• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

If Ash and May were real people, do you think they would be more or less compatible than how we make them out to be?

Probably less, since we as supporters of a shipping tend to over-exaggerate things just a tad.

If Ash and May were real people, do you think they would be more or less compatible than how we make them out to be?

More. I see their relationship as the most natural out of all the Shipping's with Ash. And he's met her entire family (and her dad) which makes him a little more integrated in her life imo :D

*wild Aloasa reapears* Good to be back after that long XD

Considering today life style......what they have done in the anime (meating each others families) and there personalities......I guess the chances are kinda improve tbh, not that much because of the whole oposite atracts crap.....sadly this would make pokeshipping rise up even more if you ask them this question but forget I said that, the point is that I think there is an improvement, and about advanceforever's post..... I think May DOES have a name...don't quote me on that it's been a long time

Ash and May would be very compatible. There isn't a love-hate relationship between them since that kind of relationship doesn't work in real life.

…So it has come to my attention that we have been quite subdued for some time. Which, I understand is completely understandable, seeing as we don’t have much new material to bounce off of, and we were never an extremely loud shipping to begin with. Which again, is okay. But, since we are a nation, I have decided that our…economy needs a boost, if you will.

And what does a nation do when they need an economic boost? They invoke an...

ADVANCESHIPPING STIMULUS PACKAGE!

Ladies and gentlemen, Advanceshippers of all ages, I give you the Princess of Hoenn specialty-made Advanceshipping Stimulus Package, part one:

Featuring my secret weapon: The Advanceshipping Rainbow Collection.

ADVRainbow_zpsc7468049.png

(because rainbows help everyone in their time of need)

Advanceshipping132_zpsf3758805.png

Advanceshipping133_zps8be33441.png

Advanceshipping134_zpsace547fa.png

Advanceshipping135_zps2081c89a.png

Advanceshipping136_zps187cd6a5.png

Advanceshipping137_zpscf0d0323.png

Advanceshipping138_zps7d7e07c3.png

Let’s bring some color back into our lives, shall we?

…So it has come to my attention that we have been quite subdued for some time. Which, I understand is completely understandable, seeing as we don’t have much new material to bounce off of, and we were never an extremely loud shipping to begin with. Which again, is okay. But, since we are a nation, I have decided that our…economy needs a boost, if you will.

And what does a nation do when they need an economic boost? They invoke an...

ADVANCESHIPPING STIMULUS PACKAGE!

Ladies and gentlemen, Advanceshippers of all ages, I give you the Princess of Hoenn specialty-made Advanceshipping Stimulus Package, part one:

Featuring my secret weapon: The Advanceshipping Rainbow Collection.

ADVRainbow_zpsc7468049.png

(because rainbows help everyone in their time of need)

Advanceshipping132_zpsf3758805.png

Advanceshipping133_zps8be33441.png

Advanceshipping134_zpsace547fa.png

Advanceshipping135_zps2081c89a.png

Advanceshipping136_zps187cd6a5.png

Advanceshipping137_zpscf0d0323.png

Advanceshipping138_zps7d7e07c3.png

Let’s bring some color back into our lives, shall we?

Yeah, I'd say we really needed that. And does this mean you'll be back here more? I think we've all missed you.

Kinda makes me wanna make more ADV children's trading cards.

And speaking of screwing the rules...

Suppose Ash actually decided to go down the ADV route. (Yeah, yeah, I know...he's typically too dense for that, but miracles can happen.) How would he start?

Feel free to explain it with him being as awkward as possible.

But, since we are a nation, I have decided that our…economy needs a boost, if you will.

The mods conquered our nation and abolished it. Alas, we are now a nation only in our hearts. I call for a rebellion!

Anyway, beautiful banners. I especially love the 5th and 7th ones.

Also, welcome back to both you and Dracoman!

Suppose Ash actually decided to go down the ADV route. (Yeah, yeah, I know...he's typically too dense for that, but miracles can happen.) How would he start?

Can it be? A topic with the potential for some meaty replies? Rejoice!

I think we can agree that Ash just isn't the sort to give romantic gifts. Instead, he'd be more likely to do stuff together with May. Maybe he'd find the courage to tell her how he feels after a while. Dates would be awkward as hell and May would take the lead here.

I said this topic has the potential for meaty replies but I didn't mean they would come from me. :p Other people are better at coming up with this romantic stuff.

Yeah, I'd say we really needed that. And does this mean you'll be back here more? I think we've all missed you.

Kinda makes me wanna make more ADV children's trading cards.

For the moment, I suppose. But, mark my words, I'll always be here for an Advanceshipper's time of need.

And you should totally start up ADV cards again! I always found them so intriguing, and we definitely need the morale boost, so :)

The mods conquered our nation and abolished it. Alas, we are now a nation only in our hearts. I call for a rebellion!

We shall never fall! Not if I can help it :)
Anyway, always great to see you, Ranger Jack. It's comforting to know you're watching over the thread ;)

Suppose Ash actually decided to go down the ADV route. How would he start?

Oh goodness, what an adventure that'd be. Well, I think this topic calls for a mini fanfic, don't you?

As always, under the spoiler cut.

He couldn't have asked for a better day. The forecast had asked for light showers in the morning, but by 11:00 am the clouds had long cleared, leaving the earth smelling clean and bright. The grass was only slightly wet, sparkling with a fresh layer of dew that scattered like little beads in the cardamom sunshine.

The picnic blanket was getting damp too, he supposed. But that didn't seem to matter to May, who was currently lying down beside him, her arms pillowed behind her head, a half eaten cupcake balanced on her stomach and spilling crumbs over her skirt. Pikachu was dozing off beside her, chirping lightly.

"I'm so glad we came out today," she said at length, her eyes trained on the clouds. Her eyes were so blue, reflected by the sky.

Ash chuckled, pouring himself some lemonade. "Yeah, me too," he said, then blushed at the utter simplicity of his answer.

But May was looking at him, a smile on her cheeks, so he guessed it was okay.

They sat in silence for a few more minutes, but then Ash started to get jittery. He was never one to sit so still for so long.

"Hey, let's go look for Pecha berries!" he said, standing up. May's eyes fluttered open in surprise, as if she had been sleeping too. Pikachu roused from beside her and hopped onto Ash's waiting shoulder.

"Pecha berries?" she asked curiously, standing up and brushing crumbs off her skirt. "Do you even know if there are any berries around here?"

Ash smiled and took her hand shyly, helping her up. "Yeah, I remember coming out here with Pikachu before. There was a whole bush of them somewhere. Isn't that right, buddy?" He turned to his long time companion with a smile.

"Pika pika!" the yellow mouse pokemon replied, which Ash took as affirmation.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" he insisted. May gave him a fond smile. At least, he thought it was fond. He really needed to start learning to decipher her many expressions. God knows he was bad at that.

"Okay..." she said, stepping off the blanket. "I certainly hope you know where we're going..."

Ten minutes, several thorny bushes, and an angry group of Shroomish later, they finally reached the bush.

May was slightly cross at this point, picking leaves out of her hair. "So you're telling me we came all the way here for this dinky little bush?"

Ash had the decency to look sheepish. Sure, the bush was definitely smaller than he remembered it...but there had to be Pecha berries on it, right?

"Trust me, it'll be worth it!" he insisted, reaching over to brush a stray leaf out of May's hair and pressing a hesitant kiss to the spot. May's expression softened slightly as she ducked her head, chuckling.

"Okay, okay," she said, reaching her hand into the bush and feeling around. "Hey, I think I found one!"

Breathing a sigh of relief, the three sat down in the soft soil, savoring the sweet, juicy flavor of the pink fruit. When May finished hers, she looked over at Ash with a mischievous smile.

"I think you've got Pecha juice on your lip, Ash," she said sweetly, wiping off her sticky fingers.

Ash blinked owlishly. "Do I?" he asked, reaching up to wipe it away.

May laughed and caught his arm. "Yeah, right here," she whispered, then leaned in to give him a kiss.

From between them, Pikachu made a sound of protest. Ash pulled away with a grin, expression soft and silly. May didn't let him go far, laying her head on his shoulder and rubbing the fur between Pikachu's ears. "Oh, don't worry, I love you too, Pikachu," she said teasingly.

The yellow mouse pokemon cooed happily. Then, suddenly his ears perked up, eyes widening in what looked like fear.

Ash and May automatically stiffened. "Pikachu, what is it?" Ash asked tersely.

May squeaked. "Oh no, Ash, look!"

Raising his head, Ash suddenly realized that the entire clearing was filled with Beedrill. They buzzed angrily, filling the forest with a dissonant hum.

"I...I think they're mad we ate their Pecha berries..." Ash stuttered, slowly trying to stand up. May followed suit, and Pikachu's cheeks started to spark.

"There's too many of them, we can't fight!" May whispered hastily, as if afraid that any loud noises would spur the Beedrill into action. Her hand reached down to squeeze Ash's almost painfully.

Somehow, her touch jolted Ash back into action. "You know what that means, right?" he asked, body coiled tight.

May nodded. "Run!"

And off they went, tripping and stumbling over the grassy twigs and trees, the Beedrills in hot pursuit. In the middle of the chase, Ash dared to look over, the wind rushing in his ears, almost as loud as the drone of Beedrills. "You okay?" he shouted, tightening his hold on May's hand.

And May looked back at the sound of his voice, her hair whipping her face, cheeks pink. What surprised him most though was how utterly free her smile looked. "Yeah!" she shouted back. Her next words were pitched on a breathless laugh of exhilaration. "I've never felt so alive!"

Ash's eyes widened, then he found himself laughing too, the sheer ridiculousness of the moment overtaking him. She was right. He felt great.

And so off they ran, hand in hand, the Beedrills following like a trail of yellow balloons, bright and beautiful as the sun.

So fluffy that I think I gave myself cavities. Well, my apologies x)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said the topic has the potential for really meaty replies. Very cute and also awkward in good way.

Yep, I'll always be here. Mostly because I have nothing better to do.

For the moment, I suppose. But, mark my words, I'll always be here for an Advanceshipper's time of need.

And you should totally start up ADV cards again! I always found them so intriguing, and we definitely need the morality boost, so :)

I think the word you're looking for is "morale." Though we should keep our morality, too.

Anyway, ask and ye shall receive:

90461.jpg

First card where I used fanart instead of a screenshot.

BTW, nice story. I didn't expect anyone to actually take my topic seriously, but I suppose if anybody would, it'd be you.

I think the word you're looking for is "morale." Though we should keep our morality, too.

Oh hush you, it was late, I wasn't thinking straight ;) But yes, you're quite right. Lovely new card by the way. I've quite missed them :)

So, I guess it's just the three of us for a while, huh?

No problem, something's gotta keep us going, right? x)

AaMayLdreaming_zps911df054.png

Quick little edit. I was thinking of Jirachi Wishmaker as I made it...that movie always gives me the Advanceshipping feels.

Oh hush you, it was late, I wasn't thinking straight ;) But yes, you're quite right. Lovely new card by the way. I've quite missed them :)

So, I guess it's just the three of us for a while, huh?

No problem, something's gotta keep us going, right? x)

AaMayLdreaming_zps911df054.png

Quick little edit. I was thinking of Jirachi Wishmaker as I made it...that movie always gives me the Advanceshipping feels.
which are destroy thanks to the dub....good job 'merica, anyway, I always wish that the wish was that they would be together, but sadly she didn't got the last day and hasn't succeded, just hope she goes to Kalos and stop SatoSere before it's to late or before I jump the ship

which are destroy thanks to the dub....good job 'merica, anyway, I always wish that the wish was that they would be together, but sadly she didn't got the last day and hasn't succeded, just hope she goes to Kalos and stop SatoSere before it's to late or before I jump the ship

Jumping ship is only for the hopeless. We are not hopeless. I promise we never will be.

I took a look at the SatoSere shipping. Looks like it's the new girl of the region, huh? With a twist that she's Ash's old friend.

Well, new companions have never stopped us, have they?

Below I have made three banners that explain how I'm feeling about ADV as of this point in the pokemon anime:

Advanceshipping139_zps2d56a87d.png

[there's a girl he knows,
and he loves her so.
i'm not that girl]

Advanceshipping140_zpsda6bf0be.png

[i will fight for him,
for every memory, every dream
my name is May.
and i will never let him go.]

Advanceshipping141_zpsbcb32172.png

[in every lifetime,
in every future,
i promise...]

I'll never forget you.

Still ready to give up? I hope not :) And besides, I took a look at the new XY anime trailer, and saw this:

2r2sksz.jpg

Quality is terrible, my apologies, but. Looks like one of those Mega Blaziken's that XY is going to introduce. And who do we know has a Blaziken?

I'm not saying that May's going to come back; I highly doubt it, honestly. But at least it's nice to see a nod toward a pokemon our favorite Hoenn girl raised under Ash's tutelage.

From what I've heard, that Blaziken is on some kind of rampage, and I doubt May's Blaziken would do that. Not unless someone seriously [EFF!]ed with it.

Anyway, I've got a new topic:

We know Ash has a penchant for saving May from such things as wild Pokémon, collapsing bridges (I think), and cheating opponents. What else would you like to see Ash save May from? If you want, you can even show how that might play out.

I just know Princess will make something good out of this.

Hey there, meant to say this earlier, but @DracoMan; can you please if capable, just provide a source to the original fanart, and just, in future, give the content of the card more an emphasis on Advanceshipping. Just a warning for everyone in the future, thank you.

Hey there, meant to say this earlier, but @DracoMan; can you please if capable, just provide a source to the original fanart, and just, in future, give the content of the card more an emphasis on Advanceshipping. Just a warning for everyone in the future, thank you.

The source is me: I've created 20 cards about May and AdvanceShipping. The others know about them.

She means the fanart you used in the card.

IMAGE CREDITING POLICY

1. Do not hotlink to images. If you want to post an image, either upload it on photobucket/imageshare/any other image-hosting website, or in your own gallery here on Bulbagarden. Hotlinking often result in broken images.
Related infraction for rule-breakers: Unreadable/Incoherent Post

2. Do not post other people's fanart without giving full credits. Full credits mean naming the artist and linking to the artist's gallery (the link must be a text link, not in the image). If the art is yours, say so. (Official art and screencaps are not fanart, unless it has been modified.)
Related infraction for rule-breakers: Copyright Violation

3. As an EXCEPTION, you may post links to image collections (so long as they contain no inappropriate content), even if they do not give proper credits. Those links must be to the collection itself, not to individual images in it.
- invalidated as of Jan 2nd, 2012.

However, the rule concerning crediting fanart seems to have been removed.

More importantly, I believe she's saying that try to credit the original artist if you can. But using the word 'warning' is out of place, in that case. I can take this issue to the Rules thread if necessary and a mod can just move this post there.

From what I've heard, that Blaziken is on some kind of rampage, and I doubt May's Blaziken would do that. Not unless someone seriously [EFF!]ed with it.

Anyway, I've got a new topic:

We know Ash has a penchant for saving May from such things as wild Pokémon, collapsing bridges (I think), and cheating opponents. What else would you like to see Ash save May from? If you want, you can even show how that might play out.

I just know Princess will make something good out of this.

That MegaBlaizken already has a trainer. And the trainer dresses like MegaBlaziken. May's comeback, this ain't.

Yes, yes you two, I am quite aware that this Mega Blaziken has no connection whatsoever to May's Blaziken. In fact, if it did, I would actually be quite angry XD But what I'm saying is that seeing the Blaziken made me a bit nostalgic simply because it reminded me of May. That's all x)

And goodness DracoMan, I hope to not disappoint XD I will certainly think of a mini fanfic to go along with your topic...but for now, I think I'll just say I really would have liked to see Ash try to save May from something potentially life threatening, and when she pleads with him not to, he admits that he just can't imagine a world without her. BUT THEN May, being the person that she is, grabs onto Ash's hand and insists, "Fine. But if we don't die together, then we don't die at all."

*cries* Time to go write this sucker haha x)

Computer problems... :/
I've noticed that recently, we've been talking about May coming back a lot...
I probably won't write about anything, because I'm a horrible writer...but I can see May being attacked by one of Ash's pokemon that's really hostile toward her... Maybe there could be some ChikoShipping or whatever and Bayleef sees some relationship between Ash and May and attacks her~! And then Ash saves May from Bayleef! That'd be pretty cool... But that probably would never work or happen...... I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom