if the sky would fall down and crash into the sea,
i know that i'd still have you, baby, and you will still have me -- Trading Yesterday]

Cheers :)

Agreed, look alive, dear Advanceshippers! Hope is not easy, but we've waited this long :) Besides, it's (almost) summer!

What do you think is May and Ash's favorite summer activity to do together?

Also, new banner for the masses. Tried to make it as summery as possible haha.

Advanceshipping128_zpsff68b4e9.png

[and if the sky would fall down and crash into the sea,
i know that i'd still have you, baby, and you will still have me -- Trading Yesterday]

Cheers :)

It's summery all right, and it's a good summary of our hopes. It's a summery summary! *rimshot* Thank you. I'm here all week.

I'd say that Ash and May's favorite summer activity is basically what they did all throughout AG: traveling together while seeing new places, meeting new Pokémon, battling various trainers, defeating criminal syndicates and their psychotic bosses--you know, the usual.

Back
Top Bottom