• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

Damn, I haven't posted in a while.

If May were to appear in the X and Y series, what would she be doing in Kalos?

I don't think she has to be doing something to have a reason to be in Kalos. Especially since there's nothing related to Contests in Kalos. She could just be there. Maybe on vacation or something.

Yeah, we really do need some action and activity. Even though AmourShipping is likely to become canon, we should still "never give up until the end."
I'm not really good with questions, but I guess Do you think Ash and May will ever meet again? --maybe. XD
I'll answer the question later. With AmourShipping and Ash moving on from Hoenn, the chances are really pretty slim. But we're kind of in a hiatus right now and I guess we should try to revive our spirits.
By the way, nice fic~ ^^

Do you think Ash and May will ever meet again?
I think it will only be when the remakes are annouce because I don't see why the producers would want to put May back in, right now it's very much nonexisten :(
And I guess...we are in hiatus mode because we don't post around here anymore :(
GLOOMY! PRINCESS! DON'T GO MIA T_T

Hope you guys don't mind if I jump in. I absolutely adore this pairing. :)

Even though I haven't kept up with the anime as of recent, I'd unfortunately go as far as to say I don't think so. Since May already returned once, I don't see why she'd have a reason to make another appearance. Unless perhaps they bring all of the old characters together for a reunion of some sort.

It's highly unlikely that Ash and May will meet again (at least anytime soon) for the same reason he's unlikely to run into Misty or Dawn again - they got their guest spots, and now they're done. It's not impossible, of course, since obviously Misty got two guest spots back in AG, but the likelihood of it is pretty low.

Not that that's much of a hurdle for shipping, obviously.

True, it is highly unlikely for May to ever appear again and thus give AdvanceShipping a chance, seeing as she's another one of the anime girl who comes in, leaves, returns, and just plain disappears.
Then again, AmourShipping looks like it's on the road to canon, but since Serena is another one of the many girls, will she disappear too? That would be like making a ship canon and then just trashing one of the two sides of the relationship.
So I think that if they bring Serena back numerous times or keep her there, May's still got a chance, and, in turn, AdvanceShipping as well.
This is way too confusing sometimes. XD
And yes, we need to revive our thread and ship!

Nintendo announced Hoenn remakes!!!!!!! This increases our hopes of Ash and May meeting, because when they remake a region's game, there is always some connection to the anime. What do you guys think?

I do think they will meet again because misty returned for a second time because of fire red and leaf green and Lyra made an appearance because of Heartgold and Soulsilver, so I think that may will return because of omega ruby and alpha sapphire.

It's a nice fic~ ><
I guess May now has a chance, but with our luck, she won't come back, and some sort of Lyra and Khoury will come instead, with Serena being there and all. Or they're just going to use May to make Serena jealous--though I suppose that's better than nothing. Well, Misty did come back for FRLG, so...... :/
I had a dream where May came back and Ash kept a picture of her. >////<

Yeah, I would assume that if May did come back, it would only be for a few episodes to promote OR/AS, much like Lyra did for HG/SS.

So it has been confirmed that May is indeed returning for ORAS and we won't be having a Lyra situation. This means that May is almost guaranteed to return in the anime to advertize the remakes. Here's hoping for some more Advanceshipping hints!

So it has been confirmed that May is indeed returning for ORAS and we won't be having a Lyra situation. This means that May is almost guaranteed to return in the anime to advertize the remakes. Here's hoping for some more Advanceshipping hints!

hear hear! can't wait if it's anything like the last time May got a cameo :D
228.jpg

Ooooh this makes me so beyond happy. The anime needs more Haruka goodness.

Serena vs May. Now that's interesting... indeed. I dont know about the anime series, since I never watched past the end of Diamond and Pearl series. Still, I would watch through BW series and X&Y for the sake of keeping up with the storyline and knowing what's May's objective in Kalos and her chemistry with the new group.

Oh, and her new outfit means some new AS fanpics.

I'm hoping they will!! *fingers crossed* haha.

I mean, chances are higher with the Hoenn remakes, but I guess we'll see. X) I would love the writers forever if they did bring May back for at least a cameo!! xD

haha, that's all I want. <333

Arise fellow Advanceshippers! No one had posted anything for half a month , so i decided to *bump* this up , and be higher then the other ships - like it should be. :3

Why do you like AdvanceShipping?

Well , when i saw the first two episodes of May with Ash, it clicked to me . And as the anime went on with all the hints and what not , i could see more and more how good they looked together. Ash as a trainer was more mature around her , and the way May's character changed as the anime went on , mostly because of his influence.

To me , it's the little things that make Advanceshipping just right . :)

AdvanceShipping is awesome~ ><
But, in response to your question (Why do you like AdvanceShipping?), I guess it just works. We get to see a whole new side of Ash, and he and May are very similar. They look good together and care about each other on a deep emotional level, but of course they do have their fights once in a while. :)
I'm still a little uncertain about May returning, though... Ethan's counterpart was Jimmy, but in M13, he had another counterpart (Ethan) based off of Ethan's redesign. So I'm hoping they don't take the redesigned May and name her the same way they named Ethan, formerly Gold, Jimmy.

Back
Top Bottom