• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Advanceshipping General Discussion

If there is a chance that Kaori will be returning as a VA then we will have a high chance of May returning. As other people said: Misty got two returns so it's only fair that May also gets to appear again, right?? =)

Except Misty had two appearances that made up five episodes. May already had five episodes :/ However, Misty made another appearance in the special, so that means she got THREE cameo's. It's only fair May returned :3

Do you think ANY other shippings have a chance anymore?? I've been hearing a lot lately about Amourshipping and if you ask me, when the writers decided to put Serena just like THAT and said that she was a childhood friend on Ash who has a crush on him it just seemed like, "Wow, why would they do that??" It's such a killjoy to put in something that big into the series because, now how will things turn out in the end??

Hi guys i'm new to this whole forum thing (although I do read the posts sometimes) and I was wondering if i could join the blog? I'm an advanceshipper btw :)))

Yay! Thank you very much :) I can't wait to settle here and talk lots and lots about why advanceshipping is amazing ^////^

Last edited:
The one thing I'm worried about is the fact that Primal Kyogre/Groudon are appearing in a movie, not real episodes, meaning the short ORAS arc may really take place in the form of a movie. That makes it less likely for May to appear then because, well, it's only an hour and a half long and there simply isn't enough time. Plus it's a movie. Still, it would be nice if she could appear and lead her new and old friend(s) into the plot, herself being a Hoenn native.
If May were to temporarily travel with Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie, how do you think each of the characters would feel about her presence? Would they take a liking to her? How would they act?
I actually think May and Serena could be good friends. I personally don't think Serena would be that jealous, given her personality. She'd be a little flustered at first, but May and her would quickly become friends, and May would help her with her Pokémon struggles. After all, Serena is struggling to find a dream that may involve being an idol, and May herself is a well-known coordinator. Serena would respect May and any of Ash's decisions, even if they would hurt her. Bonnie and May is a given, with May acting as an older sister. If May were to appear, I'd like to see a lot of Bonnie character development though. Same goes for Clemont. I'd like May to question him about his personal dream as well. May could be a big help in terms of character. But of course, then there's Ash and May. I actually think things will start out awkward between the two of them. As several of you have mentioned (I think), May and Ash's relationship is complex, and having their next meeting start out awkward until they finally warm up to each other (be it gradually or after a tearful moment alone) would add more spice to the pairing. :)

The one thing I'm worried about is the fact that Primal Kyogre/Groudon are appearing in a movie, not real episodes, meaning the short ORAS arc may really take place in the form of a movie. That makes it less likely for May to appear then because, well, it's only an hour and a half long and there simply isn't enough time. Plus it's a movie. Still, it would be nice if she could appear and lead her new and old friend(s) into the plot, herself being a Hoenn native.

Maybe the ORAS mini arc can have a movie AND a mini arc in the anime? It wouldn't hurt :D

If May were to temporarily travel with Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie, how do you think each of the characters would feel about her presence? Would they take a liking to her? How would they act?

I think May and Serena would be friends considering Serena's goal isn't to be a coordinator (However, if Serena DOES decide to pursue coordinating, they could be friendly rivals like her and Dawn. May and Bonnie would be the best of friends, considering their similar characteristics! May could also help Clemont be more confident considering she has a knack for helping people in need (Dawn for instance)

Now onto Ash and May...I think they would be close throughout and spend most of their time catching up like her arc in the Diamond and Pearl saga. I also think May would help Ash come up with new strategies for battling as they're complex relationship influenced their battling styles in her original run. Who knows, maybe Ash can save her again ;3

Now I have two questions:

How do you think May would be introduced back into the series?
I have three ideas!

1) May and her family are taking a holiday in Kalos and the May and Max bump into Ash and the gang during one of their many arguments.
2) Ash and the gang are watching Lisia participate in a contest and May is the last one to appear on stage, surprising young Ash and Pikachu.
3) Ash and May contact each other again and Ash suggests May visits him in Kalos, to which she agrees to.

My second question; Would May drag Ash on a shopping spree?
Now I'm joking. Everyone knows May would do that!

Do you think May would be a source for character development again?
I think yes! May developed lots of people during her original run and then her return. (Ash by maturing him more. Drew, by making him less arrogant and more friendly. That rocker guy with the nagging mother and son and Dawn! During her period of isolation and depression) I think she could give character development to Bonnie and Clemont's sibling relationship, being an older sister herself. She could also help Serena choose her goal. As for Ash, May would remind Ash of all the hard work he's gone through and encourage him to keep working hard.

Wait! New question!

How do you think May would depart from the gang?
I think May would depart after encouraging Serena, Clemont and Bonnie to keep working hard. Then Ash and May talk and the two have flashbacks of their time together. They would then encourage each other to work hard to achieve their goals, promising they would meet again before having one final handshake. Then the scene cuts to May on the boat waving goodbye to her friends, promising Ash once again they would meet. This is how I think it would go:

Bonnie: "I can't believe you're really going May!"
Clemont: "Yeah, it truly is a shame"
May: "Chin up, guys! We'll meet each other again. I promise!"
Serena: "May, thanks for all you help. I think I have a goal in mind now"
May: "Great to hear Serena, don't worry, the next time we meet, we'll have a battle for sure!"
Serena: "I can't wait!"
*Ash walks up to May*

Ash: "We're making a habit of this!"
May: "Yeah and it doesn't get any easier!"
Ash: "Thanks for your help May. Good luck with all your contests"
May: "Thanks Ash, the next time we meet up, I expect to see the Pokemon Master!"
Ash: "I expect to see the top coordinator!"
*The two have flashbacks of their time, the scene cuts to them shaking hands.*
*May is then on the boat, waving goodbye to her friends. Ash and the others wave back, knowing they would meet again*

Hey guys, I'd just like to refresh some rules for the newcomers!

4. Don't make pointless posts (Pointless Post, 3 points, 1 month)
-This includes posts like "This is spam", creating a duplicate thread, and posting only to bump a thread.
-This also include posting twice in a row to make minor additions to your first post. Use "edit" instead.
-Finally, this include making a post that has nothing to do with the discussion in the thread it's in.

- If your post does not contribute to the discussion of Advanceshipping, it is off topic. It is completely fine to say that you're new to the thread, but these types of posts often derail the discussion and turn the thread in to a ton of "welcome to the thread!" instead of discussing the topic of the thread. There is nothing wrong with saying you are new of course, but please add something pertaining to the thread to your post - some fan art, replying to something else someone else posted and expanding on it, etc etc. There is an Advanceshipping social group where you can talk about whatever you want, but please try to keep this thread on topic.

- Please don't post twice in a row!! If you forgot to add something, please use the "Edit Post" feature to add what you forgot, even if it's a quote from another users. (Personally I find it easier to open the post I want to quote in a new tab, and copy and paste my reply in to my original post.)

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask myself or any of the other mods of the forum. Thank you.

I like the Lisia idea. I think it would be interesting to include Lisia in the show, because her occupation and personality really seems to fit with Pokémon Performances. Otherwise... Maybe May could be checking out a Performance and run into Ash and co. there.
How do you think May would depart from the gang?
I think she would say her individual goodbyes to each of the members of the XY cast, ending with Ash. Then, after boarding the ship, I think she would look away to keep herself from crying, but just before Ash and co. are out of sight, I think she would turn back and wave once more as Ash yells that they're definitely going to meet again. Hmm...I don't really know. XD

Amourshipper converted to Advanceshipper here (rare considering I heard a lot of Advanceshippers converted to Amourshipping).
Anyway, what really got me into Advanceshipping was fanfiction and movies. If anyone has a website with Japanese audio and English subs that would be great as then I would be able to watch the interaction of May and Ash in the best form.
I really hope May appears.
Also, I'm planning on writing a fanfiction that will end Advanceshipping so if anyone's interesting in helping please do message me. (my username on fanfiction.net is Lover of Pokemon)
Here's to Advanceshipping!

I would love to see May coming just to visit! I mean, it doesn't happen in Pokemon, but it would be extremely cute if she just went to go see Ash! X) <3

Like, she doesn't need a reason to see him, she just missed him haha. X)

What does everyone else think?

I would love to see May coming just to visit! I mean, it doesn't happen in Pokemon, but it would be extremely cute if she just went to go see Ash! X) <3

I agree with you Wubbzy! :) I wish that would happen... but this is the Pokemon world we're talking about. They'd only bring her back for a reason. XD I haven't seen much of XY, but maybe she'd visit Kalos because she heard of the Pokemon Showcases?

And welcome Advanceshipper for Life! <3 Glad to see new shippers with us.
I'm usually on other advanceshipping sites but decided to make a bulba one too. So hello!

By getting into an altercation with Serena.

I'm just kidding.

Realistically, if May was to be re-introduced, I feel it would be with a case of a Deja Vu episode, or a "fleeting demographic" episode, where, they take an episode premise that was from the Advance seasons, and recreate that premise.

Plus, May could help Serena in dealing with her loss, assuming she's still brooding about it when she gets introduced.

I agree with you Wubbzy! :) I wish that would happen... but this is the Pokemon world we're talking about. They'd only bring her back for a reason. XD I haven't seen much of XY, but maybe she'd visit Kalos because she heard of the Pokemon Showcases?

I'm usually on other advanceshipping sites but decided to make a bulba one too. So hello!

Yay!!! Firstly, welcome, glad you're here!! X)

Yeah, I agree. Tbh, I could see her curious after Ash tells her all about it in a phone call haha. xD I'd want her to go and try it out herself cause she's curious! X) That would be cute. That would be the main reason. X)

Either that or Max wanted to see something interesting in that region, so May goes with him to see it and they meet up with Ash.

Yeah, I agree. Tbh, I could see her curious after Ash tells her all about it in a phone call haha. xD I'd want her to go and try it out herself cause she's curious! X) That would be cute. That would be the main reason. X)

Either that or Max wanted to see something interesting in that region, so May goes with him to see it and they meet up with Ash.
Happpy to be here! :D

Yeah, she's pretty curious so I could see wanting to try something new. Plus it'd give her a chance to interact with her pokemon in a different way.

As for the other question... How do you think May would depart from the gang?

I think Anika said it nicely! May would she'd shake all of their hands, leaving Ash's for last. I can see her putting a small goodluck token in his hand while she shakes it (a fragment from the people of the water's bracelet she got in the 9th movie) and smile warmly at him. Then when the boat starts leaving, she'd yell out to him "Goodluck! Till next time!" While holding back tears.

.. Dang now I'm getting sad/excited just thinking about her return. Gah. XD

Happpy to be here! :D

Yeah, she's pretty curious so I could see wanting to try something new. Plus it'd give her a chance to interact with her pokemon in a different way.

As for the other question... How do you think May would depart from the gang?

I think Anika said it nicely! May would she'd shake all of their hands, leaving Ash's for last. I can see her putting a small goodluck token in his hand while she shakes it (a fragment from the people of the water's bracelet she got in the 9th movie) and smile warmly at him. Then when the boat starts leaving, she'd yell out to him "Goodluck! Till next time!" While holding back tears.

.. Dang now I'm getting sad/excited just thinking about her return. Gah. XD

I know! I hope she returns!! ;___; That's bbeautiful, btw!!! I love how you described that!! ;___; <3

I can see that happening as well! Or she'd just look at Ash with a sad, yet determined smile. That would be soooo adorable! <3

Aww thank you wubbz! <3

Realistically I think she would do what you said, shake his hand and look at him with a determined smile. Still adorable!! Maybe their gazes can linger for just a moment too long....

haha a girl can dream right?

Anyway, since we explored the possibility of May returning to Ash... what about vice versa? (this has probably been asked before, but it's still interesting seeing people's opinion's change!):

I'm new here, but I love AdvanceShipping- it was my first ship ever and I have kind of neglected it lately... I feel bad now :(

I think that Ash would really not just go to Hoenn or wherever May is traveling and say hi without a reason. If there was a tournament there like May showing up in Sinnoh for the Wallace Cup it'd make sense, but Ash doesn't seem like the type of trainer to abandon his dream out of the blue. Even though Ash and May are really good friends it would be quite out of character for that to happen. Instead I propose, like I mentioned before, there being a huge tournament for everyone from the past seasons to show up and have a good time.
The reason I don't think Ash should show up and be greeted by just May at the "tournament" is because it would be cool to see how much Ash chooses to interact with May rather than the others. Not to mention a big shipping hint!

Hi there Disconcern! Lol it's okay, we all have those periods where we forget our shipping.. XD Life happens~

I love your idea of the tournament with all the past characters and seeing how Ash interacts with May compared to the others. I'd actually prefer that actually, because then the hint would mean more! XD For some reason I can see May as an amazing trainer, I mean most of her Pokemon are almost fully evolved, she would whoop people's butts. If they had a tournament, I want her to have a battle with Ash, and then tie like they did in the Terracotta contest. XD That'd be amazing.

Hey, everyone! Just wanted to pop in and say hi, since I love Advanceshipping. I have for years, ever since May became a part of the series. I still wish for it to be canon someday. It'd be cool to see an episode where Ash returns to Hoenn to see May in a contest, since by this time I'd assume she'd be on Lisia's level. Sorry, I'm not very creative...xD

Back
Top Bottom